By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wasn't Vita suppose to outsell Wii this holiday?

SunofKratos said:
Can i answer your question with an other answer. Wasnt the Wii U the console which will destroy the competition over the holidays?

As you can see people expect a lot and are often worong with there expection ( including myself of course)

Absolutely nobody with any knowledge of the history of video games predicted this.  New consoles have never beaten the previous gen.  Not even the PS2 and people were shooting each other for one when it launched.

September 2012:  http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4792046

"And one more thing I'd like to point out (though most of us probably already know this-) every time a new gen comes out, the new hardware is ALWAYS outsold by the previous gen's consoles. I first noticed this (because EGM magazine pointed it out back in '89) with the Nes vs. the Gensis but it continued every gen since then. The Xbox and PS3 are likely to outsell the Wii U this holiday season and possibly next year, too. The only thing preventing this will be if the Wii U becomes a bit of a phenomenon like the Wii (unlikely, if you ask me).

When this happens, don't say "The Wii U is doomed!" Call it damage control if you want. It's what has always happened when we make the switch."

Around the Network

I'm still waiting on the Vita. I bought a 3DS but only kept it for 2 months and I plan on buying a Wii U. I don't see how anyone can think based on the Vita sales through out the year think that it would outsell the Wii U.

pezus said:

Just like Wii U was supposed to outsell PS3 this holiday. Heck, I was almost thinking that myself. But people are wrong sometimes and many were wrong about Vita outselling Wii this holiday. 

Almost no one said that. You are a shill, you can't stop doing your community manager work even when it's a blatant lie what you say, right?

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

Even the DS is ouselling the Vita

at the end of the day people make mistakes, hell we have to listen to the occasional bs Patchter says on a daily basis...

Around the Network

The Vita is dead. That's why it doesn't outsell the Wii this holiday. lol

Yet another classless thread for Nintendo fans to gloat over the Vita? Honestly? Why not just keep it to one of the dozens of threads that exist for that already? Or even the original thread?

pezus said:

Just like Wii U was supposed to outsell PS3 this holiday. Heck, I was almost thinking that myself. But people are wrong sometimes and many were wrong about Vita outselling Wii this holiday.

a little wrong !! Vita is 1 year ,so its  in normality , many problem r fixet. Wii u it is 1 month many problem to fix many 3party not on Wii U! confusion of heavin the same name Wii Wii U!!! but when I turned 1 years old Wii U will outsell PS3 easy.

pokoko said:
Yet another classless thread for Nintendo fans to gloat over the Vita? Honestly? Why not just keep it to one of the dozens of threads that exist for that already? Or even the original thread?

Locked:  http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=148425&page=2

Before making a thread like this you should actually know what thread you are talking about. I'm going to guess the reason you did not link the thread is because just like me, you couldn't seem to find it. I just spent well over 10 minutes searching through here as well as trying to google "Vita vs Wii VGChartz", "Vita to outsell Wii VGChartz", etc... and I only came up with the following:

A thread that was claiming that the WiiU 2012 holiday sales would outsell the Vita's lifetime sales.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=147094

Want to make that thread next?

Point is, a few people might make claims and end up being wrong. No reason to make such threads to gloat, especially if you have no actual proof to back your claim up.

Edit - Seems someone's found it. My bad. I'll admit I was wrong there.

Still, let's make a new thread about what I linked.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!