By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 hits 30 million lifetime sales across PAL regions

Max King of the Wild said:
GFK doesn't track Iceland, Ireland, Finland, Estonia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Belarus, Moldova, Bulgaria, New Zealand. Greenland, Svalbard, Serbia, Lithuania, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Yemen, Isreal, Jordan, Lebanon, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikastan, Kyrgystan, Mongolia, North Korea, Cambodia, Loas, Myanmar, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal, Brunei, Papua New Guinea, Singapore, East Timor, and I'm too lazy to type all of the African countries because there are many. I listed every country because I saw people claiming Middle East and India as PAL territories too.

That is if they are using GFK...

Well Sony can estimate the sales like Nintendo does... Nintendo get all the CFK data and make some estimations for the others countries... so the final number is for all Europe.

Sony can make something similar.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
Max King of the Wild said:
GFK doesn't track Iceland, Ireland, Finland, Estonia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Belarus, Moldova, Bulgaria, New Zealand. Greenland, Svalbard, Serbia, Lithuania, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Yemen, Isreal, Jordan, Lebanon, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikastan, Kyrgystan, Mongolia, North Korea, Cambodia, Loas, Myanmar, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal, Brunei, Papua New Guinea, Singapore, East Timor, and I'm too lazy to type all of the African countries because there are many. I listed every country because I saw people claiming Middle East and India as PAL territories too.

That is if they are using GFK...

Well Sony can estimate the sales like Nintendo does... Nintendo get all the CFK data and make some estimations for the others countries... so the final number is for all Europe.

Sony can make something similar.

True, but it would be much easier to report shipments... oh wait they did 70m WW a month and a half ago

Awesome numbers but how does it compare to Xbox i wonder?

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

the2real4mafol said:

~24 million for 360 (or less... I'm overstimating).

ethomaz said:
the2real4mafol said:

~24 million for 360 (or less... I'm overstimating).

I though PS3 would have been ahead by more, as worldwide gap is only 2 million but america's 360 lead is ahead by about 13 million, while in Japan, PS3 is ahead of 360 by about 5 million

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network

PS3 seems a bit overtracked, but I wouldn't bet on it, especially considering their last shipment report...

Nsanity said:
zhao3gold said:
To Kowen:

You don't need to quesiton my love on 360. I expect 360 to be the best selling console as well in Europe, but it just doesn't happen.

If you compare 360 with first gen XBOX, yes, it is a big progress. Nobody will deny it. But comparing to PS3, I think it is not enough. MS Europe didn't find a good way to convince most of gamers in Mainland Europe to choose 360 as their preferred home console. I know it is not easy because Playstation brand is so popular and so dominant here. But MS Europe must overcome this issue, otherwise, XBOX brand will never have chance to beat Playstation in the near future.

Thats Microsofts problem not yours.

You should propably tell that to Kowen

kowenicki said:
TrevDaRev said:
kowenicki said:

Also, How do we know its sold through?

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) today announced that the cumulative sales1 of the PlayStation®3 (PS3®) computer entertainment system reached a milestone of 30 million units across Europe and the PAL territories as of 17th December 2012, demonstrating the continued popularity and momentum of the PS3® platform...

Quote:

1 Sell through number (units sold to consumers) estimated by SCEE.

From GAF.

Where did he get that from?  I cant see it anywhere.

He got it from GAF!

Kresnik said:
Congrats2u PS3!

Thanks!!

This thread was a good read. PS3 is overtracked in PAL regions, eh? It must be undertracked somewhere else then. South America?

kowenicki said:
TrevDaRev said:
kowenicki said:
TrevDaRev said:
kowenicki said:

Also, How do we know its sold through?

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) today announced that the cumulative sales1 of the PlayStation®3 (PS3®) computer entertainment system reached a milestone of 30 million units across Europe and the PAL territories as of 17th December 2012, demonstrating the continued popularity and momentum of the PS3® platform...

Quote:

1 Sell through number (units sold to consumers) estimated by SCEE.

From GAF.

Where did he get that from?  I cant see it anywhere.

He got it from GAF!

I know.  And where did the guy at GAF get it?  The published press release doesnt have it.  Which is why I am trying to find the official one on a sony site somewhere.

I don't know. Some guy posted saying that the OP had left out the most important part of the press release and quoted the sell through bit.