By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 hits 30 million lifetime sales across PAL regions

kowenicki said:
Max King of the Wild said:
kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:

Its irrelevant.  The console still has to be sourced from somewhere.  Shipment numbers for SCEA would have included any sales in Brazil prior to 2009.

Sales in Israel will be counted in the Shipments from the PAL region, even if it isnt an official country for sales.

And that will reflect in their shipment reports. Not their sales report.

Pretty sure you have to ship something in order that someone can then sell it.  Sony dont have a sales report, they use external trackers.

and I see you also brought up the Global shipment number of November.  What does that have to do with this?  You might want to look at my earlier reply to that.

WOW, the ps3 hate has clearly fogged up your head so you can't be thinking clearly. I never said you can sell something you don't ship. However, those shipments in those territories wont be in a sales figure considering they aren't tracked.

Around the Network

To avoid any discussion i'll just add: Gz ps3?

That champions league sponsor is priceless. Europe is Sony land (not japan, the irony).

America = Microsoft

Japan = Nintendo/Sony

Europe = free to choose the best there is!

When I read the vg247 site, it states that Sony reported to them that sales of the PS3 had passed 30 million in PAl territories.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
kowenicki said:
CGI-Quality said:
weaveworld said:

In such case, looks like Sony is who they're choosing.

I imagine if they can continue this stronghold now, the PS4 could have an easier time, at least in the beginning, than its predecessor. 

Stronghold?

Current gen:

360: 27.4%

PS3: 33.5&

Wii: 39.1%

HD only:

PS3: 55%

360: 45%

Lol yeah the year and a half head start doesn't effect the numbers at all.

Congratz to sony.
So we have:
US - MS
Europe or PAL - Sony
Nippon - BigN
?
Sounds ok :)

kowenicki said:
cookingyourmama said:
kowenicki said:
CGI-Quality said:
weaveworld said:

I imagine if they can continue this stronghold now, the PS4 could have an easier time, at least in the beginning, than its predecessor. 

Stronghold?

Current gen:

HD only:

thats right, it doesnt.

So if the Xbox360 launched a year and half later in Europe compared to the PS3 the amount of 360's sold and the 360's market share wouldn't have been different?..... bwahahaha *face palm*

kowenicki said:
cookingyourmama said:
kowenicki said:
cookingyourmama said:
kowenicki said:
CGI-Quality said:
weaveworld said:

Stronghold?

Current gen:

HD only:

thats right, it doesnt.

So if the Xbox360 launched a year and half later in Europe compared to the PS3 the amount of 360's sold and the 360's market share wouldn't have been different?..... bwahahaha *face palm*

yes of course they would, but it didnt, so they arent.

get it?

now go bait someone else, but before you do take a look at the thread I linked just above in reply to CGI.  Didn't see you in that one belly aching over some kind of paranoid agenda.  Look forward to your first thread and first constructive post.  I might have to wait a while though eh?

So then don't make statements that aren't true and stop with this ridiculous agenda of desperately trying to get the PS3 numbers lowered and the Xbox360 numbers raised all the time, it's getting very old.

GFK doesn't track Iceland, Ireland, Finland, Estonia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Belarus, Moldova, Bulgaria, New Zealand. Greenland, Svalbard, Serbia, Lithuania, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Yemen, Isreal, Jordan, Lebanon, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikastan, Kyrgystan, Mongolia, North Korea, Cambodia, Loas, Myanmar, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal, Brunei, Papua New Guinea, Singapore, East Timor, and I'm too lazy to type all of the African countries because there are many. I listed every country because I saw people claiming Middle East and India as PAL territories too.

That is if they are using GFK...