By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - There are too many trolls

Are there?

Yes 157 82.20%

No 34 17.80%

Total:191
Areym said:

We will get to you as soon as possible.

OT: I don't see how it is a problem. If you give the trolls attention, you give them the power. Doesn't matter who's right or wrong. 

As a matter of fact, you're only contributing to the problem with this thread and me with this reply.

The form made me laugh.

OT, hopefully the benefit this thread brings (talking about it) outweighs the inevitable negative serving attention to trolling yields. This far it's been at bay, when it gets sabotaged, I'll get it locked to make a point. Then I think I'm going to create a micro-society within vgchartz and make some invites. I hope some people join.

Around the Network
Nsanity said:
spurgeonryan said:
I nominate happydolphin, condegamer and Carl as new mode.

The old guard is hardly here anymore. Dump them and truly rejuvenate the mod team. If they are not here then why are they mode? Checking in once every month just to keep their position of power.

Are you high?

Indeed.

I think a mod from each "camp" should be nominated though. Ethomaz for sure, or Turkish? No? Hahahaha! Yeah, try picking a guy from the Sony side of the 3-way fence, they're all very...... Passionate.

Maybe a poll of some sort or perhaps the user of the year, every year gets automatically upgraded to Mod status?

It's clear we need a system in place to refresh the mods for when they become in-active.

happydolphin said:

But I haven't had a decent conversation in weeks, it's all mostly been short posts about things that are not really reasonable and come out of nowhere. I never had this kind of streak and I've been here since 2009.

I am thin-skinned personally and I'm aware of that, but there's a factual streak of spam and low-intelligence dialoguing going on. I'm thinking it might be due to the new gen, it brings in a whole new generation of trolling perhaps.

Ive noticed in the last Month or so, that good conversation can still be had if youre looking for it.

With a new generation here, plenty of games on the horizon and the Holiday sales boost... There are plenty of topics, you just find a rough patch no and again where theres very little that interests you enough to bother putting any effort in.

ironmanDX said:

Indeed.

I think a mod from each "camp" should be nominated though. Ethomaz for sure, or Turkish? No? Hahahaha! Yeah, try picking a guy from the Sony side of the 3-way fence, they're all very...... Passionate.

I do believe it's posts like this that are discouraged in this very thread.

happydolphin said:
Areym said:

We will get to you as soon as possible.

OT: I don't see how it is a problem. If you give the trolls attention, you give them the power. Doesn't matter who's right or wrong. 

As a matter of fact, you're only contributing to the problem with this thread and me with this reply.

The form made me laugh.

OT, hopefully the benefit this thread brings (talking about it) outweighs the inevitable negative serving attention to trolling serves. This far it's been at bay, when it gets sabotaged, I'll get it locked to make a point. Then I think I'm going to create a micro-society within vgchartz and make some invites. I hope some people join.

I'm glad you didn't take that too seriously. Do what you think is best and hope you make a positive impact. 

I'll hold you to locking the thread if it gets out of control. Best of luck.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/forum-rules.php#content

Quality of Language.

Make an effort to type in full words and sentences. Put a space after punctuation and capitalise the start of sentences. You’re not writing a text message, and you are not in any hurry. It is very easy to tell the difference between a non-native speaker (who is more than welcome here) and somebody who is simply not making any effort to be coherent. You won’t be moderated for using text speak, but it certainly won’t endear you to other users. Similarly, use paragraphs and line breaks, because nobody wants to read an enormous wall of text.
_________

The above applies to your earlier post spurge.

Im posting from a phone. Have done for about a Year. I dont have many spelling problems... Just take your time posting

I don't think my honest opinion on the matter is gonna be very pleasant nor will be liked by many. I honestly have given up on the whole situation.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
I don't think my honest opinion on the matter is gonna be very pleasant nor will be liked by many. I honestly have given up on the whole situation.

Youre on a forum. This thread is pretty much perfect for airing(sp?) whats bugging you.

Dont name names, dont be insulting... Let your opinion be known!

Both the Wii U and the Vita have seen a ton of troll threads made recently, I know that. You'll see a positive sounding headline, click on it, and it's a known hater of that product using carefully tailored goal posts to create a negative sounding conclusion. It's annoying and somewhat pitiful but what can you do?

Soleron said:

Everyone has a strong opinion. They aren't going to change this just because of data or argument, because to do that would be giving up their world view. Thus rational argument is treated as personal attack, things get emotional, and the only posts that then get responded to are the troll ones.

The solution is 'Nazi' moderation. Zero tolerance, all trolling or personal attacks or off-topic posts receive short bans without warning. It works on the pro video game site Team Liquid, which manages constructive discussion despite a high user count.

You should check out my thread derailment in http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=151238&page=1   I didn't expect it to get that bad and I am now trying to contain myself to the Official Nintendo News thread.  I don't try to derail threads but sometimes it just happens.  I've been trying to focus on staying on topic.  However, if it isn't too far off topic then I see no harm if a decent conversation is taking place.