By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Vita has outlasted the 3ds

yeah happy maybe you shouldn't take evrything that's said as if they're talking about you.

@play4fun
there's a difference between acknowledging and being aggressive. I can acknowledge what is given but i don't tolerate condescension.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
yeah happy maybe you shouldn't take evrything that's said as if they're talking about you.

@play4fun
there's a difference between acknowledging and being aggressive. I can acknowledge what is given but i don't tolerate condescension.

Yes, but you realize that I'm a Nintendo fan and that you generalized, right? It's incorrect.

The Vita has the hardware and it has the games to justify the price it currently has. Sony doesn't have the money for major advertising.

If there was a marketing campaign it would be doing much better than it is right now. But I would also like to point out that this thread was created to compare the 3DS to the Vita at the $250 price point. Wasn't saying anything about either system being bad or the future being grim.

I'm sure the Vita is profitable for Sony and that is the focus for the entire company right now.

i actually didn't say all ninty fans so slow your role.
I said ninty fans are doing x, like someone can say palestinians are rioting, orteens are getting pregnant at x school.

Play4Fun said:
VGKing said:
happydolphin said:
BasilZero said:

They are having losses with the Vita, didnt deny that which is probably why  - no scratch that, it IS the reason why they are ripping people off with the Vita memory card prices.

P.S. I dont know, I still find the "Ambassador" program to be a bit of a joke, a few GBA games was it? Not even NDS games >_>?

The Ambassador program was a non-mandatory "thank you" to those who bought the system at a higher price. I people bought it at that price, they deemed the system worthy of that price. Well, consumers vote with their pockets so not everyone agreed.

If they wanted to do that, they would need a very solid launch, much closer to the U's launch than to the 3DS', in terms of launch window software.

If you want a console selling at a high price, it can't have no games early on like the 3DS did. Even the vita was limited in software, but at least it had Uncharted.

It's not that they deemed the 3DS worth of the $250 price tag, they just didn't expect it to drop so quickly.
This is why people need to do their research and why tech specs do matter. Anyone who knew anything about  tech specs would tell you that $250 was way too much for a 3DS at the time. The $250 Vita announcement at E3 should have been proof enough.

So long story short, those people are lucky there was an ambassador program at all...

So the reason 3DS wasn't selling like it should have is because of tech?

Vita seems to have the tech, why is it selling so badly?

Tech had nothing to do with 3DS' early struggles.

If the 3DS had the Vita tech on top of the games its currently getting, it would have flown off the shelves at $250. It would be a steal. 

Vita has the tech, but it doesn't have the 3rd party support(which is what sells Sony consoles).

Tech alone didn't affect the 3DS sales. it was a combination of bad press about the 3D feature, consumer confusion with the DS...etc.

Around the Network
Play4Fun said:
VGKing said:
Sony's strategy is to make people see the value in the Vita. They are trying to convince people it is worth the $250.

Nintendo is the completely opposite. Consumers don't think 3DS is worth $250......agree with them and drop the price. That's devaluing your own products.

Apple gets away with selling millions and millions $600 iPads EVERY YEAR. Think about that.

I love it when people compare the sales of iphones or ipads to consoles.

Also, if Sony had breathing room to drop the Vita's price, they would do so in a heartbeat. Don't fool yourself.

Yeah I agree. Sony isn't in a position to take major losses. I know that. Dont' put words in my mouth.
That's why they HAVE to convince people to get a Vita for $250, they really have no choice.

Also, why wouldn't we compare sales of Ipads to a Vita or 3DS? Both are portable entertainment devices. I know I would have bought a Vita DAY 1 if it could have replaced my laptop.

theprof00 said:
Kynes said:
theprof00 said:
@kynes
regarding the time period.
Vita would have done considerably better were
a) the console ACTUALLY 250$
b) 3ds not dropped in price, causing potential purchasers to be diverted
c) monster hunter been announced as expected

lots of unforeseen events happened along the way, don't fault people for circumstances eveolving suddenly.im

As I said, every dark cloud has a silver lining. You can find whatever excuses you want but Vita is selling less than half what Sony predicted not so long ago, they had to make temporal price cuts in Europe and huge sales during Black Friday, and they still sell less than the DS worldwide, a console that sells nothing in Japan and most parts of Europe. If you want to believe that the Vita will sell tons of hardware when Sony sells it at the $199 price point, it's up to you, but the Vita is in a much much worse place than the PSP was during its first year.

im not making excuses, im lookng to predict future sales and analze the data. I could say the opposite for you kynes(dark lining) and all but im not so insecure to argue with you. You don't even do predictions of any kind.

Sony originally said that they would sell 16 million Vita's by March 31, 2013, then they cut that estimate to 12 Million, and then again to 10 million. kynes is saying that they will be lucky to sell 5 million by that date...wouldn't that be a prediction?

Stop hating and start playing.

Izo said:
Very good points. Can't wait to see what a 170 vita can do versus a 170 3DS.

lol Nintendo will only again piss their pants and drop the price to $88

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

Although am a Nintendo fan I want the Vita sales to rise up so the competition forces Nintendo to make great games :)

Pachofilauri said:
Although am a Nintendo fan I want the Vita sales to rise up so the competition forces Nintendo to make great games :)

Nintendo will always make great games. Another handheld selling less than the Dreamcast did is not competition and the great games are still cumming.