By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Vita has outlasted the 3ds

Izo said:
Very good points. Can't wait to see what a 170 vita can do versus a 170 3DS.

Absolutely NOTHING!

..way too late now

Around the Network

i'm sorry but the ONLY reason an official price drop hasn't happened is because Sony can't afford to do it atm, otherwise they would have.

Nice way to spin something bad into a postive though.

KylieDog said:
smbu2000 said:
BasilZero said:

They are having losses with the Vita, didnt deny that which is probably why  - no scratch that, it IS the reason why they are ripping people off with the Vita memory card prices.

P.S. I dont know, I still find the "Ambassador" program to be a bit of a joke, a few GBA games was it? Not even NDS games >_>?

Actually, the ambassador program is quite nice. Nintendo didn't have to do anything for the early buyers, but it was a nice gesture. I picked up my 3ds at launch (25,000 yen) and I was happy with it, do the free games were a nice bonus I wasn't expecting. 10 NES games and 10 GBA games are nice especially if you are into retro games (like I am.)

This thread just sounds like damage control. 

1.) The ambassador games were an insult,

2.) the NES games wither either utter crap, outdated horribly or been milked to death by Nintendo for the last 25 years.  

3.)The GBA games for the most part were never good,

4.) a few were SNES ports to GBA ports,

5.) one was Mario Kart when MK7 was a fresh release. 

6.) Metroid and Zelda were the only worthwhile games of the 20,

7.) and they certainly do not make up for the £80 price difference.

8.) To top it off, since Nintendo announced the price cut and program too early stores were forced to lower price early, so plenty of people not only got the 3DS for £80 cheaper but they got all the ambassador games too.

I happen to be an Ambassador and agree and disagree (or land in the middle) with some of your points. Since pretty much all of your points are subjective.

I numbered your points above and my responses below with the same number.

1.) Disagree: as a total Nintendo homo, I would have paid anything for the 3DS so the Ambassador games were icing on the cake of being one of the first with the best selling handheld in the world.

2.) "Milked to death" appears to be the least negative spin you apply to any of the games; and consider Point #1, I'm sure you're able to see that a lot of us Ambassadors were very happy with the NES offerings.

3.) I'm not sure about that because I never played them at the time (never owned GBA) and I haven't gone back to look up past reviews.

4.) No comment as I was not aware of that.

5.) I think that's okay though, isn't it? Can never get enough Mario Kart! And having never played that particular version, I am happy to own it in this context.

6.) Disagree: They're my least favorite.

7.) Again, Point #1 comes into play here. But you are correct in that those two games alone do not make up for the $80 price difference (I can't make that cool little "L" symbol with the curly-cue on top and the line through it).

8.) That's okay. I haven't heard any other Ambassadors complaining about that.

======

Thanks for the honesty in your post and I hope to engage in further dialog with you either on this subject or any other subject in the future. :^)

BasilZero said:
NightDragon83 said:
So it took the Vita double the time the 3DS was out pre-price drop to outsell it pre-price drop, and that's supposed to be a success?

Meanwhile, post price-drop the 3DS is wiping the floor with the Vita. No matter how you try to twist and turn it, things aren't looking all that good for the Vita. Not even being bundled with two of its biggest games of the holidays could help it.

He's not calling it a success...he's saying it survived the panic price cut method. Even if the OP isnt but has a ulterior motive, it brings up a good point regardless how you look at it lawl.

The only reason it survived the panic price cut method (which is exactly what Nintendo did to ignite 3DS sales after a sputtering start) is because Sony was already way too deep in the hole to even consider doing that.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

pezus said:
happydolphin said:
pezus said:

No, it just needed a huge price cut a few months after release.

Because Nintendo has higher sales expectations (clarified by edit) and more options.

Yes, and shouldn't we adjust our expectations too since Sony and Nintendo's expectations are not the same?

So expectations must be..

Nintendo - We want to dominate the handheld market and sell millions of units

Sony - We didnt want to sell that many anyway..

wow you are right Pezus! Sony is definitely achieving their goals!

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
@aj habfan
Sony will be running gaikai, and with vita/ps3 linked accounts you'll likely be able to stream ps4 games through the vita.

No way any Sony management will agree to that. They need to get people buying PS4s and that takes exclusive-to-next-gen games. If Gaikai is to be used it makes more sense for backwards compatibility.

Ive been reading a lot of posts saying this thread doesnt make any sense.. of course it does.. just apply this 

[ SONY make.believe ]

lol so much hate for sony from ninty fans. funny how many sony fans like myself actually are lifelong ninty fans (except for early wii).

Does anyone here realize that you're just posting to say vita is in a dire strait?
How about this question, would there be a thread about a similar topic if vita had to pricecut before selling 3.2?
Yes, yes there would. So be happy that there is a little competition still alive, that is, if you can handle vita surviving, which seems to bother a great many people.

As I was saying, and to address those "quoting" me on saying this is a great success, please show me where I'm actually quoted as saying it. If not, feel free to reread the OP and come to terms with the fact that all I'm saying is that vita was able to hold out. Stop making accusations like "oh they would have dropped the price" etc etc.
To those who are calling exerpts by some sony fans, I would thank you to keep an open mind and call out the nintendo fans who are doing the same. Thanks

theprof00 said:
lol so much hate for sony from ninty fans. funny how many sony fans like myself actually are lifelong ninty fans (except for early wii).

Does anyone here realize that you're just posting to say vita is in a dire strait?
How about this question, would there be a thread about a similar topic if vita had to pricecut before selling 3.2?
Yes, yes there would. So be happy that there is a little competition still alive, that is, if you can handle vita surviving, which seems to bother a great many people.

As I was saying, and to address those "quoting" me on saying this is a great success, please show me where I'm actually quoted as saying it. If not, feel free to reread the OP and come to terms with the fact that all I'm saying is that vita was able to hold out. Stop making accusations like "oh they would have dropped the price" etc etc.
To those who are calling exerpts by some sony fans, I would thank you to keep an open mind and call out the nintendo fans who are doing the same. Thanks

This is fanboyism. So Sony fans are keeping an open mind and Nintendo fans are haters, is that what you're saying?
I personally tried to participate in your thread, ask questions. Reading a post like this is very aggravating because you never know who it's intended to.

Mind showing a bit of respect and actually quoting posters you disagree with, and actually taking the time to argue their points? Thanks.

theprof00 said:

Disagreeing with you doesn't automatically make someone a hater.  People use that word so much they don't even seem to know what it means anymore.

And recognising Vita's struggles doesn't make you a 'ninty fan' or a 'Sony hater'.