By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Vita has outlasted the 3ds

Due to the holiday season, the Vita is starting to sell better at my store (most of the bundles have sold out). But so has all of the systems. So it isn't really a good point on its own.

However, it seems the Vita is becoming a talking point with potential buyers. But again, it's the holiday season. So people are more willing to spend money on a gaming system.

Around the Network

It always baffles me when failure is praised. Pre-vita release, didn't jack tretton anticipate 3-5 million by the end of February or march? But it did 500k and he came out with 'right on target' thumbs-up.

Billjw said:
It always baffles me when failure is praised. Pre-vita release, didn't jack tretton anticipate 3-5 million by the end of February or march? But it did 500k and he came out with 'right on target' thumbs-up.

maybe because its not a failure yet, and no one is really praising it they are showing the other side of the coin instead of all doom and gloom, unless only thing people can show on here is the doom and gloom, when its not a fact yet. 

An

By the CEO words its not all gloom n doom could he be lieing or not telling the truth? sure he could, that does not mean he is telling the truth or is telling a Lie. but if he is not telling the truth in this, than he would be in big trouble:

example:

Today the Sony Group comprises three main businesses: electronics,

entertainment and financial services. Entertainment and financial services have stable

business foundations and both are poised for future growth. In contrast, the

operating environment for our electronics business* remains harsh, with profits

suffering from price competition resulting from product commoditization and the

impact of persistently worsening foreign exchange rates. Accordingly, rebuilding the

electronics business and repositioning it for growth are the most urgent tasks for the

Sony Group, and my biggest responsibility.

http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/financial/ar/2012/common/docs/EAR.pdf

Currently the Entertainment and Financial are stable business foundation's  their electronic's are not. that is the whole point right? to make sure that its a sound business responsibility?.

"Sony intends to generate steady profits across three hardware platforms, which provide

users with exhilarating entertainment experiences. They comprise PlayStation®3,

PlayStation®Vita—launched in late 2011—and PSP® (PlayStation®Portable), which

continues to enjoy momentum in emerging markets. Sony is also bolstering its growing

network services business, and plans to increase sales of downloadable game

titles and subscription services. In addition, Sony plans to reach new customers in the

smartphone and portable devices markets by expanding the lineup of PlayStation®-

certified devices as well as the choice of content available, thereby enhancing

profitability."

he is doing exactly what he said he was going to do in this PDF 

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

This quarter os going to look really rosy for sony.
In the last wrek alone euro exchange rates have gone up a huge amount.

Sales are still pretty bad for the PSVita. Their slight price cut and bundle helped to sell more units. Not the same jump the 3DS had though. Of course the 3DS has a larger price cut and sales immediately ballooned after that. The PSVita still have a long way to go. Once they get the system under $200 bundled and lower the price on those memory cards, they will see a much larger sales rate. That's basically all I'm waiting for along with some better games.

'gaming till I'm gone'

Around the Network

If I had to choose a portable console, it'd be the Vita. I think many agree with me - they're just waiting for it to get a wee bit cheaper.