By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Vita has outlasted the 3ds

@kynes
I said from ww release dates. Hence 5 vs 9.
if you choose to use from first release it's 6 vs 11.
Not really a big difference

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
@kynes
I said from ww release dates. Hence 5 vs 9.
if you choose to use from first release it's 6 vs 11.
Not really a big difference

Please answer my question. Do you think it would be something good or something bad if Sony keeps the mrsp during two or three years more.

@kynes
first of all thank you for asking questions and not making accusations like happy. I remember my promise to you and I'm happy i have this opportunity to exercise it with a rational person.

Sony cannot keep msrp for much longer. I said at one point in this thread that I had believed a price drop was incoming, so I checked to see at what point sales wise 3ds had its price dropped because it might be a good metric. I believe a price drop will happen ww early winter, maybe feb or early march, and if not, then april first and depending on how this upcoming software lineup plays out, could even be delayed until july. I say this out of respect for quarterly concerns. sony wants as much black ink on the financial report as possible and a price cut pre march will post red. So, if possible, they will delay until right after march fy is over, but if it can maintain sales will try for another quarter.

The alternative is that they continue at 250 at include the first party tearaway or soul sacrifice or some manner of ps+ bonus. I don't see them price dropping until march.

sorry kynes you editted that post to include the question, did you not?

picking up a Vita just after xmas, there a great little system, wont take long until the sales take off and with all talk of the PS4 compatibility and cross play im very keen too see what they can do

Check out my Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePSXcollector

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
sorry kynes you editted that post to include the question, did you not?

Yup, I did it.

theprof00 said:
@kynes
first of all thank you for asking questions and not making accusations like happy. I remember my promise to you and I'm happy i have this opportunity to exercise it with a rational person.

Sony cannot keep msrp for much longer. I said at one point in this thread that I had believed a price drop was incoming, so I checked to see at what point sales wise 3ds had its price dropped because it might be a good metric. I believe a price drop will happen ww early winter, maybe feb or early march, and if not, then april first and depending on how this upcoming software lineup plays out, could even be delayed until july. I say this out of respect for quarterly concerns. sony wants as much black ink on the financial report as possible and a price cut pre march will post red. So, if possible, they will delay until right after march fy is over, but if it can maintain sales will try for another quarter.

The alternative is that they continue at 250 at include the first party tearaway or soul sacrifice or some manner of ps+ bonus. I don't see them price dropping until march.

The problem we have here is that you have set the strictest possible rules in your thread so only your conclusion is acceptable. When your product is selling horrible, inaction isn't something good, here it is something dictated by Sony economical circumstances. Remember all the Sony is in a bad financial position threads, as some of Sony fans said that while it didn't affect them, it doesn't matter? Well, it seems it is affecting the viability of Vita as a successful product.

I'm sure Hirai would have loved to cut the price if they could, to improve sales and win market and mind share, as they did with the PS3. Not doing it here isn't something good, it's the only thing they could do.

PS: In an hypothetical world where Sony hadn't said they were going to do a price cut in 2013, keeping the Vita mrsp at $250 during two more years, it's something good or bad?

except your strategy is a little alarmist kynes. Remember that i said "depending on how sales play out".
If sakes remain poor and inconsistent we will see an earlier drop. Yet, Sony has enough reason to not drop on 'slightly bad' sales in order to make their fy look as rosy as possible, which i think is a lot more important than fulfilking a pledge to meet 5m by mar 31.
And yes, he would love to cut price, especially because thos memory cards are the real breadwinner.

Someone make thread on the vita like this one
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=151438&page=1

Or should i make it??? I could but im not as knowledgeable as i am with 3DS!
I'll make one though just to see how people react in a year's time?

A couple of you should be working for Sony's marketing department. You are amazing at spinning.