By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Vita has outlasted the 3ds

Vinniegambini said:
joeorc said:

Investors have no say in the matter. Orelse investors would have already demanded Sony to stop its money lossing business in T.V.'s

Sony already cut the price and it will be not temporary as if it does, it will lose market share and momentum. Market share is very important as Sony loses money with the hardware and needs a larger install base as one it achieves that, a higher number of people will buy software which is profitable.

"Sony loses money with the hardware "

do they now? in every market? I saw both Scott Rodhe and Kaz talk about this , and  Scott

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3...on-vita/715473 

states its going to be @ profit now kaz may have been talking about other markets, the point being is Market share at this point is a lesser concern when Mobile is the main market for mobile Gaming. Sony must think so they spent over 1.4 billion on owning Sony ericsson and investing in playstation Mobile. think of it this way, if Nintendo see's the WIIU GAME TOUCH PAD CONTROLLER, MICROSOFT SEE'S SURFACE AND WINDOWS PHONE GOOGLE WITH Android, Apple with iOS do you really see Sony ignoring the PSVita to the PS3 or PS4?

price cuts and market stratagy are just as important on how you proceed with your product in the market.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
theprof00 said:
Kowen what are you talking about, what's the lie?
Seriously love people that just say things as if they're fact. Probably some of the best users on this site.

Its tantamount to lies.  You are picking facts to suit your argument and hoping nobody notices. 

The only facts that matter are the sales of both over a period compared side by side and over the same time frames.

The 3DS was always tracking ahead of the Vita, whatever the price point.

The reaction Sony had with the PS3 price points proves that this isnt "outlasting", it's Hobsons Choice for Sony up until now.

1. A metric that you propose that goes against the metric I'm using. You call my metric misleading. I say your metric is for another thread. This is specifically from one point of view in which Vita was able to sell past a certain number of consoles before a price drop. This is also not to imply that Nintendo could not, but rather that the Vita is still capable of selling consoles at a pretty good clip. Your problem with this thread is that you want to judge things based on a metric that is 'off-topic'.

2. I've never said it wasn't, nor implied that Vita would outsell it on the same timeframe. I've made it readily apparent that Nintendo was selling still much better pre-price cut. Again, you are looking at the OP from a single perspective.

3. That's not countering anything I've said. I've readily admitted that Sony would love to drop the price.

Where are the lies Kowen? More baseless accusations? More baiting and flaming?

tbone51 said:

joeorc said:

tbone51 said:
@joeorc

Damn those Smart devices!!!! Remember the good old days GB and GBA!!! True Power for Nintendo!!!

that's very true, its no longer just about Dedicated Game handhelds anymore in this part of the market, the fact the smartphone disruptive effect on the dedicated PDA it was only a matter of Time until it was going to effect Handheld Game systems. and its having the effect now.

Funny thing some years back Iwata (president of Nintendo) said smart devices,etc will cut into the market share and people laughed at him!!! Look at now DS did so well but damn tablets and phones everywhere!!! You csnt compare 3DS to them, but at least Vita and 3DS are true to gaming! I never want handhelds to go! Beside Smart Devices cant take away pokemon and mario!!!!

He knew it was the direction, pretty much they all knew they most likely never expected to get here this fast..LMAO but yea the Handhelds will not be going away but they will have a challenge for not just your $$$ but your time of use.

I think in the near future that all three are going to put iP's you would not think they would put on smartphones or tablets, but the market for their dedicated handhelds will be part of the living room console as the bridge device, that will make sure the exclusives are directly tied with their dedicated game handheld but they can still provide other devices game quality that they may on the go enjoy Both Sony and Microsoft have branched out, i imagine Nintendo will soon enough branch out in their investment their new Nintendo Magazine is digital download already.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

theprof00 said:

Blanket accusation with blanket facts.

Gimme them straight. Or can you not?

He already gave them to you, you didn't read them.

Aligning the launches, there is no case of Vita sales greater than 3DS sales cummulatively pre pricecut.

It's not rocket science. Define your periods, define your terms and it all falls into place. No need to beat around the bush.

Mods can we close this thread?

The Vita vs the 3DS is a never ending debate and it has gotten outta hand.

Around the Network

happy , no he has not. He's saying that i have defined the sales according to a timeframe that i have not submitted. I have not said ajywhere in the thread that along the same timeline vita has done better.
Even in the f***** op i said 9 months to five months. Simply amazing how you can ask me to define my timeframe when it is right there as plain as day. New lows.

I'm not beating around the bush! Stop insisting that my point is not my point.

theprof00 said:
happy , no he has not. He's saying that i have defined the sales according to a timeframe that i have not submitted. I have not said ajywhere in the thread that alongbthe samw timeline vita has done better.
Even in the f***** op i said 9 months to five months. Simply amazing how you can ask me to define my timeframe when it is right there as plain as day. New lows.

Please explain the 3.5m Vita > 3.2m 3DS. What is your framework, how did you cummulate the numbers?

Is it 9 months or 5 months? How is it both?

happydolphin said:
theprof00 said:
happy , no he has not. He's saying that i have defined the sales according to a timeframe that i have not submitted. I have not said ajywhere in the thread that alongbthe samw timeline vita has done better.

Please explain the 3.5m Vita > 3.2m 3DS. What is your framework, how did you cummulate the numbers?

Is it 9 months or 5 months? How is it both?

He's comparing vita sales during 12 months (Japan launch) to 3DS sales during 5 months to try to make things look shinier than they look, and trying to say that it is a positive thing that Sony has kept the mrsp even with the horrible sales. I think he's saying us that it's something good if Sony outlasts Nintendo during three or four years more without a price cut, right?

omfg happy read the op.
This week marks 9.5 months for vita with 3.5m sales and two weeks ago at 9 months marks 3.2m in sales using numbers from ww release only.
3ds took 5 months to sell 3.2m from a ww release date.
This was the month that nintendo cut the price.
It's right in the goddamn OP.

theprof00 said:
omfg happy read the op.
This week marks 9.5 months for vita with 3.5m sales and two weeks ago at 9 months marks 3.2m in sales using numbers from ww release only.
3ds took 5 months to sell 3.2m from a ww release date.
This was the month that nintendo cut the price.
It's right in the goddamn OP.

Do you remember that Vita was sold in Japan since december 2011

Just out of curiosity, do you think it's something good or bad if Sony keeps the mrsp during two or three years more?