By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Vita has outlasted the 3ds

@joeorc

Damn those Smart devices!!!! Remember the good old days GB and GBA!!! True Power for Nintendo!!!

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
joeorc said:
Kynes said:
So Sony outprices themselves with the hardware, and it's something good that they can't cut the mrsp? I just can't understand that way of thinking. It can't be good that, selling less than 50% of what they intended to sell during the first year, they can't do anything regarding the mrsp to improve sales. Some of you try too hard to fool yourselves.

"So Sony outprices themselves with the hardware, and it's something good that they can't cut the mrsp?"

just like the PS3 right?

business plan is what you have when you set up the product, and you pretty much go by that until you have to change it or its too late to do so, do you think Sony could account for Nintendo dropping the price of the Nintendo 3DS down to $169.99 4 months before the PSVita was to release?

i mean really? a Quad core A9 device, with the very same Quad core  GPU that is in the iPad 2 with enhancements with a dedicated 128 MB of ram for the GPu vs outdated Arm 11 with 6 MB of Dedicated GPU ram that is in the 3DS yea, its the exact same thing.

TO expect that is in my opinion quite unreasonable.

Your memory fails you.

"just like PS3"

The PS3 had a 20% price cut quite quickly. 

Launched Nov 2006, price cut June 2007.  7 months.

The Vita has been out for 12 months in Japan and 10 months elsewhere.

IMO the curent Vita "temporary" prices arent temporary. 

NO it does not fail me, Sony is not going to cut the Price of the PSVita at this time because why would any company that spent the investment in their right mind, would cut the price on hardware to compete in a cost cutting measure to increase sales in a market that A: the system they would compete with is vastly cheaper to cut cost in than their system, and 2 when they have invested into the chipsets that are right now at a premium price vs Arm 11. its just freaking common sense. Market share be d@mned there is no way the investors would stand for that, since the hardware in the PSVita warrants a much higher price than the Nintendo 3DS.

Market share is one thing, competeing with a product that can be cut because of production cost's are much lower is not being very reasonable to be expected when Nintendo is seen as a more viavle product in this market over Sony's product's.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

joeorc said:

NO it does not fail me, Sony is not going to cut the Price of the PSVita at this time because why would any company that spent the investment in their right mind, would cut the price on hardware to compete in a cost cutting measure to increase sales in a market that A: the system they would compete with is vastly cheaper to cut cost in than their system, and 2 when they have invested into the chipsets that are right now at a premium price vs Arm 11. its just freaking common sense. Market share be d@mned there is no way the investors would stand for that, since the hardware in the PSVita warrants a much higher price than the Nintendo 3DS.

Market share is one thing, competeing with a product that can be cut because of production cost's are much lower is not being very reasonable to be expected when Nintendo is seen as a more viavle product in this market over Sony's product's.

The 3DS pricecut led to loss-leading.

tbone51 said:
@joeorc

Damn those Smart devices!!!! Remember the good old days GB and GBA!!! True Power for Nintendo!!!

that's very true, its no longer just about Dedicated Game handhelds anymore in this part of the market, the fact the smartphone disruptive effect on the dedicated PDA it was only a matter of Time until it was going to effect Handheld Game systems. and its having the effect now.

I AM BOLO

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

kowenicki said:
theprof00 said:
Kowen what are you talking about, what's the lie?
Seriously love people that just say things as if they're fact. Probably some of the best users on this site.

Its tantamount to lies.  You are picking facts to suit your argument and hoping nobody notices. 

The only facts that matter are the sales of both over a period compared side by side and over the same time frames.

The 3DS was always tracking ahead of the Vita, whatever the price point.

The reaction Sony had with the PS3 price points proves that this isnt "outlasting", it's Hobsons Choice for Sony up until now.

No, I want examples. 'Tantamount' is a blanket.

What are the lie? Here's the format for you:

Around the Network
joeorc said:
kowenicki said:
joeorc said:
Kynes said:
So Sony outprices themselves with the hardware, and it's something good that they can't cut the mrsp? I just can't understand that way of thinking. It can't be good that, selling less than 50% of what they intended to sell during the first year, they can't do anything regarding the mrsp to improve sales. Some of you try too hard to fool yourselves.

"So Sony outprices themselves with the hardware, and it's something good that they can't cut the mrsp?"

just like the PS3 right?

business plan is what you have when you set up the product, and you pretty much go by that until you have to change it or its too late to do so, do you think Sony could account for Nintendo dropping the price of the Nintendo 3DS down to $169.99 4 months before the PSVita was to release?

i mean really? a Quad core A9 device, with the very same Quad core  GPU that is in the iPad 2 with enhancements with a dedicated 128 MB of ram for the GPu vs outdated Arm 11 with 6 MB of Dedicated GPU ram that is in the 3DS yea, its the exact same thing.

TO expect that is in my opinion quite unreasonable.

Your memory fails you.

"just like PS3"

The PS3 had a 20% price cut quite quickly. 

Launched Nov 2006, price cut June 2007.  7 months.

The Vita has been out for 12 months in Japan and 10 months elsewhere.

IMO the curent Vita "temporary" prices arent temporary. 

Investors have no say in the matter. Orelse investors would have already demanded Sony to stop its money lossing business in T.V.'s

Sony already cut the price and it will be not temporary as if it does, it will lose market share and momentum. Market share is very important as Sony loses money with the hardware and needs a larger install base as one it achieves that, a higher number of people will buy software which is profitable.

kowenicki said:
theprof00 said:
kowenicki said:
theprof00 said:
Kowen what are you talking about, what's the lie?
Seriously love people that just say things as if they're fact. Probably some of the best users on this site.

Its tantamount to lies.  You are picking facts to suit your argument and hoping nobody notices. 

The only facts that matter are the sales of both over a period compared side by side and over the same time frames.

The reaction Sony had with the PS3 price points proves that this isnt "outlasting", it's Hobsons Choice for Sony up until now.

No, I want examples. 'Tantamount' is a blanket.

What are the lie? Here's the format for you:

I've already illustrated it, I've already referred to it.  Some bed time reading for you.

nighty night.

Blanket accusation with blanket facts.

Gimme them straight. Or can you not?

kowenicki said

no that would be if the point of the PS3 would have been discontinued back in 2006 to 2009 like many here thought would have happened rather the cut come's now or later would it really matter, if support is not there anyway? All this Time on here the PS3 has been a Quote a failure because of the Money it lost. right?

You said it your self, it has been a failure for Sony for loosing all that monay, So because Sony is not cutting the Price right now on the PSVita its somehow yet another failure?

which is it?

I AM BOLO

ps:

thismeintiel said:
Immortal said:
Cherry-picking of useless statistics. Early large price cuts mean nothing for healthy sales. Case in point: PS2 was 2/3 of its $300 launch price exactly one year and seven months after its launch. Think that's bad? By one and a half years after its launch, the PS1 had dropped 50% in price. And neither of these systems had particularly bad sales at all at any point really, meaning that early price cuts do not mean that the system's situation is grim and, by extension, the absence of this in Vita's case is nothing to be thrilled about.

Lol, you think that price cuts that came after the PS1 and PS2 were out for over 1 1/2 years is early?  That's more in the line of standard.  Now, the 6 months after launch price cut that the 3DS had is call FUD.  Nintendo wasn't happy with the sales and knew the Vita was just around the corner, launching for the same price, and decided to drop the price.

My point was more that PS1/2 had similar/higher proportions of their launch price cut by the time they were as old as the 3DS currently is, but if it makes you feel any better, the PS1 had its first price cut to $199 from $299 within 8 months. That's not very different from the 3DS in time and was roughly the same amount as the 3DS's price cut. What's significant, though, is that in just 10 more months, it needed another price cut, as I mentioned, making it just half its original price. If early price cuts are any sign of desparation, then the PS1 is the king of it.

And yet, what do you know, the PS1 went on to become one of the most expansive consoles (in sales) ever, becoming the first to get to 100m.

Thus my point; early price cuts aren't necessarily a bad sign for the console's momentum.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

joeorc said:

tbone51 said:
@joeorc

that's very true, its no longer just about Dedicated Game handhelds anymore in this part of the market, the fact the smartphone disruptive effect on the dedicated PDA it was only a matter of Time until it was going to effect Handheld Game systems. and its having the effect now.

Funny thing some years back Iwata (president of Nintendo) said smart devices,etc will cut into the market share and people laughed at him!!! Look at now DS did so well but damn tablets and phones everywhere!!! You csnt compare 3DS to them, but at least Vita and 3DS are true to gaming! I never want handhelds to go! Beside Smart Devices cant take away pokemon and mario!!!!