By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Elementary School Shooting Leaves 27 Dead(20 children)(Shooter son of teacher)

horrible news. Heart goes out to the family's and friends.

as far as the gun problem. Most gun owners are not violent people at all and guns shouldnt be banned (well maybe automatic rifles/high powered rifles).

the problem is how easy it is for someone who is mentally ill to get there hands on a weapon and ammo when there is guns every where for purchase for anyone of anykind of gun.

There should be more harder restrictions involved in owning a fire arm. Make it harder to get a hold of one in all means for a better cause such as proper interviews,back ground check stronger tests and so forth.

its a very tough subject to debate. But somthing needs to be done. Mental illness is a on a huge rise and the easy acsess of weapons doesnt help.

WII U // PC // 3ds XL // VITA

Around the Network
arcane_chaos said:
watching the news right now! this is in my state...my prayers go all the families affected

what sick motherfucker goes to an elementary school and shoots children!!!

Exactly. Only someone who lacks anything resembling normal emotional and psychological functioning could do this sort of thing (and I don't just mean this guy, on this occasion).

Tragic, my prayers are with the families of the victims.

Killed his mother and father too. I shouldn't speculate but I suspect in cases where the parents are a primary target there's some from of abuse that's happened at home.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Marks said:

Speeding kills 13,000-14,000 people annually...so should cars that go over the speed limit be banned? I mean damn they're four wheeled death machines!

Stupid idea right? But you get the point, there are good drivers and there are bad drivers. Just like there are safe, responsible, well trained gun owners and there are crazy assholes like this guy. Don't blame the car or the gun, blame the person behind the wheel/trigger. 

Plus if we get rid of every gun in the world, do you suddenly think there would be world peace? Hmm well I don't remember world peace in the 1500's...I think they killed each other with swords and arrows...

Come on dude, guns don't kill people, people kill people.

There are driving tests aren't there? If thousands of people died in car accidents because there was no such thing as a driving test and any idiot could get behind the wheel, then I'm sure something would be done about it. Don't immediately assume people want guns to be outlawed completely, some people may just want tighter restrictions.

brendude13 said:

Marks said:

Speeding kills 13,000-14,000 people annually...so should cars that go over the speed limit be banned? I mean damn they're four wheeled death machines!

Stupid idea right? But you get the point, there are good drivers and there are bad drivers. Just like there are safe, responsible, well trained gun owners and there are crazy assholes like this guy. Don't blame the car or the gun, blame the person behind the wheel/trigger. 

Plus if we get rid of every gun in the world, do you suddenly think there would be world peace? Hmm well I don't remember world peace in the 1500's...I think they killed each other with swords and arrows...

There are driving tests aren't there? If thousands of people died in car accidents because there was no such thing as a driving test and any idiot could get behind the wheel, then I'm sure something would be done about it. Don't immediately assume people want guns to be outlawed completely, some people may just want tighter restrictions.

driving tests dont look for mental stability. Instead of shooted 28 people someone with a car will run over a couple dozen in while schools are getting out.

Sal.Paradise said:
sperrico87 said:
Sal.Paradise said:
Genuinely don't want my kids growing up in that country. Fuck guns and fuck this guy.

There are many countries that ban guns and there are still school shootings.  Banning guns won't do what you think it will.

*looks at list of school shootings in England*

*looks at list of school shootings in America*

I'm fine thanks. 

You can ban all the guns you want... there will still be school shootings and other terrible things.  By definition, criminals don't abide by laws.  All you do is unarm law-abiding citizens.

Around the Network
Cirio said:
killerzX said:

. Also, if the 11 thousand death toll from firearms can be reduced via greater restrictions, then what's the problem with it? In the case of this shooting, NO ONE needs 4 firearms. That in itself is a problem, and a major one as it has been evidenced after today's incident.

no one needs a big house. no one needs a fast car. no one needs a lot of money. who are you to say no one needs four firearms. i have 5. and i need them all. My Glock 19, to carry around for protection. My Ruger 10-22 for cheap plinking. My Ak-47 for fun and hunting. My scar 17 for big game hunting, and my shotgun for trap and skeet. having 4 firearms or 1 doesnt making someone a killer or any more deadly. you can only use one at once. and the guy used a pistol. not even his big scar black high powered assualt  rifle, with high capicity clip, and cop killing rounds.

Also, in response to that stupid comment about baseball bats in this graph, would 20 children today have died if that guy had a baseball bat? Hell, even a knife? The answer is obviously no. Firearm homicide after these 4 incidents has become a significant problem, there's no way one can spin it.

the same day 22 or so people in a chinese school were attacked with a knife. and just a few day before that another man in china killed 9 and injured 4 others in a knife attack. i see no reason why the guy couldnt have killed dozens of small defenseless children with a knife of some sort. really kindergardeners wouldnt be hard to kill, especially with no one there to defend them. (firearms) Homocides have been droping every year. we a at 40 year lows in crime. these murder sprees are almost exclusively happening in "gun free zones" i dont think for a second that its a coincidence. its been proven over and over again, that places in the US with stricter gun control have higher or increased crime rates, and places where the relax the gun law crime drops.

yum123 said:
Marks said:
yum123 said:
killerzX said:

wow this is sad. my heart and prayers go out to these people. this kind of people just make me so freakin mad. i hate this.

yet another shooting happens in a gun free zone. how many of these shootings have to happen before people realize how unsafe these gun free zones are.

if just the school had an armed gaurd/teacher/faculty member, they may have been able to stop this senseless tragedy.

youve got to be kidding me. this is part the reason things like this happen predominantly in america. Guns are so embedded in your culture that they lead to things like this. Guns should be banned completely. if law abiders were armed there would probably be more dead from bullets flying everywhere. only an american would have that response

you are clearly missing the point. Look from outside your little box. you need to compare to other countries. Other western countries such as most of europe australia new zealand etc do not have guns in their culture and have far less gun deaths and gun crime.

you should look at the history of theose countries too, even before the banned or heavily restricted guns, the already had lower crime rates than the US. and crime actually went up when they did ban guns.

Psychiatric tests for gun licenses should be much more accurate, and there should also be stricter controls on the diligence with which authorized owners keep their weapons.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Bruxel said:
horrible news. Heart goes out to the family's and friends.

as far as the gun problem. Most gun owners are not violent people at all and guns shouldnt be banned (well maybe automatic rifles/high powered rifles).

the problem is how easy it is for someone who is mentally ill to get there hands on a weapon and ammo when there is guns every where for purchase for anyone of anykind of gun.

There should be more harder restrictions involved in owning a fire arm. Make it harder to get a hold of one in all means for a better cause such as proper interviews,back ground check stronger tests and so forth.

its a very tough subject to debate. But somthing needs to be done. Mental illness is a on a huge rise and the easy acsess of weapons doesnt help.

In this case, mental checks would have done nothing. He killed his mother and took her weapons.

The background checks already prevent people from owning guns if they have mental issues. In the case of Jared Loughner, the Sheriffs failed to flag him (which they should have), which allowed him to own a gun.

The restrictions are there. The issue is that they aren't enfroced. Additionally, do we know how the weapons were stored? For all we know, they were in a gun case.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Just horrible............

Check out my Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePSXcollector