By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Elementary School Shooting Leaves 27 Dead(20 children)(Shooter son of teacher)

killerzX said:

Guns don't kill as many people as tobacco and alcohol, so they must be okay.

This is just manipulation of stats to make a pretty picture. Someone could easily come up with 9 causes of death to compare to firearm homicides to make the latter seem like an epidemic.

I'm not ready for this. I can't talk about this. The people already coming out to defend their rights to own guns make me sick. As if to say, "If only those school children had been packing heat, this could have been prevented. Stupid gun-free school zones!"

Around the Network
the_dengle said:
killerzX said:

This is just manipulation of stats to make a pretty picture. Someone could easily come up with 9 causes of death to compare to firearm homicides to make the latter seem like an epidemic.

I'm not ready for this. I can't talk about this. The people already coming out to defend their rights to own guns make me sick. As if to say, "If only those school children had been packing heat, this could have been prevented. Stupid gun-free school zones!"

i dont see anybody advoacting the children packed heat. though i did suggest the teachers be allowed to protect themselves.

and my comment on gun free zones was to show how dangerous they are. and if you read my comments the very first thing a wrote was about how we need to pray for the victims and their families.

its the gun control crowd, that the very first thing that comes to their mind is ban guns.

killerzX said:
the_dengle said:
killerzX said:

i dont see anybody advoacting the children packed heat. though i did suggest the teachers be allowed to protect themselves.

and my comment on gun free zones was to show how dangerous they are. and if you read my comments the very first thing a wrote was about how we need to pray for the victims and their families.

its the gun control crowd, that the very first thing that comes to their mind is ban guns.

I just want things like this to stop happening, or to happen as infrequently as realistically possible. Whatever has to be done to accomplish that, I can get behind. It happens that I personally believe the appropriate course of action is less guns and stronger restrictions on ownership. I don't need guns to be entirely banned. But when I hear that the shooter got all four of his guns from his mother the kindergarten teacher, who bought them legally, I know something's wrong. What does a kindergarten teacher need four guns for? Isn't one enough?

yum123 said:
killerzX said:

wow this is sad. my heart and prayers go out to these people. this kind of people just make me so freakin mad. i hate this.

yet another shooting happens in a gun free zone. how many of these shootings have to happen before people realize how unsafe these gun free zones are.

if just the school had an armed gaurd/teacher/faculty member, they may have been able to stop this senseless tragedy.

youve got to be kidding me. this is part the reason things like this happen predominantly in america. Guns are so embedded in your culture that they lead to things like this. Guns should be banned completely. if law abiders were armed there would probably be more dead from bullets flying everywhere. only an american would have that response

Speeding kills 13,000-14,000 people annually...so should cars that go over the speed limit be banned? I mean damn they're four wheeled death machines!

Stupid idea right? But you get the point, there are good drivers and there are bad drivers. Just like there are safe, responsible, well trained gun owners and there are crazy assholes like this guy. Don't blame the car or the gun, blame the person behind the wheel/trigger. 

Plus if we get rid of every gun in the world, do you suddenly think there would be world peace? Hmm well I don't remember world peace in the 1500's...I think they killed each other with swords and arrows...

Come on dude, guns don't kill people, people kill people.

Marks said:

Speeding kills 13,000-14,000 people annually...so should cars that go over the speed limit be banned? I mean damn they're four wheeled death machines!

Stupid idea right? But you get the point, there are good drivers and there are bad drivers. Just like there are safe, responsible, well trained gun owners and there are crazy assholes like this guy. Don't blame the car or the gun, blame the person behind the wheel/trigger. 

Plus if we get rid of every gun in the world, do you suddenly think there would be world peace? Hmm well I don't remember world peace in the 1500's...I think they killed each other with swords and arrows...

Are you seriously comparing unintentional, accidental deaths to planned, intentional murder? Also, no one here is claiming that we get rid of "all guns" in the world. Simply having a greater restriction on who can own a firearm and how many firearms said person can own should be a sufficient start.

Around the Network
killerzX said:

Sigh, this "data" is so biased and skewed that it's laughable and looks like something a 4chan user constructed. Tobacco use, unintentional in the case of killing via 2nd hand smoke, intentional with consent and addiction in the death of the smoker, also completely different. Medical errors, unintentional. Unintentional injuries, unintentional. Alcohol abuse, addiction and completely different. Motor vehicle accidents, unintentional. Unintentional posioning, unintentional. Drug abuse, addiction and completely different. Unintentional falls, unintentional. Non-firearm homicides, intentional. Firearm homicides, intentional.

The graph has grouped completely unrelated causes together in order to make firearm homicide seem insignificant in comparison, when in reality the only category that goes with firearm homicides is non-firearm homicides. Those pretty lines would look a lot larger if you group the related causes together. Also, if the 11 thousand death toll from firearms can be reduced via greater restrictions, then what's the problem with it? In the case of this shooting, NO ONE needs 4 firearms. That in itself is a problem, and a major one as it has been evidenced after today's incident.

Also, in response to that stupid comment about baseball bats in this graph, would 20 children today have died if that guy had a baseball bat? Hell, even a knife? The answer is obviously no. Firearm homicide after these 4 incidents has become a significant problem, there's no way one can spin it.

Marks said:
yum123 said:
killerzX said:

wow this is sad. my heart and prayers go out to these people. this kind of people just make me so freakin mad. i hate this.

yet another shooting happens in a gun free zone. how many of these shootings have to happen before people realize how unsafe these gun free zones are.

if just the school had an armed gaurd/teacher/faculty member, they may have been able to stop this senseless tragedy.

youve got to be kidding me. this is part the reason things like this happen predominantly in america. Guns are so embedded in your culture that they lead to things like this. Guns should be banned completely. if law abiders were armed there would probably be more dead from bullets flying everywhere. only an american would have that response

you are clearly missing the point. Look from outside your little box. you need to compare to other countries. Other western countries such as most of europe australia new zealand etc do not have guns in their culture and have far less gun deaths and gun crime.

Sal.Paradise said:
killerzX said:
Sal.Paradise said:
killerzX said:
Sal.Paradise said:
sperrico87 said:
Sal.Paradise said:
Genuinely don't want my kids growing up in that country. Fuck guns and fuck this guy.

There are many countries that ban guns and there are still school shootings.  Banning guns won't do what you think it will.

*looks at list of school shootings in England*

*looks at list of school shootings in America*

I'm fine thanks. 

crime in england has always been lower than that of the US. even before england banned guns they had significantly lower crime rates. and in fact when the banned guns crime went up. and crime in the US are at 40 year lows.

ikr what an awesome country england is, wont have to send my kids to school with a bulletproof vest

no... i still prefer liberty (albeit ever dwindling liberty).

but if you like that, then you would love switzerland, it has even lower crime rates than the UK, and even higher gun ownership  rates than the US.

no bulletproof vest needed.

muh freedoms!

and switzerlands nice for a visit but boring to death to live in, trust me i know

I respect the right to own guns. This is an American issue. People died, blame the man.

Weapons don't kill people, people kill people. If no guns then blow yourself up..Everyone can make one of those bombs.

killerzX said:

but i wont take that chance, which is why im armed at all times.

and if guns kill, all of my guns must be broken. they havent killed anybody.

I like that somebody who is "armed at all times" choses the nickname "killer.." in forums.