By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Elementary School Shooting Leaves 27 Dead(20 children)(Shooter son of teacher)

Kasz216 said:
TadpoleJackson said:
Kasz216 said:
Also, I'm curious why they don't just put armed police officers in schools.

I could of swore my school had armed police officer.

Maybe there holster was empty though, never really cared about guns.

As someone who works in A LOT of schools I see a police officer in every school middle and up. I never see any in any elementary school or kindergarten. 

Fair enough.  I hadn't considered that.

Though that does show a problem doesn't it?

The Police aren't there to protect the children from harm.  They are there to watch the children.

lest not forget that the supreme court has ruled that the police are under no obligation to protect people.

gun control people seem to ignore this.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:

First off... you could of avoided spaming the website and instead just posted the numbers and where you got your data from.

Second off... where are you getting your data from?

Looks like Wikipedia lists... but a lot of those under the US aren't under the Wikipedia list.

Third off... it's good you chose the UK and not a number of other countries... otherwise...  (also you know, the list is unfinished.)

Finally.. just looking at "Rampage killings" part here but...

since 1982...

it looks like 31 to 6.  Which is 5.1 times.

Edit, lets just add in school shootings

UK 5ince 1982. 

Looking at it though, looks like Mother Jones was wrong on the amount of shootings... practically everywhere.  More common then I would of thought, but still not really enough for statistical significance.

also people dont seem to realize that gun ownership really isnt tied to the amount of crime in a country. they fail to look at historical data. they love pointing  to countries like britian, but they has always had lower murder rates than the us, even before they implemented gun bans. and in fact crime went up after they baned guns.

its like saying country X  has reletively little gun control in 1930 and murder rate of 50 per 1000, but country Z in 1930 with also little gun control has murder rate of 10 per 1000. but in 2012 country x still has little gun control but murder 25 per 1000, and country Z banned guns and they have murder rate of 15 per 1000. 

look. country Z has soo little crime, and look how much country X has. Bann gunZ!!!!

chapset said:
Max King of the Wild said:
chapset said:
snyps said:
BenVTrigger said:
mrstickball said:

yeah but it didn't happen, I am amaze how american are so stubborn to accept the fact that guns make mass killing way more easier then any other weapons.

It doesn't though. And your misconception of firearms really shows your ignorance. Firearms takes ammunition first of all. Secondly its a lot harder shooting and hitting a vital organ than stabbing one. You have 10 rounds in a clip. There is absolutly no guarentee that you hit anything let alone a vital organ with those ten rounds fired. However you stand right next to someone with a knife you must be retarded to miss. Third it takes knowledge of the firearm. What do you do when you get a failure to eject or stove pipe.

sperrico87 said:
Sal.Paradise said:
Genuinely don't want my kids growing up in that country. Fuck guns and fuck this guy.

There are many countries that ban guns and there are still school shootings.  Banning guns won't do what you think it will.

*looks at list of school shootings in England*

*looks at list of school shootings in America*

I'm fine thanks. 

Sal.Paradise said:
sperrico87 said:
Sal.Paradise said:
Genuinely don't want my kids growing up in that country. Fuck guns and fuck this guy.

There are many countries that ban guns and there are still school shootings.  Banning guns won't do what you think it will.

I'm fine thanks. 

crime in england has always been lower than that of the US. even before england banned guns they had significantly lower crime rates. and in fact when the banned guns crime went up. and crime in the US are at 40 year lows.

Around the Network
chapset said:
chapset said:
snyps said:
BenVTrigger said:
mrstickball said:

yeah but it didn't happen, I am amaze how american are so stubborn to accept the fact that guns make mass killing way more easier then any other weapons.

It doesn't though. And your misconception of firearms really shows your ignorance. Firearms takes ammunition first of all. Secondly its a lot harder shooting and hitting a vital organ than stabbing one. Third it takes knowledge of the firearm. What do you do when you get a failure to eject or stove pipe?

yeah, this is why you see so many people choosing knifes over guns to kill people right, because guns are so hard to use and it explain why in china no one died yet in the states even when the police intervene within minutes the guy was still able to murder 26 peoples. I see you are very knowledgeable but lack the ability to use your brain

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

chapset said:
chapset said:
chapset said:
snyps said:
BenVTrigger said:
mrstickball said:

It doesn't though. And your misconception of firearms really shows your ignorance. Firearms takes ammunition first of all. Secondly its a lot harder shooting and hitting a vital organ than stabbing one. Third it takes knowledge of the firearm. What do you do when you get a failure to eject or stove pipe?

yeah, this is why you see so many people choosing knifes over guns to kill people right, because guns are so hard to use and it explain why in china no one died yet in the states even when the police intervene within minutes the guy was still able to murder 26 peoples. I see you are very knowledgeable but lack the ability to use your brain

You have absolutly no clue what you are talking about. Let Kaz link you the article that shows you have a 15% death rate from gun shots. Lets see what the death rate is for stabbing victims.

chapset said:
chapset said:
chapset said:
snyps said:
BenVTrigger said:
mrstickball said:

more people are murdered with weapons other than guns in the US each year.

true guns are typically more leathal, but are much harder to hit you target than you think. knives while usually less lethal are much easier to cause injury.

killerzX said:
chapset said:
chapset said:
chapset said:
snyps said:
BenVTrigger said:
mrstickball said:

more people are murdered with weapons other than guns in the US each year.

true guns are typically more leathal, but are much harder to hit you target than you think. knives while usually less lethal are much easier to cause injury.

How do you define lethal? Because over memorial day weekend in Chicago there were 40 shootings (that were reported) and 10 deaths. Guns are faily ineffective unless up close. But that's what people use them. Get rid of guns there will just be more stabbings because they'll be forced to get up close. However, I bet a higher percent will die from wounds

killerzX said:
Sal.Paradise said:
sperrico87 said:
Sal.Paradise said:

I'm fine thanks. 

crime in england has always been lower than that of the US. even before england banned guns they had significantly lower crime rates. and in fact when the banned guns crime went up. and crime in the US are at 40 year lows.

ikr what an awesome country england is, wont have to send my kids to school with a bulletproof vest