By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - How to Destroy an Athiests in a argument! (Updated with poll)

Who won?

The Athiest 40 70.18%

The creationist 17 29.82%

Total:57
kappie1977 said:
great one

Yes I thought it was in order to get some laughs. Hope you laughed your ass off like I did the first time I seen it.

Around the Network

Atheists are usually regarded as politically left wing. Religious people are usually regarded as right wing. An argument between a religious and a non-religious person debating religion never ends well.

spaceguy said:
kappie1977 said:
great one

Yes I thought it was in order to get some laughs. Hope you laughed your ass off like I did the first time I seen it.

it did mate, it really did!!! 

DaRev said:
Funny how you can accept certain things that are "untestable" like what's outside our universe, but at the same time reject certain things that "untestable" like God. Funny, doesn't it mean then that you need FAITH to believe what these Scientists are saying about the God Particle (lol that must be very offensive term to some).

I mean you can't test it, but believe in it?  What if this dude came out tomorrow and tells you he not only found the God Particle (love that name) but he actually found God,   - what then? What if this dude come out and tells you he found the Heavn Particle outside of the untestable space that our untestable but acceptable Universe(s), all 6 of them, are expanding into - what then? You guys must have FAITH as big as Christians

Anyways, nope never did physics or biology - why? Have you taken religious classes at college?

If it isn't a testable hypothesis, no conclusions can be drawn. I do not accept anything without evidence. As has been shown to you several times now, the "God Particle" [fabricated media term] known to science as the Higgs Boson has been discovered.

You have admitted to being ignorant to even fundamental scientific discoveries meaning you have less knowledge on the subject matter than the rest of the people arguing with you. Authority issue or what? We're not lying in order to discredit you, we're basing our information on what has been theorized/observed/evidenced. Do you not understand this?

dsgrue3 said:
DaRev said:
Funny how you can accept certain things that are "untestable" like what's outside our universe, but at the same time reject certain things that "untestable" like God. Funny, doesn't it mean then that you need FAITH to believe what these Scientists are saying about the God Particle (lol that must be very offensive term to some).

I mean you can't test it, but believe in it?  What if this dude came out tomorrow and tells you he not only found the God Particle (love that name) but he actually found God,   - what then? What if this dude come out and tells you he found the Heavn Particle outside of the untestable space that our untestable but acceptable Universe(s), all 6 of them, are expanding into - what then? You guys must have FAITH as big as Christians

Anyways, nope never did physics or biology - why? Have you taken religious classes at college?

If it isn't a testable hypothesis, no conclusions can be drawn. I do not accept anything without evidence. As has been shown to you several times now, the "God Particle" [fabricated media term] known to science as the Higgs Boson has been discovered.

You have admitted to being ignorant to even fundamental scientific discoveries meaning you have less knowledge on the subject matter than the rest of the people arguing with you. Authority issue or what? We're not lying in order to discredit you, we're basing our information on what has been theorized/observed/evidenced. Do you not understand this?

So you have not drawn any conclusions about God then or about the Bible, or have you?

Well this I would consider a religious debate, and while you have not admitted your ignorance to even fundamental religious discoveries meaning you have less knowledge on the subject matter than myself and the rest of the people arguing with you, you clearly are ignorant of Christian and other religious principles. Authority issue or what? We Christians are not lying in order to discredit or convince you or Science, we're basing our information on what has been theorized/observed/evidenced. Do you not understand this?

Nintendo Network ID: DaRevren

I love My Wii U, and the potential it brings to gaming.

Around the Network
KungKras said:
Player1x3 said:
KungKras said:
Player1x3 said:
dsgrue3 said:
Player1x3 said:
Ugh, and you yet again miss the point. I wasn't pointing out how many people atheism killed (atheism AS WELL AS CHRISTIANITY does not promote murder), but how many people have atheist leaders and regimes have killed. And you cant possibly be that naive to think that only 1200 people were killed out of religious reasons, can you now? 

Yes, because Hitler killed Jews because of atheism. In what world is that a sensible conclusion? Why didn't he kill every single theist then? Why did he persecute the Jewish faith? Why just one?

You might as well be saying "Hitler had a moustache" and then proceed to tell me how many people died from leaders with moustaches. I hope you see how laughably absurd your logic is.

You're getting desperate. Please just hop off my ass already. I didnt say Hitler killed in the name of atheism. I said, he was an atheist leader who killed millions of people as a response to a guy who said ''you'd never have to fear an atheist ruler'' Well, history proves that statement to be laughable. 

And btw, Hitler might be one of the very few atheist leaders that actually didnt kill in the name of a(theism)nti theism...pretty much everyone else did

Except that wasn't the original statment at all. The original statement was that atheists don't kill one another over religious differences. If you want to debate that, go ahead, that would be fun.

Also, there is no logical pathway from atheism that leads to killing people, but there is a logical pathway from religion (IE God told me to kill these people).

The original statement was (the one i was quoting) was the you shouldnt fear atheists because they dont kill people. And i proved that they do kill, especially over religious differences. I mean Hitler killed people because they were Jews, Stalin and the others killed them for not being atheists/being theists. And I dont want to debate something that is already widely accepted in historic community. 

Oh, your statement came right after the funny picture then.

Anyways, here is the statement you took out of context "there's no need to feel threatened by an atheist.   There are still 7 countries where the state can excecute citizens for being an atheist."

What he means is that if you know nothing about a person except that he is atheist, would you feel as threathened as if he belonged to a religion whose holy book gave permission to enslave or kill you?

If he was also an anti theist, then yes, I would probably. So far, most if not all of them were, so yeah, theres a logical pathway

DaRev said:
So you have not drawn any conclusions about God then or about the Bible, or have you?

Well this I would consider a religious debate, and while you have not admitted your ignorance to even fundamental religious discoveries meaning you have less knowledge on the subject matter than myself and the rest of the people arguing with you, you clearly are ignorant of Christian and other religious principles. Authority issue or what? We Christians are not lying in order to discredit or convince you or Science, we're basing our information on what has been theorized/observed/evidenced. Do you not understand this?

The Bible is a book of fables. It isnt' relevant in discussions of a supernatural being unless the only possibility you consider is that one described in the Bible?

As there is no evidence for the existence of God, I do not BELIEVE in his existence, but I cannot state that He does not exist. It is the same as you cannot state that He does. 

Your alteration to my statement is entirely ridiculous. Christians base nothing on theory/observation/evidence. They place the entirety of their religion in a book. 

I hope you understand the difference, but I doubt you're capable of such trivialities.

dsgrue3 said:
DaRev said:

The Bible is a book of fables. It isnt' relevant in discussions of a supernatural being unless the only possibility you consider is that one described in the Bible?

As there is no evidence for the existence of God, I do not BELIEVE in his existence, but I cannot state that He does not exist. It is the same as you cannot state that He does. 

Your alteration to my statement is entirely ridiculous. Christians base nothing on theory/observation/evidence. They place the entirety of their religion in a book. 

I hope you understand the difference, but I doubt you're capable of such trivialities.

What sounds like a fable is this theory of a universe is expanding into nothingness with a bunch of other universes, because of some theoritical light that purportedly has all the answers to existance - really? ha ha

But you can BELIEVE what you want to, I will do as well.

Your statement was highly rediculous in the first place so I agree, as it I proved nothing. Christians do based their whole existance on theory/observation/evidence, over many generations culminated in a single book. However, you do not put christianity or religion in lab and bounce light off of it and expect to see Jesus - I think that is your problem. You seem to think that only Scientist can Thoerise, Observe, and put forward Eveidence, which shows you closeminded view of anything outside of Science.

See my friend your problem is that you cannot hold on to Christianity put it in a lab, disect or bounce lights off to see what effect it has. Maybe you really should have taken some religious classes, cause Science has made your thinking biased and onesided.

Nintendo Network ID: DaRevren

I love My Wii U, and the potential it brings to gaming.

DaRev said:
What sounds like a fable is this theory of a universe is expanding into nothingness with a bunch of other universes, because of some theoritical light that purportedly has all the answers to existance - really? ha ha

But you can BELIEVE what you want to, I will do as well.

Your statement was highly rediculous in the first place so I agree, as it I proved nothing. Christians do based their whole existance on theory/observation/evidence, over many generations culminated in a single book. However, you do not put christianity or religion in lab and bounce light off of it and expect to see Jesus - I think that is your problem. You seem to think that only Scientist can Thoerise, Observe, and put forward Eveidence, which shows you closeminded view of anything outside of Science.

See my friend your problem is that you cannot hold on to Christianity put it in a lab, disect or bounce lights off to see what effect it has. Maybe you really should have taken some religious classes, cause Science has made your thinking biased and onesided.

Well, science isn't based upon belief. It's based upon observation and evidence. 

Christianity is based upon a book. Like I said. It offers nothing new. Ever. It's never adapted, never amended, and not something anyone takes literally. So how can you use it as a reference at all if it isn't literal? You can't.

You don't seem to understand the difference between belief and evidence. Perhaps find a dictionary?

As to my point, you aren't educated. You have a distinct lack of education that you admit in basic physics and biology which are vital to explaining certain scientific discoveries that refute many of Christianity's teachings entirely. 

Player1x3 said:

If he was also an anti theist, then yes, I would probably. So far, most if not all of them were, so yeah, theres a logical pathway

If there is a logical pathway from atheism that leads to killing people, could you please explain it.

I LOVE ICELAND!