By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Shooting in Oregon mall!

the2real4mafol said:
Max King of the Wild said:
the2real4mafol said:
Guns shouldn't be carried in public, they should be there for leisure only.

Even with conceal and carry permits there are still laws where guns are allowed. Any government buildings or schools.

Why would you carry a gun to school for?

unfortunately law abiding citizens cant, its against the law... but that didnt seem to stop the columbine shooter, virginia tech shooter, etc. but it did stop law abiding citizens from doing so.

the almost always a common theme among the mass shootings.... they all happen in "gun free" zones.

Around the Network
Gamegears said:
And yet wihout the Second Amendment.. Japan probably would have invaded us in WW2.. or Nazi's. because they were afraid of finding people carrying guns.. they did not even try it.. also without guns.. it would be almost impossible to protect yourself or your property in this day and age.. (Remember Criminals do not follow laws.. if they did.. they would not be criminals) And tests to make sure people are mentally able to carry guns won't work either.. remember even the most mentally competent person has their dark days.. and all it takes is one of those.. and you got another shooting..

Is THIS seriously what the American school system teaches you? Bwahahahahaha! =P

Just to educate you on the correct version of history: it was the US Navy + logistical reasons that prevented the US from being invaded. It's the same reason why the UK was not successfully invaded.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

the2real4mafol said:
Guns shouldn't be carried in public, they should be there for leisure only.

Why is that? I've never heard of a mass shooting that started because a law abiding citizen with a properly registered gun that he was permitted to carry/conceal all of a sudden got mad and decided to go on a shooting spree. 

Shooting sprees are well planned out and usually the gun was purchased illegally on the black market and is not registered. The father of one of the girls killed at Columbine was even quoted saying no amount of gun control could have saved his daughter's life because the assault was well planned out...and...*gasp* criminals don't obey the law. 

The prior bill largely limited carrying weapons to when a person was in a car, walking into a house and out on a sidewalk, and it specifically disallowed guns to be carried in churches, schools, gymnasiums, sporting events, bars and businesses, Phelps said.

Someone asked about carrying weapons in buildings earlier. Not sure if it was this thread or the mall one. Will post this there too.

Also, LOL at this quote.

“If we need to change the law, let us at least craft a law that is very severely constrained and narrowly tailored so that we don’t invite guns out of control on each of our city’s streets,” Currie said. “I don’t want people out of control wandering the streets with guns that are out of control.”

She clearly has no clue what is going on in her state

I suppose none of the anti-gun people aren't going to explain why Vermont, a state with very lax guns laws, has one lowest number of gun homicides per capita in the US.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:
Gamegears said:
And yet wihout the Second Amendment.. Japan probably would have invaded us in WW2.. or Nazi's. because they were afraid of finding people carrying guns.. they did not even try it.. also without guns.. it would be almost impossible to protect yourself or your property in this day and age.. (Remember Criminals do not follow laws.. if they did.. they would not be criminals) And tests to make sure people are mentally able to carry guns won't work either.. remember even the most mentally competent person has their dark days.. and all it takes is one of those.. and you got another shooting..

Is THIS seriously what the American school system teaches you? Bwahahahahaha! =P

Just to educate you on the correct version of history: it was the US Navy + logistical reasons that prevented the US from being invaded. It's the same reason why the UK was not successfully invaded.

The UK was not successfully invaded because Hitler changed strageties and priorities after he was able to invade the UK for some reason

burninmylight said:
burninmylight said:
burninmylight said:
killerzX said:

I originally said, "Sources please." That doesn't necessarily mean I'm questioning your credibility. It could mean that I want to learn more about the subject, or to read the exact same report you did and find its context. I know there are a lot of posters here ready to rip you a new one every time you state something not at least 99.78 percent in line with their views, but not everyone is out to get you.

Oh well if that's the case then he was saying he got it on a pro-gun site. Maybe the NRA has this information. And I apologize for the quick characterizing.

My bad, I assumed you were the original guy I quoted without looking. I hate the clusterfucked jumbled mess that is the VG Chartz quote/reply system.

Gamegears said:

Where did you read this ?

spurgeonryan said:
animegaming said:
Galaki said:
animegaming said:
 we need better gun control

Guns don't kill people. People kill people.

guns kill people 

Then you get what happens in Illinois with all the criminals with guns and regular citizens not able to defend themselves.Just one person with a gun could have blown this assholes balls off and watch him bleed to death in agony. That would be true justice instead of prison.

Then some law-abiding citizen with a gun hears the shots, runs to the scene and guns down the one who gunned down the perpetrator.

Rinse, Repeat.

Here's what I say about this; countries with stricter gun laws have less gun deaths; so until the state and federal governments decide to stand up to the NRA and the gun lobby this will keep happening with a high frequency.