By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Shooting in Oregon mall!

killerzX said:
ironmanDX said:
The U.S gun laws are a joke.... You're all to caught up in your amendments and thinking that laws and times never evolve. The gun amendment was fine back when it was written, the world is a much different place now. Something people need to realize.

you realize murders, violents crimes, etc, are decreasing every year, and have reached like 50 year lows, all while gun ownership is at an all time high?

gun sales are skyrocketing, especially sales of what you would call  "assault rifles". gun sales reached an all time high in a year, this year (2012), gun sales this november, sset all time high. so many sales occured on black friday, that the BAFTE background check system crached, with how many calls we being place by FFLs.

it seems your theory is incorrect

Sources please.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
killerzX said:
ironmanDX said:
The U.S gun laws are a joke.... You're all to caught up in your amendments and thinking that laws and times never evolve. The gun amendment was fine back when it was written, the world is a much different place now. Something people need to realize.

you realize murders, violents crimes, etc, are decreasing every year, and have reached like 50 year lows, all while gun ownership is at an all time high?

gun sales are skyrocketing, especially sales of what you would call  "assault rifles". gun sales reached an all time high in a year, this year (2012), gun sales this november, sset all time high. so many sales occured on black friday, that the BAFTE background check system crached, with how many calls we being place by FFLs.

I'd credit that to abortion and birth control more than to gun ownership. Especially given the fun way in which "crimes prevented by guns" is calculated.

What..what? ...he can't be serious no way he is serious.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

burninmylight said:
killerzX said:
ironmanDX said:

Sources please.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/9670585/US-guns-sales-soar-after-Barack-Obamas-re-election.html

quick google search helps

Mankind should go extinct or evolve, the current set-up isn't working.

Do your job better, SimCity controller!

ninetailschris said:
Mr Khan said:
killerzX said:
ironmanDX said:

I'd credit that to abortion and birth control more than to gun ownership. Especially given the fun way in which "crimes prevented by guns" is calculated.

Just like capital punishment isn't a deterrent, threat of getting shot isn't going to stop people from trying to commit crimes. Social betterment, however, is, and fewer unwanted children or children who cannot be properly supported is what's really going to chew into crime rates.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
animegaming said:
i was thinking it was my mall since i live in oregon but nope
but yeah it is pretty sad on how much shootings their have been in the last few months we need better gun control

Why? So the law abiding citizens that were at this mall can't carry to defend themselves from this lunatic (that I would bet you $100 got his gun illegally and ignored any gun laws)?

Maybe we should ban cars that go over 65mph because speeding kills 13,000 people annually in the US...because clearly it was the car that caused the deaths not the driver. 

Max King of the Wild said:
burninmylight said:
killerzX said:
ironmanDX said:

Sources please.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/9670585/US-guns-sales-soar-after-Barack-Obamas-re-election.html

quick google search helps

I knew you'd say that, but the burden of proof is on you. Do you research every single statement or theory of every poster on every message board you read when that person should have their sources ready to go in the first place?

Now is not the time to talk about gun control, wait for the next mass shooting at least

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Mr Khan said:
ninetailschris said:
Mr Khan said:
killerzX said:
ironmanDX said:

Just like capital punishment isn't a deterrent, threat of getting shot isn't going to stop people from trying to commit crimes. Social betterment, however, is, and fewer unwanted children or children who cannot be properly supported is what's really going to chew into crime rates.

So when Florida crime rate went down a good number after gun laws being lifed a lot but abortion didn't change and had no effort.

Your arguments are based on reality it's based on you wanted it to be there for your political view.

I haven't seen one source showing crime goes down because of abortion but we have seen many on guns.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

Guns shouldn't be carried in public, they should be there for leisure only.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018