By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Shooting in Oregon mall!

Devil_Survivor said:
Here's what I say about this; countries with stricter gun laws have less gun deaths; so until the state and federal governments decide to stand up to the NRA and the gun lobby this will keep happening with a high frequency.

Care to explain Switzerland?

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
Devil_Survivor said:
Here's what I say about this; countries with stricter gun laws have less gun deaths; so until the state and federal governments decide to stand up to the NRA and the gun lobby this will keep happening with a high frequency.

I would if you had explained what you mean extactly by saying just Switzerland. Do mean they have tough gun laws and still high gun crime?

Devil_Survivor said:
thismeintiel said:
Devil_Survivor said:

I would if you had explained what you mean extactly by saying just Switzerland. Do mean they have tough gun laws and still high gun crime?

No, virtually no gun laws with many people owning them and no gun violence. Also, there is a link earlier in threads that show UK gun violence increase as gun laws increase and gun violence decreasing as gun laws decrease. Also, Illinois is the last state to include conceal and carry law but Chicago is on the top of the list of gun violence

Devil_Survivor said:

that must be why our crime rate and murder rates are declining every year and are at 50 year lows because we are cracking down on gun ownership....

oh wait gun ownership is at all time high, and gun sales are skyrocket breaking sales records.

"Want to drink a beer? ID Please."
"Want to purchase a gun? Will you be paying in cash?"

Amurica.

Around the Network
riderz13371 said:

Amurica.

Funny, I could have sworn I was carded everytime I tried going to a bar in Canada when I visited there. And I could have sworn I have to show my FOID card everytime I want to look at an unloaded gun from behind the case

Max King of the Wild said:
riderz13371 said:

Amurica.

Funny, I could have sworn I was carded everytime I tried going to a bar in Canada when I visited there. And I could have sworn I have to show my FOID card everytime I want to look at an unloaded gun from behind the case

I said Amurca. Not North Amurica.

United States?

Devil_Survivor said:
thismeintiel said:
Devil_Survivor said:

No, virtually no gun laws with many people owning them and no gun violence. Also, there is a link earlier in threads that show UK gun violence increase as gun laws increase and gun violence decreasing as gun laws decrease. Also, Illinois is the last state to include conceal and carry law but Chicago is on the top of the list of gun violence

The irony is the Oregon killer got his gun illegally so nothing with gun control would have stopped this.

the irony.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

riderz13371 said:

Amurica.

uh... thats not true. if an if a gun shop did that, they and you would be violating the law.

inorder to purchase a rifle, you havw to be 18. for a hand gun, you have to be 21.

ninetailschris said:
Devil_Survivor said:
thismeintiel said:
Devil_Survivor said:

The irony is the Oregon killer got his gun illegally so nothing with gun control would have stopped this.

the irony.

How do you know he got it not legal?