By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - It has only just hit me how ridiculous it is that the Wii is STILL sold out

Seriously it is unbelievable. Over a year since its release and its still selling out as soon as it hits the shelves? Stop reading and take a moment to let that sink in. A full year of the system being on the market and every day is still panning out like a system launch in terms of demand; that is outright scary. Consumers of all types are buying the system and it's already within a million units of the Gamecube's LTD user base. How many could Nintendo have sold if it could keep up with demand? It is mindboggling.

Around the Network

Well the PS2 was in low supply for quite a while, not as bad as Wii. But if it had had a closer WW launch it may have been.... after all it was 7 months between Japan and American launch and a further ? months till PAL [2-4... I can't remember exactly]

And thats with only 2/3 of the systems being made. Edit... damnit, half the systems. wow. If PS2 was the record for the console produced fastest from launch then Wii has doubled that record!

Wii rules supreme and dominates the shit out of all consoles ever.

One console to rule them all, My precious

Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated.

May the force be Wii 

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

yep, wii is still sold out everywhere (at least in NA)
just shows the domination wii is having

Amazing, the mind boggles at how many wiis Nintendo could have sold. 30m anyone, maybe 40m(bit too many I think)

Around the Network

Well, let's not get over our heads here. I think that the most reasonable amount of Wii's that could have been sold WW if there were no shortages could've benn some 23-24 million units. More than that is pure science fiction.

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

@wojtas

I cant believe you said that. because if it were anyone else they'd say 70-100 miilion..

Well anyhow i thought about it yesterday how it was unbelieveble that the wii is still selling out after more than a year.

mM

I'm surprised that it just hit you.

To stay supply-constrained for over a year is unprecentended. Even when iPod hit maintream it still filled orders after a few months.

What should shock you more is the fact that DS's still couldn't be found during the holidays.

... (elispses lapse)

Let's give a big round of applause to the Big N for rocking gaming as we know it. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

@rocketpig

Ipod is much much easier to manufacture than the wii.

mM