By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony relying on heavily bundled and/or deep discount just to get games into million sellers list?

Galaki said:
Wow, the lot of you can't take a critical question. Just because you don't share the same view automatically make them a troll.

OT: Take recent releases for example. Vita bundled with 3rd party games. Namely, Call of Duty and Assassin Creed.
They have to be bleeding Sony some money since 3rd parties aren't giving away free games like that.

stop fanning the flames galaki, nobody is arguing that vita isnt bunded with some big name games for the holidays.

Around the Network
Roma said:
I can't wait for the The Last Guardian bundle!

Might have to wait a long time. :/

LOL this sounds like jealousy to me.

theprof00 said:
Galaki said:
Wow, the lot of you can't take a critical question. Just because you don't share the same view automatically make them a troll.

OT: Take recent releases for example. Vita bundled with 3rd party games. Namely, Call of Duty and Assassin Creed.
They have to be bleeding Sony some money since 3rd parties aren't giving away free games like that.

stop fanning the flames galaki, nobody is arguing that vita isnt bunded with some big name games for the holidays.

It's a simple question, which requires a simple discussion thread.

The crap you guys pulled in this thread is shameful.

He used the Vita bundles as a  parallel for the PS3 bundles. His point is simple, now actually contribute and discuss it properly.

,Happy you just presented data and said "this likely can be attributed to"
ITHOUT HAVING ANY EVIDENCE Why it is "likely".

Galaki is not drawing a parallelbetween ps3 and vita. Everybody bundles. Get over it.
Vita is it's own case that anyone can agree is showing stress with what it's bundling.People arr showing how it's not true and then galaki, who said "sony relying on heavy bundling to get their games to be million sellers", is not taking into account 1) that cod and asscreed are not sony games 2) they are trying to sell vitas, not those games.

Even this post of his doesn't follow his own op's thought process, despite that the post was supposed to be clarifying the op.
What he IS trying to do with that post is draw a parallel between the posters and what he os painting them as saying. He's saying that eople are disputing and b, when they're only disputing a.

Around the Network
pezus said:
I don't get the point. Why not ask the same question about Nintendo and MS games?

All companies do it, but Sony has a lot simultaneosly and often I think is the reason he used them as an example.  But yes all three bundle 1st party games.

Galaki said:

It is not a bad thing in the customers' side. We get more bang for our bucks with either a "free" game or half-priced game very early on the new releases. However, is Sony just cutting into their profit when they utilize this way too often?

So much so that Nintendo is following their footsteps. Yes, Nintendo is copying Sony, again.

The difference is that Nintendo managed to sell those "free" games at (near) full price for years.

So? Look how much Nintendo did it? My first NES was bundled with Mario, and my second was bundled with Donkey Kong. The majority of Nintendos top first party were bundled from the start. Once people caught on and they kept the quality up then they sold it seperately.

Sony makes a profit?,that's a start i guess

or get with the times people us sony loyalists don't buy games anymore we rent them,how else can they get them onto the million sellers list,i'm going to have to keep reminding you of this

on the controller bundles i'm still miffed i ignored the KZ3 with a controller bundle going for £40 a while back in my shop,it had gone the next time i went back

Above & Beyond

theprof00 said:
,Happy you just presented data and said "this likely can be attributed to"
ITHOUT HAVING ANY EVIDENCE Why it is "likely".

Galaki is not drawing a parallelbetween ps3 and vita. Everybody bundles. Get over it.
Vita is it's own case that anyone can agree is showing stress with what it's bundling.People arr showing how it's not true and then galaki, who said "sony relying on heavy bundling to get their games to be million sellers", is not taking into account 1) that cod and asscreed are not sony games 2) they are trying to sell vitas, not those games.

Even this post of his doesn't follow his own op's thought process, despite that the post was supposed to be clarifying the op.
What he IS trying to do with that post is draw a parallel between the posters and what he os painting them as saying. He's saying that eople are disputing and b, when they're only disputing a.

You didn't understand his post b doesn't make it not following his thought process. He mentioned in op that he thought it caused loss of business profit and value in choosing to bundle these games, and he drew a parallel with the Vita, which in his eyes has the same issue.

It doesn't bother me ultimately whether you agree with him or not, what bothers me is how people have reacted, and I wish one would just take the time to look at what he said, and take the time to understand his OP, and take the time to post properly.

As for my post, I'm not giving proof. You asked for evidence and numbers, that's what I gave. Whether my extrapolations are correct or not is another story, and I don't pretend to have offered proof, only evidence, as requested. I may still be wrong. If I had offered proof, I would have said as much.

One of the reasons I never bought a Nintendo handheld was because Nintendo refuses to lower their software prices.

I don't even game too much anymore, but I'm always buying random PS3 games in the $10 - $20 range. Might not even play some of them, but it's so cheap you can just impulse buy without any real remorse.

So I like it. It also is a good way to get somebody into a series, and maybe more willing to pay full price for the sequels.