By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Final Fantasy XIII-3 really needed?

to be honest, FF XIII-2 wasn't needed they turned a somewhat decent story that was XIII and turned it into a deluded mess with all this time-travel and alternate dimensions, and nice try by S-E trying to mask what was even less exploration than XIII...all they did was give you the same maps but with different scenery depending on what time you were in. the biggest map was Academia and that was a city...

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
KungKras said:
was Final Fantasy XIII-2 really needed?

Final Fantasy IV = Sequel

Final Fantasy VII = Sequel

Final Fantasy X = Sequel

Final Fantasy XIII = Sequel

Notice a pattern...?

Technically Final Fantasy 12 had a sequel. Revenant Wings.

But every 3 FF's!

Bristow9091 said:
I liked both Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2, and I'm looking forward to the third game...

I honestly enjoyed XIII more, but same here. 

All of this, of course, is just my opinion.

Skyrim 100%'d. Dark Souls 100%'d. 
Dark Souls > Skyrim.
Halo 4 is the best damn FPS since Halo 3.
Proud pre-orderer of 2 PS4's and an Xbox One. 

Currently Playing: Dark Souls II, South Park
Playstation 4: MGS V GZ, Killzone: Shadow Fall, NBA 2k14.

I bought the first one and enjoyed it. FFXIII-2 is on its way to my house from gamefly. I am looking forward to it and hopefully FFXIII-3 will switch it up.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

oniyide said:
OT it sure isnt needed, but if you enjoyed those games then more power to you, ill save myself the 60 bucks as i never bought the 2nd and i cant even bring myself to finish the original despite just needing to beat the final boss

I'm at the end too, and I don't see myself finishing it in the near future. It's just so terrible.....

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network
adriane23 said:
oniyide said:
OT it sure isnt needed, but if you enjoyed those games then more power to you, ill save myself the 60 bucks as i never bought the 2nd and i cant even bring myself to finish the original despite just needing to beat the final boss

I'm at the end too, and I don't see myself finishing it in the near future. It's just so terrible.....

I had no reason to finish it either. that game has absolutely no soul, the final boss is boring and ill-defined, and I don't care enough about the characters to give a shit. I just youtubed the end to find that, yes, the ending was as terrible as I anticipated.  

13-2 was alright by comparison, but still garbage compared to what it could have been.  Why is this world populated by characters with next to no depth, unclear motivations, and lackluster antagonists?  An amateur writer could think up a better plot for these games. 

Technically the game isn't needed, but I surely want it!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I think 2 failed cause it looked like another 10-2 type game or a fan-service side quest. Didn't play 10-2 so don't know what its like, but both that and this looked like just some quick cash in by using the girls sexual charm.

If Square had a record for making great game sequals then maybe, but since its up to freakin FF15 now, I think people see a # as the main game, anything else as a cheap side game. It's their own fault really.

Wow 13 sold that many. Wonder if my purchase was included. I believe my game was new when I bought it. It was in the plastic wrap and all still. Only half a year after release and it was available for only $15. So sad.

Thats like asking was Star Wars ep1,2,3 needed? or Indiana Jones Crystal Skull? Or another season of Simpsons..etc.

I think SE learned from the American Culture to milk a series/franchise to oblivion instead of making a master piece and call it quits.

BasilZero said:
KungKras said:
was Final Fantasy XIII-2 really needed?

Final Fantasy IV = Sequel

Final Fantasy VII = Sequel

Final Fantasy X = Sequel

Final Fantasy XIII = Sequel

Notice a pattern...?

You know what I mean. X-2, XIII-2 and XIII-3 deviates from the sequel pattern you described.

I LOVE ICELAND!