By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Little big Planet is HUGE flop, we need to squawk about it

@barozi
Oh yeah, and ill take that bet coward.

Around the Network

Reposting since it wasn't addressed.

24th November 2012 1 130,541 N/A 130,541
01st December 2012 2 35,275 -73.0% 165,816

98 Forza Motorsport 3
99 Diablo III PC Activision
100 PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

- OP used retail sales from LBP to prove a point. Retail sales here proves the example is flawed and doesn't match.

- User then refers to untrackable digital sales...rendering this thread and point moot.

Case closed.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

i would still like to get an answer why you use a game with first week sales of 450k to open this thread, how many people did ever predict a huge flop for a new ip with 450k first week sales for only one device and very good reviews in almost every print or online magazine which could increase the legs?

theprof00 said:
Barozi said:
theprof00 said:

Oh my. I had no idea your prediction was setious.

Since i said "you show me yours" just before the bolded bit, i assumed you would give me one beforehand, or at least come to terms with the bet and the proceedings first.

I will take your bet of 1.6 by 3016 and counter with 1m by march, 1.6 by this time next year.

Well I never said 1.6m by 2016 (it was 1.46m), but I'm fine with what you said.

I say no to 1m by March (1st or 31st I don't care) 2013 and no to 1.6m by the same time next year.

However in case Sony decides to bundle this game, I say we calculate the bundles as good as we can and subtract them from the total. (should be no problem to determine the real sales from the bundles by looking at the weekly sales before the bundle arrives)

Also I was only talking about the PS3 version, were you including Vita as well ? Either way it wouldn't matter to me though I'd like to know.

lololol

so you call me a coward when i told you to show me your prediction, and then you abandon your previous trend analysis to bet simply whether ill be right or wrong. So you don't want to give me numbers? How about at least tell me when it will hit a million.

I didn't abandon anything.
When I said that 1.46m is the absolute maximum LT sales until 2016, then it's pretty obvious that I don't think that it will hit 1 million anytime soon.

But fine if you want raw numbers. Under 800k by March under 1m same time next year.

theprof00 said:
@barozi

ugh you hit me hard there.

Around the Network
Barozi said:
theprof00 said:
@barozi

Dont worry. It'll be a lot more embarassing if you lose this bet. You've squirming ever since i mentioned the challenge, getting me to commit to numbers first, not making your own predictions, saying "bububu the op says you can't predict based on first sales".

when i win, i will have a speech written for you. just try to remember how copy and paste works, kay :P

theprof00 said:
Barozi said:
theprof00 said:
@barozi

Dont worry. It'll be a lot more embarassing if you lose this bet. You've squirming ever since i mentioned the challenge, getting me to commit to numbers first, not making your own predictions, saying "bububu the op says you can't predict based on first sales".

when i win, i will have a speech written for you. just try to remember how copy and paste works, kay :P

mugen's second account confirmed 

pezus said:
sales2099 said:
LBP didnt flop........but LBP 2 did, LBP Vita did, LBP PSP did, LBP karting did.

How did you miss those games?!?!?!

So what do you think about Forza games pre-bundling? Flops?

lbp 2 isn't a flop but there is a big difference in sales. forza 3 sold much more without bundles as lbp2 with and forza 4 without bundles sold as much as lbp2 with bundles and it will obviously also sell more without bundle as lbp2 did with.

pezus said:

Also week 0 should NOT just be added to week 1 and call that week 1. Lol, that is ridiculous. Do you assume everyone that bought it was in the know about its official release date?

with first day sales much higher as second day sales or even the whole first week i would assume that (that's what i only know about few games, no clue if it's the same with all)

Reposting since it the OP claims he never saw it at all lol

24th November 2012 1 130,541 N/A 130,541
01st December 2012 2 35,275 -73.0% 165,816

98 Forza Motorsport 3
99 Diablo III PC Activision
100 PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

- OP used retail sales from LBP to prove a point. Retail sales here proves the example is flawed and doesn't match.

- User then refers to untrackable digital sales...rendering this thread and point moot.

Case closed.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

pezus said:
crissindahouse said:
pezus said:
sales2099 said:
LBP didnt flop........but LBP 2 did, LBP Vita did, LBP PSP did, LBP karting did.

How did you miss those games?!?!?!

So what do you think about Forza games pre-bundling? Flops?

lbp 2 isn't a flop but there is a big difference in sales. forza 3 sold much more without bundles as lbp2 with and forza 4 without bundles sold as much as lbp2 with bundles and it will obviously also sell more without bundle as lbp2 did with.

pezus said:

Also week 0 should NOT just be added to week 1 and call that week 1. Lol, that is ridiculous. Do you assume everyone that bought it was in the know about its official release date?

with first day sales much higher as second day sales or even the whole first week i would assume that (that's what i only know about few games, no clue if it's the same with all)

1. A big difference by a few hundred K. LBP2 hadn't stopped selling when it got that bundle and it got the bundle when it had similar sales to Forza 4 this year pre-bundle. The Forza 4 bundle obviously sells more because they're both in America where 360 sells a lot more during the holidays.

2. That doesn't mean everyone is in the know, just that many are in the know. A lot of the buyers walk into a store and see a game newly released that they like and buy it, especially a title as kid friendly as LBP. You're counting two weeks of sales together only because its street date was broken, but that isn't accurate. Quite a few of the week 0 sales could be added to week 1, sure, but certainly not all or close to it.

1. hmmm don't know but i thought forza 4 got bundled with ~2.5 m and forza 3 with 3m or something and lbp2 after 1.7m. maybe i'm wrong but that would be a "big" difference percentual. and like i said, i don't think lbp2 is a flop so ok discuss this with sales i shut up now.

2. don't know what you think how many people just grab a game in the first week without knowing about the release but like i said, first day sales are always way higher (the games i know about) which means many people who buy it day 1 know about it  and it's not as if all of the guys who buy it only day 2 or 3 don't know about it, that are just guys who wait for the weekend.

i mean, really, with advertisement an internet and whatever i would say 90% of people who buy a game in the first week knew about the release.

maybe you can take even 50k away of the 450k but that would be still not a release for only one device many people would call a huge flop would they? and with that this thread is about something which nobody would say (or very few)

and about psabr, like i said to jay once, i don't even think this will be a flop but if i'm correct this thread was made to show how people are maybe wrong about psabr and i think this example doesn't work.