By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So uh, no MGSV, Dark Souls II, BioShock Infinite, MG Rising, GTAV, etc. for Wii U ...

like i said in the other thread. do you honestly expect every late 7th gen multiplat to be on the wii u? when these games arent put on the 720 and ps4 will you be surprised? have you not noticed every gen gets games still after the next starts. why are people even making a big deal out of this? if the wii u doesnt get multiplats of third party 8th gen games then you will have something more to talk about.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

This is honestly worse than the GameCube at least the GameCube got most of the major multi-plats at the same time as the other consoles (ie: Soul Calibur 2, TimeSplitters 2, Tony Hawk games, 007 Nightfire, etc.) and Resident Evil franchise exclusivity + Capcom 5 + exclusive Tales/Baten Kaitos + Star Wars: Rogue Squadron games poop all over Zombi U + Rayman + Scribblenauts.

I guess Zombi U turned out to be better than Red Steel. Could we set the bar any lower though? 

That's because the GameCube was as or more powerful than the other consoles of its respective gen when it launched... not just slightly more powerful than the consoles of the previous gen like PS1/N64.  The Dreamcast on the other hand was, which is why it got hardly any major 3rd party games during its short life span, and was completely eclipsed as soon as all three next gen consoles were out.

Bottom line is, like it or not, it looks like we're going to have to wait until PS4 / 720 are released for most 3rd parties to start supporting the Wii U, and even that's not guaranteed, because there's a chance the games they do support it with are essentially just ports of the PS360 versions of their games.  For example, Infinity Ward is rumored to be working on the next COD for PS4 / 720, while Treyarch is working on the PS360 / Wii U verion of the game.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

seems pachter was right with low wii u 3rd party support,but I don't think that it will affect the sales(the sales prize will)
nintendo users are used to their standard titles.the 3ds=zero innovations but several sequels mario games,zelda,2-3 other nintendo ip's and the bought exclusives monster hunter,dragon quest and kingdom hearts.(even great games with like rayman origins are selling extremly bad-10k on 3ds,250k on vita)

the same will happen with the wii u(look at the bad AC3 sales),the same games will push the wii u,maybe ubisoft will reach some millions with dance party.the rest of the 3rd parties won't sell big numbers and support will be just like gamecube and wii support with cheap ports and maybe even cheaper ports as soon as the ps460 become leading plattform the 3rd parties will only port the ps 360 versions of their games because it is cheaper to convert.

As far as I'm aware, very few of those games listed were confirmed for any console. Heck, MGS5 wasn't even confirmed, and the whole thing around it could easily be a hoax (if everything else is, who says it isn't WiiU exclusive?). Also, Dark Souls 2 has been rumoured for WiiU as well, weeks before now.

I think people are too happy to jump on the doom bandwagon when they're creating their own facts. Ofcourse, the situtaion is far from great, and I'd hope and expect some of those games (namely MGSV, Dark Souls 2 and GTAV) to go WiiU. If not, then...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:

As far as I'm aware, very few of those games listed were confirmed for any console. Heck, MGS5 wasn't even confirmed, and the whole thing around it could easily be a hoax (if everything else is, who says it isn't WiiU exclusive?). Also, Dark Souls 2 has been rumoured for WiiU as well, weeks before now.

I think people are too happy to jump on the doom bandwagon when they're creating their own facts. Ofcourse, the situtaion is far from great, and I'd hope and expect some of those games (namely MGSV, Dark Souls 2 and GTAV) to go WiiU. If not, then...

Dark Souls 2 has been confirmed to be PS3, 360 and PC.
https://twitter.com/senden_ogu/statuses/277261817586262016

They could've easily added a "WiiU".

Around the Network
Barozi said:
Conegamer said:

Dark Souls 2 has been confirmed to be PS3, 360 and PC.
https://twitter.com/senden_ogu/statuses/277261817586262016

They could've easily added a "WiiU".

Hmm, fair enough then I guess. Don't really see what devs would lose for releasing a WiiU version (likely easier to port than to PC), but there you go.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

SxyxS said:

the same will happen with the wii u(look at the bad AC3 sales),the same games will push the wii u,maybe ubisoft will reach some millions with dance party.the rest of the 3rd parties won't sell big numbers and support will be just like gamecube and wii support with cheap ports and maybe even cheaper ports as soon as the ps460 become leading plattform the 3rd parties will only port the ps 360 versions of their games because it is cheaper to convert.

What is wrong with ports? The ports on gamecube were enough to keep me occupied. There is the problem with you guys. You don't take multiplats as they are given to you and then you complain. Gamecube had better third party support then xbox and psp. Unlike psp gamecube saw most games get localized.

And I can name more success stories on the 3ds then I can on the vita. Considering vita is supposed to be the system where people buy third party games I would argue it is abysmal. Pachter is quick to call out wii u but he doesn't note that vita has been struggling for months and still shows no sign of picking up despite system seller after system seller coming to it. You can have third party games sell all you want but what about if your exclusive can't even pass the game you highlighted as selling 10k on 3ds?

One more thing to complete my year = senran kagura localization =D

CCFanboy said:
SxyxS said:

Gamecube had better third party support then xbox and psp.

Umm, no.

This is a strange thread. I swear Nintendo's upcoming third-party lineup is, for once, as interesting as the first-party efforts. Or do we dismiss Rayman, Aliens, Injustice, and Bayonetta as low-profile games made by unproven developers? I, for one, am very happy considering the crap the Wii had to deal with. I forsee few game droughts this generation.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

F0X said:
Or do we dismiss Rayman, Aliens, Injustics, and Bayonetta as low-profile games made by inproven developers?

I bet it will be decided with the sales numbers.