By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So uh, no MGSV, Dark Souls II, BioShock Infinite, MG Rising, GTAV, etc. for Wii U ...

F0X said:
Fusioncode said:
Unless this thing explodes like the Wii then developers will be content just working on the HD twins.

Did they care when the Wii exploded?

It got a lot more attention, too bad most of the 3rd party titles were awful party games though. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

As i said before, they're either biased or stupid, in that if they're not stupid, they're pretty damn biased, and that if they're not biased, pretty stupid.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Vicious cycle.

3rd party developers wait to see sales on Nintendo Platform -----> People who want core ports don't purchase Nintendo platform ----> 3rd party developers don't see any reason to port their games to Nintendo platform

Rinse & Repeat

Barozi said:
F0X said:

This is a strange thread. I swear Nintendo's upcoming third-party lineup is, for once, as interesting as the first-party efforts. Or do we dismiss Rayman, Aliens, Injustice, and Bayonetta as low-profile games made by unproven developers? I, for one, am very happy considering the crap the Wii had to deal with. I forsee few game droughts this generation.

Aliens is not going to be a must have game. They've been working on the game since 2006 and delayed several times. That's never a good sign.
Also everyone who has played Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe is likely not happy about Injustice after Mortal Kombat 9. I know I'm not.

Still decent support so far and certainly better than Wii, but what are the other known WiiU third party releases so far ? 2013 looks like a slow year (which is not that unusual at the beginning of a gen).

None of your statements contradict what I've said. A better argument would be pointing out that the Wii U version of Aliens looks like it will be released after the other versions.

Also. I'm pretty confident that the problem with MKvDCU was the fact that it tried to combine the two vastly different franchises. Keeping them seperate is the righht way to go.

Nintendo is, as always, remaining tight-lipped. As for third-parties, I will reserve judgement until the major 2013 holiday games are announced. Should give a clear picture of where they stand on general.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

CCFanboy said:
<>

Honestly, I'm with you that I thought GC got good first party support.  SSX; Timesplitters; Burnout etc.  All my favourite multi-plats from last gen were there.

But generally, Xbox got them too, plus Xbox got the 'more important' ones.  I put that in inverted commas because it's obviously debatable.  But games like Metal Gear Solid 2; Grand Theft Auto San Andreas; Star Wars Battlefront 2 etc.  were a big deal last gen and the sales showed it.

GC did get plenty of third-party exclusives last gen, such as the ones you listed, but Xbox got them too.  Dead or Alive; Doom; Morrowind; Project Gotham; Ninja Gaiden etc.  Unless you wanted to count every single game which one got and the other didn't, it's going to be hard to quantify.

I wouldn't say one had it better than the other personally, it just depends on your preference.

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
dahuman said:

Not enough time, install base not high enough to justify cost, profit return questionable, reasonable business decisions. If a Wii U version ever comes, good for Wii U only owners, otherwise not surprised.

Agreed about the first part except the underlined bolded.

The reason being when PS3 and 360 launched, the install base was small. One of the reasons those install bases grew to the size they are is because of the 3rd party support early on.

3rd parties are important in generating hardware sales. They cannot just wait and expect 1st party games to sell the hardware. It only creates bad feeling between the console owners and the studios.

I said "reasonable," not "smart" :P

Kresnik said:

Honestly, I'm with you that I thought GC got good first party support.  SSX; Timesplitters; Burnout etc.  All my favourite multi-plats from last gen were there.

But generally, Xbox got them too, plus Xbox got the 'more important' ones.  I put that in inverted commas because it's obviously debatable.  But games like Metal Gear Solid 2; Grand Theft Auto San Andreas; Star Wars Battlefront 2 etc.  were a big deal last gen and the sales showed it.

GC did get plenty of third-party exclusives last gen, such as the ones you listed, but Xbox got them too.  Dead or Alive; Doom; Morrowind; Project Gotham; Ninja Gaiden etc.  Unless you wanted to count every single game which one got and the other didn't, it's going to be hard to quantify.

I wouldn't say one had it better than the other personally, it just depends on your preference.

I think it is because I prefer japanese games I was naturally more attracted to gamecube. I think gamecube had the right balance between multiplats but as you say it missed out on some notable ones. If wii u can match gamecube it will be perfect for me. I never had a gripe with gc. Obviously there is always a game on another system which I look and think "why can't I have that?" but it is like that with every system. Obviously I don't expect wii u to be perfect but I would be surprised if the others are as flawless as people think.

I am actually wondering if nintendo have a proper contract with platinum to publish more of their games. Obviously they picked up bayonetta 2 but publishing 101 might mean they have more publishing agreements with them.

If Iwata said they are making sure I will believe him. They are definitely showing it in their actions right now. I can't remember a time when nintendo had a list like this in the first 4 months. Its very promising. I just wish they would at least show the rest of the launch lineup. If not games out by christmas. The whole way they have gone about these wii u announcements is weird.

One more thing to complete my year = senran kagura localization =D

runqvist said:
F0X said:
Fusioncode said:
Unless this thing explodes like the Wii then developers will be content just working on the HD twins.

I think they did. They made games which they thougt would sell on wii.

Shovelware?

Also as I don't want to quote your other post, totally agree with your xbox list and xbox having a better lineup than GCN. GCN did have exotic fitles, hwoever they catered for neiche. Most the xbox titles you listed were mainstream at the time.

dahuman said:

Not enough time, install base not high enough to justify cost, profit return questionable, reasonable business decisions. If a Wii U version ever comes, good for Wii U only owners, otherwise not surprised.

You have to love Mordin.

Cobretti2 said:
runqvist said:
F0X said:
Fusioncode said:

I think they did. They made games which they thougt would sell on wii.

Shovelware?

Also as I don't want to quote your other post, totally agree with your xbox list and xbox having a better lineup than GCN. GCN did have exotic fitles, hwoever they catered for neiche. Most the xbox titles you listed were mainstream at the time.

I don't know if it is fair to call all of those games shovelware. Some of them obviously were shovelware, but some were games which third parties usually do. Their own 'versions' of the games which sell on some system.

This might be the first time we agree on anything!