By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Current vs Last, a Console Sales Story (COMPLETE!)

Final Smash: Should somone one do this at the start of every gen?

yes 65 75.58%

no 3 3.49%

show me the money! 7 8.14%

Total:75
Rockyb said:
wii u needs wii u sports or wii u fit without those kind of games it will end with gamecube like sales

Well Wii Fit U is coming during the first quarter of next year.

Around the Network
superchunk said:
osed125 said:

Wait, the Wii U beat the Wii in the third week? That's awesome, specially since the Wii U haven't sold really well in Europe.

Yeah, WiiU did very well in Japan in its opening. However, overall its a bit lower than Wii was. Still, I think WiiU is doing very well comparatively to anything else. Anyone having expectations that it will match Wii, clearly doesn't understand the monster Wii was for its first few years.

Aren't Nintendo themselves the ones expecting it to match the Wii (or very close to it) until March?

I think it'll fail to make the 5.5M although I don't think it's sales are bad at all, EU is worrying though.

if if ninty continues to coddle 3rd party then no, but if they focus on wht ninty does best, then hell yea.

retroking1981 said:
superchunk said:
osed125 said:

Wait, the Wii U beat the Wii in the third week? That's awesome, specially since the Wii U haven't sold really well in Europe.

Yeah, WiiU did very well in Japan in its opening. However, overall its a bit lower than Wii was. Still, I think WiiU is doing very well comparatively to anything else. Anyone having expectations that it will match Wii, clearly doesn't understand the monster Wii was for its first few years.

Aren't Nintendo themselves the ones expecting it to match the Wii (or very close to it) until March?

I think it'll fail to make the 5.5M although I don't think it's sales are bad at all, EU is worrying though.

Don't they always estimate around 5 million sold in March? I remember someone saying the Gamecube and Wii projections were roughly the same. I could be wrong though. So maybe it's just Nintendo's modus operandi. 

With some channel stuffing they could make it. But next fiscal year will start really slow I guess with retailers ordering less units due to very good supply.

OP and graphs have been updated. WiiU had another overall great week. If EU was doing its part, it would be narrowing the gap with Wii... c'mon Europeans... jump in to next gen already!

Around the Network

I'm starting to think WiiU will be about a million short of Nintendo's goal. Still very good overall, but with EU being so meh in sales... its a really hard gap to make up. Here's expecting Nintendo to reduce its forecast come January.

Great thread superchunk! Will be keeping on eye on this one.

Us damn Europeans dragging the side down...but things really kicked off here this week so who knows...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Looking optimistic, it's surprising how it's keeping in pace with the Wii despite poor EU sales and a higher price in a worse economy, and combined with more cynicism in gaming and gaming media I feel.
We'll have to see if Rayman Legends and other games can keep the Wii U up in sales though. It'll be interesting after new year's and during spring.

What's up with the europeans?! Does anyone have the launch numbers from EU for GC and N64?

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.