By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Current vs Last, a Console Sales Story (COMPLETE!)

Final Smash: Should somone one do this at the start of every gen?

yes 65 75.58%

no 3 3.49%

show me the money! 7 8.14%

Total:75

Any guesses for the 2nd week totals?
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=151251

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits
Around the Network
Roma said:

seem like it will do 500+ this week!

How do you figure? I'm sure it did 500k+ LAST week, when it launched in Japan, but this week? I'm thinking more like... 300?

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

DanneSandin said:
Roma said:

How do you figure? I'm sure it did 500k+ LAST week, when it launched in Japan, but this week? I'm thinking more like... 300?

well we will be getting the numbers this week from last week

I said it wrong XD

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Roma said:
DanneSandin said:
Roma said:

well we will be getting the numbers this week from last week

I said it wrong XD

I suspected as much ^It's hard, though, to NOT get it mixed up since we're getting the numbers this week for the... last week

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Updated with Dec8th data plus adjustments (both previous weeks up a little).

WiiU is doing very well on its final territorial launch. Now its time to see how much it can sustain each week.

Around the Network

Here is what stands out to me

The PS3 launched in EU last and managed to have their first big sales surge finally in Week 18 due to the EU launch. Since then they became the dominant console of choice all over EU which stands today. So the Playstation basically owns the EU market.

The Wii didn't get much of a boost from either the EU or Japan launches.

The Wii U didn't get much of a boost from EU launch, but definitely got a boost from the Japan launch.

The X360 really only sells in the US.

Future prediction

Playstation will continue to own Europe market
Xbox will continue to own American market
Nintendo will dominate Japan market

cusman said:

Future prediction

Playstation will continue to own Europe market
Xbox will continue to own American market
Nintendo will dominate Japan market

Iteresting question, who will be 2nd in each market as that will likely define WW leader. Japan is obviously only a two horse show. But in NA and EU, its Nintendo that is either technically first (at the time of this post) or will end up being a really close 2nd.

If that holds true, you can expect WiiU to be the WW leader.

Wait, the Wii U beat the Wii in the third week? That's awesome, specially since the Wii U haven't sold really well in Europe.

Nintendo and PC gamer

osed125 said:

Wait, the Wii U beat the Wii in the third week? That's awesome, specially since the Wii U haven't sold really well in Europe.

Yeah, WiiU did very well in Japan in its opening. However, overall its a bit lower than Wii was. Still, I think WiiU is doing very well comparatively to anything else. Anyone having expectations that it will match Wii, clearly doesn't understand the monster Wii was for its first few years.

Since I don't like numbers and need colorful, crossing lines, I slapped this together for the US:

I'll do the other regions too, when there are more numbers available. Or someone else does it, I don't care.

Europe looks pretty bad, since the PS3 sold gangbusters the first week. No surprise since the console launched in march here.

US looks pretty good for Wii U and all consoles launched in November there, so it's pretty comparable.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.