By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global up 24th November 2012 (Black Friday and Wii U week)

HappySqurriel said:
DanneSandin said:
Great, great numbers for xbox360!

And that's some pretty impressive attach rate on NSMBU and NintendoLand!

ZombiU doing almost 100k, and having an attach rate of 20% is pretty good as well! Wonder what Ubisoft thinks of those numbers... Any one knows have the other 3rd party games on Wii U fared??

I think Ubisoft would have to be pleased with the ZombiU sales ATM ...

While they don't have any sales numbers associated with them, I suspect the sales of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (#35), Assassin's Creed 3 (#40), Disney's Epic Mickey 2 (#51), Scribblenauts Unlimited (#59), Sega All Star Racing Transformed (#60), and Batman: Arkham City are all in line with expectations being that they all probably have an (above) 10% attach rate. Whether or not these games are "successful" in the eyes of the publisher will probably depend on their attach rate staying relatively high worldwide over the next several months.

I'm eager to hear what the 3rd party publishers have to say! This could tell us how much support Wii U will get later on... AT least until x-mas 2013...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
Nsanity said:
We know the majority of this weeks Forza 4 sales came from bundles, so why leave out Skyrim numbers?

Same reason they left out Halo Reach numbers before.

VGChartz ignores digital downloads.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Largely dissapointed with the 3DS numbers. It is also Nintendo's fault for not releasing any major software for the systems during the holydays. Paper Mario will not do much.
At least the early 2013 line-up seems solid.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

2011 2012
X360 1,302,261 982,471 -24.6%
PS3 832,249 643,109 -22.7%
Wii 866,825 387,463 -55.3%
DS 340,017 332,879 -2.1%
3DS 891,302 615,127 -31.0%
PSP 189,577 52,488 -73.3%
WiiU N/A 470,099 N/A
PSV N/A 141,221 N/A
Total 4,422,231 3,624,857 -18.0%

really DS?

VGC numbers tend not to be too accurate this time of the year, but assuming they're correct:

Very good X360 and PS3 numbers considering their age.

OK 3DS numbers, but it's not the holiday monster that DS was. A DS line handheld shouldn't be outsold by home consoles, especially when they're this old.

Good debut for WiiU, quite successful. However, it's early next year when we can start to judge its sales.

Vita... to be blunt, it's fucking atrocious, it should be selling this on its lowest week of the year, not one of the highest. I pity it.

Kinect still moving HW apparently.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network

Psv + Psp '12 = Psp '11
coincedence?

Lost all hope for vita after this week. That thing required games months ago.

Great starting week by the Wii U ... the 3DS gets rescued only due to Japan.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

whats the major software coming out for the Xbox or 360 in the next few weeks...

sales for games seem well down from last year when you had BF3, MW3 and Skyrim getting epic sales

DanneSandin said:
HappySqurriel said:
DanneSandin said:
Great, great numbers for xbox360!

And that's some pretty impressive attach rate on NSMBU and NintendoLand!

ZombiU doing almost 100k, and having an attach rate of 20% is pretty good as well! Wonder what Ubisoft thinks of those numbers... Any one knows have the other 3rd party games on Wii U fared??

I think Ubisoft would have to be pleased with the ZombiU sales ATM ...

While they don't have any sales numbers associated with them, I suspect the sales of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (#35), Assassin's Creed 3 (#40), Disney's Epic Mickey 2 (#51), Scribblenauts Unlimited (#59), Sega All Star Racing Transformed (#60), and Batman: Arkham City are all in line with expectations being that they all probably have an (above) 10% attach rate. Whether or not these games are "successful" in the eyes of the publisher will probably depend on their attach rate staying relatively high worldwide over the next several months.

I'm eager to hear what the 3rd party publishers have to say! This could tell us how much support Wii U will get later on... AT least until x-mas 2013...

I'm of the opinion that the Wii U was likely to have strong third party support (compared to the Wii) until at least Christmas 2014 regardless of how these games performed. Companies can do a minimalist port from the XBox 360/PS3 for very little money (probably about $1 Million as a guess), and can create a truly dedicated version of the game for the Wii U for less than most Wii games cost; and there is (probably) a lot of money to be made adding the Wii U to cross platform development with the XBox 360 and PS3 even with rather poor sales.

IMO the first year of sales for the Wii U (when the PS4 and XBox 720 are not on the market) will impact third party support in 2015, and the following years will impact 2016 and beyond. As a guess, I would expect most publishers are primarily focused on cross-generational development for 2014 at the moment (design around PS3/XBox 360 and enhance for next generation consoles) and if the Wii U sells well they will continue this strategy into 2015. For 2016 (and beyond) sales of the Wii U have to be strong enough to justify it being the lead platform, or sales for the PS4/XBox 720 have to be poor enough to disqualify them as the lead platform, to continue this kind of strategy; which is possible but difficult to expect without knowing anything about the PS4/XBox 720.

We know the 360 and Nintendo numbers are on par with released PR numbers, but Sony hasn't said a word, who knows how well they did. i was hoping a higher number than wiiu in the US.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)