By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global up 24th November 2012 (Black Friday and Wii U week)

Did anyone check the Number 99 of the list?
"Steel Diver"

Around the Network
ironmanDX said:
S.Peelman said:
Man. Vita. Can we now finally say the system is done for? The sales are amazingly bad.

I think 3DS underperformed too, but I guess DS's super-boost took away 3DS's thunder. WiiU did good, it's software did great. 360 is beast, but this is the USA so that was expected. PS3 did fine, but no match for 360. Wii is a surprise, congrats on the 40m. Finally, CoD seems to be slowing down (?).

Sony said don't judge it's sales until after it's first Christmas!!! Jeez!!!

Na, it's quite abysmal sales wise given it's direct competition out-sold it at about  5 to 1...

Oh yeah, let's give it another month before we make up our minds .

Nsanity said:
007BondAgent said:
ironmanDX said:
007BondAgent said:
360 did amzing numbers in america, but if you take away those numbers away, it get's quite sad, microsoft better hold onto america

Why would you? It's the biggest market in the world. You want to pretend those people, ( WHAT DO YOU MEAN THOSE PEOPLE!!! ) just vanish of the earth? I've read similar comments before. It is just an odd way of looking at it.

No ahaha, usa is obviously going to be counted, i meant if you take those numbers away, you can see microsoft still has a long way to go

Your posts dont make any sense.

I think it's pretty obvious where i'm going here, the 360 performs strong on the usa, but not elsewhere.

Nsanity said:
We know the majority of this weeks Forza 4 sales came from bundles, so why leave out Skyrim numbers?

Because it's digital, just like Halo Reach last year.

007BondAgent said:

I think it's pretty obvious where i'm going here, the 360 performs strong on the usa, but not elsewhere.

So what? USA is so big that makes the most sold console there a viable platform.

Around the Network

What was that about Vita overtaking 3DS this week?

Seriously, nice reality check.

Very nice attach ratio for MariU

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Frank_kc said:
Barozi said:
Frank_kc said:

I would not get hyped for such numbers, we know that adjustments will be coming post x-mass as it happens every year. 

Last years Black Friday sales were accurate. Christmas was overtracked.

Thanks Barozi for the information. I would not doubt that numbers would be accurate for NA since both Microsoft and Nintendo gave actual sales numbers. However, I am thinking more about accurcy of numbers in Europe.

i am not one of those guys who believe the crisis in many european countries will kill sales of everything but i really believe people in countries like spain have other problems atm so this could be the reason why the new slim and evrything doesn't sell much more in europe.

i mean, ps3 lost i believe 24% in europe compared to last year black friday week and xbox 360 lost 33% or something so maybe ps3 would have also lost 33% without new slim.

that's obviously only a guess.

POE said:
Did anyone check the Number 99 of the list?
"Steel Diver"

Must be from all the Black Friday deals. It was heavily discounted on Amazon, I know that. Still is, actually.

DanneSandin said:
Great, great numbers for xbox360!

And that's some pretty impressive attach rate on NSMBU and NintendoLand!

ZombiU doing almost 100k, and having an attach rate of 20% is pretty good as well! Wonder what Ubisoft thinks of those numbers... Any one knows have the other 3rd party games on Wii U fared??

I think Ubisoft would have to be pleased with the ZombiU sales ATM ...

While they don't have any sales numbers associated with them, I suspect the sales of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (#35), Assassin's Creed 3 (#40), Disney's Epic Mickey 2 (#51), Scribblenauts Unlimited (#59), Sega All Star Racing Transformed (#60), and Batman: Arkham City are all in line with expectations being that they all probably have an (above) 10% attach rate. Whether or not these games are "successful" in the eyes of the publisher will probably depend on their attach rate staying relatively high worldwide over the next several months.

Damn just realized Vita only did less then half that of Wii and DS....

I can't seem to find GT5 on the USA charts unless I missed it. Thought it was bundled.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.