By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Mini is real, 99 dollars, Dec. 7

Feels like it should be $79 with those features stripped out. I mean, you could argue that if you were planning on getting some of the games bundled with Wii anyways it has been $99 or less already.

I am not sure who this will appeal to, maybe Canadians could shed light considering it is exclusively (at first at least) for them.

Around the Network

Apple is gonna sue them.

99$/€ for that, while original wii with 2 games is 129€ in most stores. Sounds like a good deal!

Actually this might sell for prisoners, since at least in my country they can't have internet capability on any of their personal stuff. That sounds really pretty good, something to do for them which in most cases(games) is not even too violent.

This has win written all over it, except, they took out wifi and the video services/network. That was stupid.

For $99, people would have bought it for a few games and netflix. Now you just have a few games... plus no online, granted, Wii's online was never a selling point. I barely used it... ever. But netflix was a good sell.

happydolphin said:

And getting VC/Wiiware games is gone... I don't even know if it'll load them from an SD card.

I was aware of the updates being close to over, but still the Wii will probs be supported for at least 2 more years, so disk updates are a good workaround.

Overall, I'm not sure this was so useful to remove. Wifi-only would've been fine.

There is no SD card... removes hackability.

This is simply a Wii disc playing console only.

Around the Network

they will sell a lot of these

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Canada only. Shouldn't really affect Wii U much if at all then..

pezus said:
Their errors:
1) No online
2) Only in Canada
3) Only in Canada

4) No more game support from Nintendo

I fixed the typos.

Why's everyone complaining about wifi? Everybody knows the Wii can't go online.

pezus said:
happydolphin said:
pezus said:
Their errors:
1) No online
2) Only in Canada
3) Only in Canada

4) No more game support from Nintendo

I fixed the typos.

Is that not correct, though?

Hehe, I was kidding. (ie jokingly saying that that's not an error, Canadians are just awesome like that, they get more :3)