By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Mini is real, 99 dollars, Dec. 7

System looks good.

Would buy if I didn't have a Wii already, and if it came to Europe ofcourse. The lack of WiFi wouldn't be a problem per se, personally I rarely went online on the Wii and I take it the target audience doesn't game online anyway. Still, assuming it has the same OS as the regular Wii and if this thing has a USB port, what happens if you use the ethernet adapter? One thing though, they should've included Wii Sports Resort or something at least.

BasilZero said:
(..)

Pretty good alternative and one that will push forth total Wii sales...or will it be counted as a whole new system due to the size and drastic changes?

They will be counted as Wii sales (officially anyway). The PSOne sales are counted as PS sales when it was released at the end of the PS's life. And the NES and SNES redesigns too I think.

Around the Network

I will buy ut day ine and keep it sealed forever

Switch!!!

happydolphin said:
Rafux said:
Overpriced.

For who? The market spans beyond the core crowd, you agree?
Also, Superchunk compared the price value with the other Wii offerings, I'm sure you read it.

For everyone, I can get a Wii for 140$ with wifi, GC compatibility and a game. I never read any of superchunk posts.

Like most people: Love the design, hate the lack of online/SD card. For what it is with its lack of features it should be cheaper; around $79.99. But damn, it looks nice and has "trendy" written all over it.

Huh... The rumors were right after all.

Should be priced at $79 at max since they've removed all the extra features.

Around the Network

People say Sony remove features on their redesigns.....

Rafux said:

For everyone, I can get a Wii for 140$ with wifi, GC compatibility and a game. I never read any of superchunk posts.

True, but it is a small form factor and 40$ cheaper without features that certain customers don't need. For certain people it may be worth their money.

But if it's overpriced for you, I can understand that. For everyone, m maybe not.

That's such a bad idea. I wish they wouldn't have done that.

Edit: I get that the price might be consumer friendly but seriously, you should just save up for a Wii U instead. It would most likely be a better idea.

superchunk said:
People keep mentioning "only in Canada" while failing to realize it also says "during the holidays".

It will be worldwide after January. Probably in multiple colors too.

Canada's a test market. Nintendo's not the first company to throw a product to mini-America and see how it does. If Canada rejects it, they can make changes or quietly discontinue it while minimizing brand damage in more important markets.

The big question is: How much do people care about WiFi?

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

TheFallen said:
People say Sony remove features on their redesigns.....

I'll be upset with nintendo over this if they do it to the WiiU in 2 years instead of at the literal end of its life.

Check out my Youtube Let's Play channel here.