By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pachter: Nintendo Needs More Exclusives to Beat PS3 and Xbox360

happydolphin said:
DanneSandin said:

But the question is if THQ would go exclusive for a while (or a whole generation)... They'd lose out on their PS360 fans that bought Darksiders1&2 and many other games that haven't shown up on a Nintendo console...

Yes, it could be a fantastic opportunity for Nintendo to get 2ns party studios, or simply giving them projects to do and paying them to develop games. But have they? Not as far as I know. The only game they swooped up is Bayo2... And that's a fault from Nintendo imo. They're not doing enough to secure games.

We ultimately agree.

As for THQ, well, it's not like they have the longer end of the stick, if you know what I mean. When you have no choice, anything'll do.

We usually do, don't we? =)

I really do hopw Nintendo scoops up THQ, or at least some of its franchises!! would be kinda awesome.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

You guys act like a bunch of hienas. Disgusting. I love THQ games, I've spent a lot of great time playing them and I hope they can bounce back without losing a single IP! They have South Park and new Company of Heroes on the way, so I hope they manage to muscle through. I don't want their games to become limited only to the Wii U and it's hardware limitations. If Nintendo wants a franchise, it can create one. They got Xenoblade, they can make something else. I love THQ games the way they are and don't want Nintendo to mess around with it and make them more family friendly, cause let's face it - it would happen!

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Scisca said:
You guys act like a bunch of hienas. Disgusting. I love THQ games, I've spent a lot of great time playing them and I hope they can bounce back without losing a single IP! They have South Park and new Company of Heroes on the way, so I hope they manage to muscle through. I don't want their games to become limited only to the Wii U and it's hardware limitations. If Nintendo wants a franchise, it can create one. They got Xenoblade, they can make something else. I love THQ games the way they are and don't want Nintendo to mess around with it and make them more family friendly, cause let's face it - it would happen!

All of this is speculation of what Nintendo can do to get exclusives. of course we don't want THQ to fail!

Soundwave said:
If they were going to buy the Darksiders franchise, why not just keep the team that made the first two games?

I'm sure the team would be quite happy to find a new employer rather than everyone have to find new jobs.

yes, that's what we're sayin (I think) nintendo don't have enough studios as it is to make the games we all want, and wouldn't be able to take on another ip.

DanneSandin said:
Scisca said:

All of this is speculation of what Nintendo can do to get exclusives. of course we don't want THQ to fail!

And we certainly would not want Nintendo to dilute anyone (except HW, that can't be helped, but isn't the be all end all of gaming either).

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
DélioPT said:

I think Nintendo could do a great work with the franchise!
The series has great potential.

I think so too! I'm currently playing the first game, and I really like it! Unfortunately I'm playing on PC, so the controls kinda suck...  But I wouldn't want it to become... Japanised.

I only played the demo of the first one and was really impressed! Yes, it may be a little non-original but i`m sure Nintendo, or any other second party, could do some changes.

DélioPT said:
DanneSandin said:
DélioPT said:

I think so too! I'm currently playing the first game, and I really like it! Unfortunately I'm playing on PC, so the controls kinda suck...  But I wouldn't want it to become... Japanised.

I only played the demo of the first one and was really impressed! Yes, it may be a little non-original but i`m sure Nintendo, or any other second party, could do some changes.

I'd be pretty happy with Nintendo simply stepping in and publish the game (and therefore having some input) and Vigil developing it

DanneSandin said:
DélioPT said:
DanneSandin said:
DélioPT said:

I'd be pretty happy with Nintendo simply stepping in and publish the game (and therefore having some input) and Vigil developing it

Like they did with Ninja Gaiden. I can see that working.

DélioPT said:
DanneSandin said:
DélioPT said:
DanneSandin said:
DélioPT said:

Like they did with Ninja Gaiden. I can see that working.

yup!!