By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: OG 3DS getting price drop to $139 in 2 weeks; Blue 3DS XL w/ Mario Kart 7 for $199 coming (UPDATE: May just be discount?)

I wonder what they will give away through the Ambassador Program now...

Have a nice day...

Around the Network

I don't believe it. They already had a big price cut a year or so ago, and they need 3DS profits to compensate for Wii U loses.

Love and tolerate.

2013 should be a real good year for 3DS with this price plus fire emblem, luigi's mansion, animal crossing, monster hunter and hopefully smash bros

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I don't buy it. 3DS is finally hitting its stride with software releases in the West, with Luigi's Mansion, Monster Hunter, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, and Castlevania all coming in the first half of 2013. A price drop like that would just cheat Nintendo out of profit from selling consoles for the next six months.

I don't think the losses for Wii U will be that high since Reggie said it would only need one game attached per console to turn a profit, but a price cut for 3DS should still be discouraged in order to keep things stable.

Around the Network

If its making a profit at 170 then maybe at 140 it only needs one game sold to turn a profit just like wii u

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Salnax said:
I don't believe it. They already had a big price cut a year or so ago, and they need 3DS profits to compensate for Wii U loses.

There is not really much of a Wii U loss though. Wii U + one game gets them into profit zone. I am sure everyone will be picking at least one game with a new console. No?

green_sky said:
Salnax said:

There is not really much of a Wii U loss though. Wii U + one game gets them into profit zone. I am sure everyone will be picking at least one game with a new console. No?

I was also thinking about marketing and R&D costs.

Love and tolerate.

I just saw another thread saying DS outsold it this week, i think that could that be a reason for the price cut

ok, just saw Reggie's comments on what has to be lower than expected sales over Black Friday for 3DS. Now I see why they may be doing another price drop.