By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The REAL Problem With Xbox Live (OPINION)

VGKing said:
MB1025 said:
I hate the argument with the Apps. No one is buying an Xbox to watch Netflix as the number 1 reason to get it. Netflix is an app/service that Xbox Live Gold members get to use. So please stop using that baseless argument.

If Sony started charging for their online service will you pay it so you can play online? Because if you do you and everyone else who has complained over the years then become hypocrites.

Don't worry, they won't.

They already have the optional Playstation Pluss subscritpion which actually offers value. 

So you think PS+ is there for them to keep giving away free games? There is no way they make money from that service. That is there to test the waters on a subscriptioned based service for online play. PS+ will be part of that and I am sure MS will adobt there own version of it. Next gen I would say there is an 80 percent chance Sony charges for online play.

So when Sony does start charging all those hypocrites will have no problem paying for it.

Around the Network
riderz13371 said:
Lostplanet22 said:
Like I said, Sony fans are getting very desperate....What is next threads how PS3 is more powerfull than the Wii U? I wished Sony had made some (great) games for them this holiday...

Like I said, I was writing this article in the perspective of a gamer not a Sony/Nintendo fanboy. If only you took the time to read after the first sentence.

no this was not from a gamers perspective.  This was from your perspective.  People who play on XBL are happy with it.  Not going to lie, all these threads are getting annoying real quick and I believe you've made a few of them, I could be wrong but it really is getting tiring.  People could easily make threads bashing PSN or PSN+ which Im 100% positive is your favorite platform so if you are going to keep making these type of threads that draw console wars prepare.

BTW Im not even positive that Part chat came out when you said you were on XBL.  It was just cross game private chat for a long time.

VGKing said:
MB1025 said:
I hate the argument with the Apps. No one is buying an Xbox to watch Netflix as the number 1 reason to get it. Netflix is an app/service that Xbox Live Gold members get to use. So please stop using that baseless argument.

If Sony started charging for their online service will you pay it so you can play online? Because if you do you and everyone else who has complained over the years then become hypocrites.

Don't worry, they won't.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Sony can't afford to make the losses they made with the PS3 again with the PS4

riderz13371 said:
slowmo said:
Pretty sure you experienced neither Party chat or Netflix on the 360 5 years ago which basically makes your opinion worth jack shit as you are unable to quantify objectively how it compares to the service offered by the PS3. How is this baiting thread still open when this whining has been done to death already in hundreds of threads.

Please release some games soon Sony and give your bored fans something to do with their time instead of hating on superior products...

Party Chat - Talk to friends while they play other games

Netflix - Same as on PS3 and Wii. What's the difference other than paying twice?

All these articles are justifiable. Dude listen I could care less if you spend your money paying for xbox live. More power to you. I just feel really bad that Microsoft is getting away with it. Don't bring in the Sony vs Microsoft vs Nintendo shit in here. As I said I was writing this in a gamers perspective, not a fanboy perspective. 

You do realize that you make comparisons in your op between microsoft and sony right?  You brought the sony vs microsoft vs nintendo shit in with your op...

Euphoria14 said:
MB1025 said:
enditall727 said:
MB1025 said:

Sony WON'T 

I wouldnt pay for that sh!t. I wouldn't pay for Nintendos online either if they pulled an MS and that's saying a lot because Ninty and Sony have the best games

MS will probably do L how PSN is now next gen if Sony can deliver with their online service

Why wouldn't Sony? No one is going to Nintendo to play the hardcore titles online just because it is free. People would have no choice but to pay. That is why Sony would do it.

I think it's because the would have started that with the Vita. Sony may end up adding to Plus to make it more enticing, but many don't believe they will include online play as a pay or don't have it option.

Although never say never am I right? It could be the way they remove the bullshit online pass.

Do they use those on XBox? No right?

They couldn't have started with the Vita because they would then have to impliment it with PS3 since you have a lot of cross gaming going on. Both those systems are linked.

Around the Network
MB1025 said:
enditall727 said:
MB1025 said:

Sony WON'T 

I wouldnt pay for that sh!t. I wouldn't pay for Nintendos online either if they pulled an MS and that's saying a lot because Ninty and Sony have the best games

MS will probably do L how PSN is now next gen if Sony can deliver with their online service

Why wouldn't Sony? No one is going to Nintendo to play the hardcore titles online just because it is free. People would have no choice but to pay. That is why Sony would do it.

Because PSN is still missing sh!t that live has. How many Active Live Gold subscription are there today? I think remember it being at like 20-40 million a few years back. How much has that grown since then?

man-bear-pig said:
VGKing said:
MB1025 said:

Don't worry, they won't.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Sony can't afford to make the losses they made with the PS3 again with the PS4

It is the easiest way to make money. Microsoft and Sony have their established base and no one is going to go play COD, BF, or any other AAA multiplatform game on Nintendo. So if Sony tomorrow said we are charging 60 bucks a year for online gaming what are people going to do? They will be forced to get it. If I was in charge of Sony I would have done it 2 years ago. It is not like I will lose anymore customers to Microsoft because they have the same options.

MB1025 said:
Euphoria14 said:
MB1025 said:
enditall727 said:
MB1025 said:

Sony WON'T 

I think it's because the would have started that with the Vita. Sony may end up adding to Plus to make it more enticing, but many don't believe they will include online play as a pay or don't have it option.

Although never say never am I right? It could be the way they remove the bullshit online pass.

Do they use those on XBox? No right?

They couldn't have started with the Vita because they would then have to impliment it with PS3 since you have a lot of cross gaming going on. Both those systems are linked.

I'm pretty sure Vita is going to work together with Ps4 as well. Nothing worse than hitting someone with new cost and taking away previously free of cost features halfway through a life cycle.

I think they should make all online pass code downloads free for Plus subscribers. That way used game buyers have great incentive to spend the $50 annual cost.

Now consumers they would otherwise make no money on would spend on Plus and all the used games and free games they get might bring in additional revenue with dlc purchases.

Its one option I think they could do that wouldn't piss any current customers off.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

enditall727 said:
MB1025 said:
enditall727 said:
MB1025 said:

Sony WON'T 

Because PSN is still missing sh!t that live has. How many Active Live Gold subscription are there today? I think I remover it be at like 20-40 million a few years back. How much has that grown since then?

40 million was the last number I saw. That is over half their user base paying for the service. Until that number falls to around 30 percent MS has nothing to worry about.

Don't know why OP is getting all the hate. I though the article was well thought out and didn't take too many personal jabs at microsoft.
With that said, as a Sony gamer I agree. Xbox live is overall the better experience pound4pound, but price is an obstacle.

Put party chat on PSN and I wonder what the real differences would be..... But Sony doesn't like to please their fans so that's probably not going to happen :(

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros