By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 Sells Out During Black Friday.

"It seems not even Microsoft itself could keep up with the rising demand of Xbox 360 consoles. The image shown on the right is a screenshot of the current Microsoft Store, the website is currently sold-out of 50% of the console bundles normally available. This is just after Black Friday, unless stocks are replenished before Cyber Monday, you can expect even more bundles to sell-out online across various retailers. Microsoft has over five console-bundles to choose from, including limited-edition bundles which are themed after popular games. This can make shopping for the best bargain difficult when having to compare so many bundles, inclusions and variants across multiple online stores."

A day later, it's fully stocked again:
http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/list/categoryID.57397800

Screenshot is as useless as ever.

Author says 50% of the console bundles were sold out, yet thinks there are only 5 console bundles.

Around the Network

I have a more interest in the DSiXL and the PSVITA this year than the Xbox 360 so that's one more Xbox 360 for that lucky someone who really wants one. What? Did someone say that there are still plenty on store shelves? Oh, nevermind then...

See, here's how it works.
Everyone has already bought a 360, and the ps3 is cheap, so since people don't have ps3s this year, that's going to be what they get for christmas. Hah! Brilliant move by Sony, MS didn't see that coming.

Starting to get sad now...

LivingMetal said:

I have a more interest in the DSiXL and the PSVITA this year than the Xbox 360 so that's one more Xbox 360 for that lucky someone who really wants one. What? Did someone say that there are still plenty on store shelves? Oh, nevermind then...

So nice of you to give the spot to someone else. That way, we'll actually have someone on XBL who actually wants to be there. 

Yay!!!

Around the Network

Full the love of god. Microsoft has like 5 different bundles available and 3 of them are Holiday bundles. We are not just talking about 1 Holiday bundle like Sony has. So of course you are going to see a lot more Microsoft consoles on shelves.

250 GB HD, Forza 4, Skyrim, and BO 2

250 GB HD Forza 4 and Skyrim

4 GB HD with Disneyland and Kinect Adventures

4GB HD with Skylanders

Halo 4 Bundle

We also don't know how many each company shipped and we sure as hell can't be using 5 posters local area as a measuring stick for the entire country.

Slimebeast said:
kowenicki said:
Slimebeast said:

How many people buy gaming products from an online Microsoft Store?

Lol. Straight in... Must.... Down..... Play.... 

i don't think that's the point.

have a little think. 

lol at you Kow. You do the same when it's Sony stuff. Fast as a shark.

So what's the point of this news then, what meaningful conclusions do you draw from it?

The conclusion is in the thread title

Xbox 360 bundles arent sold out, half of them are, but they are saying if they dont replenish them by Cyber Monday they will be sold out.

NobleTeam360 said:
Slimebeast said:
kowenicki said:
Slimebeast said:

How many people buy gaming products from an online Microsoft Store?

Lol. Straight in... Must.... Down..... Play.... 

i don't think that's the point.

have a little think. 

lol at you Kow. You do the same when it's Sony stuff. Fast as a shark.

So what's the point of this news then, what meaningful conclusions do you draw from it?

The conclusion is in the thread title

That Microsoft Online Stores represent the overall console market?

I'm afraid MS online stores only stock a few thousand of these bundles at most, and with such a small segment of the market we can't draw any statistical conclusions.

If anything I believe VGC has overtracked the X360 a bit in the last months. Shipment numbers are bismal.

Slimebeast said:
That Microsoft Online Stores represent the overall console market?

I'm afraid MS online stores only stock a few thousand of these bundles at most, and with such a small segment of the market we can't draw any statistical conclusions.

If anything I believe VGC has overtracked the X360 a bit in the last months. Shipment numbers are bismal.

So I looked up the word 'bismal'.

n. A bluish-gray voluminous powder, consisting of the bismuth salt of methylene-digallic acid, the latter being a condensation-product of formaldehyde and gallic acid (4C15H12O10 + 3Bi(OH)3). It is an internal astringent.

Dude, that's just damn cruel.  Uncalled for.  This begs for moderation.