By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 Sells Out During Black Friday.

Farsala said:

Kind of obvious, on black friday the 360 is really popular and tends to sell higher then expectations. So not a big surprise that it is sold out everywhere.

Monday, November 26th, 2012. First picture is as you walk into the store, second is infront of their electronics department, this is the same pile they had on Black Friday when I was in store.

Around the Network

lol so sensitive. Ok so 360 isnt 100% sold out.

But Im sure its more sold out then PS3 is. Thats the point and all this spin and Skylander screenshots aint changing that

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

"Sold out" used to mean just that. Almost none available anywhere or none left

Now I have no idea what it means anymore. It's all to localised. Sold out in New York but 1m available in Jersey.

X360 will whup PS3 this holiday and PS3 will slowly make the gains back over the rest of the year. This has happened for the last two years and I don't see that changing.

Nothing new here. Same same.

pezus said:
sales2099 said:
lol so sensitive. Ok so 360 isnt 100% sold out.

But Im sure its more sold out then PS3 is. Thats the point and all this spin and Skylander screenshots aint changing that

"more sold out" is an oxymoron. It's either sold out, or it's not.

You know what I mean. We all read between the lines in this thread.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Neither console/portable is really sold out this Black Friday.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
Neither console/portable is really sold out this Black Friday.

Exactly theres plenty of stock for both consoles.  No shortages

Who will let their console out of stock anyway?more in stock,more buyer

Xbox360 sold 750k in the Black Friday week

http://majornelson.com/2012/11/27/xbox-360-black-friday-report/

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Xbox 360 sold more than 750,000 consoles in the U.S. alone –exceeding internal forecasts.
Three month Xbox LIVE Gold Subscription sales increased more than 50 percent compared to last year’s Black Friday week.
We saw incredible activity on Xbox over the weekend. For example, on Sunday alone we had more than 14 million people on Xbox LIVE across the world, racking up more than 72 million hours of use in just one day.
Compared to 2011, we’ve seen a 43 percent increase in U.S. entertainment application hours logged on Xbox LIVE during the week of Black Friday.

* Sunday, Nov. 18 – Friday, Nov. 23

small44 said:
Xbox360 sold 750k in the Black Friday week

http://majornelson.com/2012/11/27/xbox-360-black-friday-report/

That's put 360 near 900k WW for this week.