By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 Sells Out During Black Friday.

360 isn't going to get close to selling out lol. But I think it will certainly have the strongest holiday season.

Around the Network
fillet said:
leo-j said:
PS3/*****/Vita where huge from what I have seen..

Put that magnifying glass down.

the vita and ps3 bundles completely sold out..

mM
shakarak said:
360 isn't going to get close to selling out lol. But I think it will certainly have the strongest holiday season.

I disagree.. I truely believe that once shipment numbers are in, the ps3 will likely have outshipped the xbox 360 meaning outsold the xbox 360 for the quarter including the holiday period..

mM
Ji99saw said:
NightDragon83 said:
Meanwhile, I was in my local Best Buy yesterday and saw these bundles in droves sitting on shelves, along with the PS3 bundles, although there were fewer of those than the 360 bundles.

Online is always going to sell out faster because it's more people going to one retail source with a limited supply. Most brick and mortar stores have plenty of PS360 bundles left.

That funny I was at walmart the other day and didn't see any Xbox bundles or Wii's but I saw racks (two or three)full of PS3's must vary depending on where you live

Exactly, each area will be different.

I wonder what makes these differences though?? i.e  wealth of the area, ethnicity, democarats vs republicans lol.

I did a good bit of shopping today and did not see any significant sellouts on consoles (as in there were a good quantity of each in stock, barring WiiU of course).

Did not look very closely, but I always look at the game section at this time of year out of curiosities sake. 6 different stores (Gamestop, Walmart, Target, Bestbuy, a second Walmart and a second Bestbuy).

This means nothing in the grand scheme of things, but I found it interesting.

I do think we are all going to be surprised by the lack of sales this week.  I have seen a surprising lack of Console Holiday Ads on TV, maybe a few here and there. (there were so many last year it was insane)

Around the Network

Headline is misleading

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Ssenkahdavic said:

I did a good bit of shopping today and did not see any significant sellouts on consoles (as in there were a good quantity of each in stock, barring WiiU of course).

Did not look very closely, but I always look at the game section at this time of year out of curiosities sake. 6 different stores (Gamestop, Walmart, Target, Bestbuy, a second Walmart and a second Bestbuy).

I do think we are all going to be surprised by the lack of sales this week.  I have seen a surprising lack of Console Holiday Ads on TV, maybe a few here and there. (there were so many last year it was insane)

Judging by the posts of thhis thread some shops are sold out and some arnt depending on were you live. If anything I say there may be a huge readjustment than Lack of sales because of this inconsistency.

I am predicting high numbers and readjusted down heavily, If what you saw in stores is the norm compared to the sell out stores.

Kind of obvious, on black friday the 360 is really popular and tends to sell higher then expectations. So not a big surprise that it is sold out everywhere.

Cobretti2 said:
Ssenkahdavic said:

Judging by the posts of thhis thread some shops are sold out and some arnt depending on were you live. If anything I say there may be a huge readjustment than Lack of sales because of this inconsistency.

I am predicting high numbers and readjusted down heavily, If what you saw in stores is the norm compared to the sell out stores.

Based on how they are calculated here, its very possible.  All depends on the area.  Even after any adjustments, I still think it will be lower than the majority of people here believe. 

Farsala said:

Kind of obvious, on black friday the 360 is really popular and tends to sell higher then expectations. So not a big surprise that it is sold out everywhere.

It's not.