By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If you could make an exclusive for one of the Big 3, who would you choose?

Who would you choose?

Nintendo 68 32.08%

Microsoft 51 24.06%

Sony 91 42.92%

Total:210
bouzane said:
slowmo said:
bouzane said:
slowmo said:
Microsoft, more chance of a third party exclusive selling on the 360 and hence make a lot of money.

Depends upon the genre. Racing and fighting games are typically more popular on the PS3. Sandbox games also seem to do very well along with soccer and JRPGs.

If I did a game it would be a RPG so I think I guessed right .  I agree genre is important as Mad World would have sold a lot better on PS3 and 360 imo.

Then I'd say that you chose well. Also, I agree about Mad World, it would likely have performed better on the other systems. BTW, how would you describe your RPG

Id love to create a story in the Blade Runner universe.  Perhaps the development of a new detective building to the main goal of tracking down Deckard.  Failing that its a zombie survival adventure, lots of room for character development. 

If all else fails, try to remake Alien Olympics for the modern generation (sports title)

Around the Network

Nintendo. A game that combines Metroid with Minecraft would be a nice fit on a dual-screen system, I think...

Why combine Metroid and Minecraft? Because I'd love a little more depth and survival focus in Metroid, and I'd love to have some sort of brilliant level structure and vastly better gameplay in Minecraft.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Queuing_for_PS4 said:

Sony. Unlike Microsoft, who look for the $$$ in a game and mass appeal, Sony gives more creative freedom to devs. This year alone we've had Journey and Unfinished Swan. Microsoft? Gaylo. Same old, same old from good ol' Microsoft.

User has been permabanned ~Barozi

I don't like the way newcomers like this get permabanned. Give them a chance! They're unaware of the rules and a couple of days ban would've sufficed to teach them what to do and what not to do. This guy could've been the new Badgenome or something, but we'll never know...

Each brand has its benefits but then each brand has exceptions to the rule.

Nintendo: 

• Make a great game on one of their portables and it would likely be ignored or sell modestly regardless of quality (999, RE:R).  
  • Make it for the Wii and it will be seen as underpowered and won't sell unless it's directed towards "casual" audiences
  • Make it for the Wii U...that's a wild card.  If the game is really good and takes advantage of the hardware, it would likely garner a lot of internet praise and lure more gamers towards Nintendo's newest console.  Also, the competition isn't quite there, yet.  The time to release a new and awesome IP is right now.

Sony: 

• Releasing a Sony portable is pretty much suicide.
  • Releasing on the PS3--I'm not sure if any third party exclusive shy of Metal Gear Solid 4 has sold extremely well.  Even the mighty Valkyria Chronicles limped to a million with sub MSRP prices.  I bought it for less than $20 long before it reached that milestone.
  • Certain genres do better on Playstation platforms but only certain big titles in those certain genres do well time after time. It would be hard for a new franchise to break the glass ceiling.

Microsoft:

• They only have the one platform and third party exclusives are extremely rare these days (unless it's for XBLA or Kinect).  It's a bit of an unknown.
  • Xbox gamers buy a lot of games but they seem to follow what's popular.  New titles have a hard time breaking in when the audience is trained to buy Gears, Halo, Forza, and Fable.

I'd say that, if I were to release a game for just one console, I'd release it for the PS3.  Though I hate the practice, Sony fans seem to advertise any game believed to be exclusive for you.  Agent was one of the best games this gen despite the fact that all we ever saw was a logo.  The game would have the potential to sell more on Xbox 360 (and yes, it's not about some artistic vision.  It's about sales.) and it could stand out on a Nintendo platform that's still being established but on a PS3, I think the game is almost guaranteed to do at least decent numbers--as long as it's good.  Sony fans just seem to be more willing to embrace the unknown while Microsoft and Nintendo fans seem to enjoy more familiar fare.

F0X said:
Nintendo. A game that combines Metroid with Minecraft would be a nice fit on a dual-screen system, I think...

Why combine Metroid and Minecraft? Because I'd love a little more depth and survival focus in Metroid, and I'd love to have some sort of brilliant level structure and vastly better gameplay in Minecraft.

But isnt that more Sonys philosophy from a first party perspective? Create and play? 

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
F0X said:

But isnt that more Sonys philosophy from a first party perspective? Create and play? 

You mean "Play. Create. Share."? That's not quite what I was going for, because it's not going to have that much of a creative focus. If I added a level editor of some sort, that would make sense. I'd might even get Sony to publish it then...

WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

man-bear-pig said:
Queuing_for_PS4 said:

Sony. Unlike Microsoft, who look for the $$$ in a game and mass appeal, Sony gives more creative freedom to devs. This year alone we've had Journey and Unfinished Swan. Microsoft? Gaylo. Same old, same old from good ol' Microsoft.

I don't like the way newcomers like this get permabanned. Give them a chance! They're unaware of the rules and a couple of days ban would've sufficed to teach them what to do and what not to do. This guy could've been the new Badgenome or something, but we'll never know...

Well, they could've always lurked moar. I did that for a month or so before joining.

I would make it for Sony, they seem to be the ones who encourage creative and unique titles. Don't get me wrong but Nintendo seem to perfect a few genres like platforming but not go out there and create new ones, like Sony does. There will be nothing like Heavy Rain ever again and it exists because of Sony, the same with loads of other games.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

man-bear-pig said:
Queuing_for_PS4 said:

I was new like that only a few months ago and never got banned as i knew posting comments like that would get me banned.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

the2real4mafol said:
man-bear-pig said:
Queuing_for_PS4 said:

I was new like that only a few months ago and never got banned as i knew posting comments like that would get me banned.

Not everyone is as intelligent as you though. 

Besides, I'm pretty sure that I led this guy here from posting VGChartz articles on N4G, so he's probably used to much more relaxed moderation regarding Sony fanboyism :P