By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which will sell more? COD series (PS3) or Halo series (Xbox/Xbox360).

Which will Sell more?

Halo series (Xbox/Xbox360) 10 32.26%

COD series (PS3) 21 67.74%

Total:31

So as I mentioned before Halo 4 launched in this thread: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=148751 The two series are actually remarkably close.

The COD series (PS3) is at 51.35m while the Halo series is at 51.60m. A difference of just 250k

This makes it interesting for Halo 4 vs COD: BO2 (PS3).

Halo 3 sold 11.64m

COD: MW3 (PS3) sold 12.50m

Difference: 860k

(860k-250k=610k.

If we ignore any future releases for the franchises, which is going to sell more? There's been talk of COD slowing down, and Halo 4 perhaps selling even better than Halo 3. Either way, it might actually be pretty close.

Around the Network

Halo 4 has no chance of outselling BO2 (PS3). BO2 (PS3) has sold more in its FW than Halo 4 has in 2 weeks.

Halo 4 will sell 10m max and BO2 (PS3) will sell 11m-12m.

So...there's no chance in hell Halo 4 will outsell BO2 (PS3) by 250k (which is what would be needed for it to overtake the CoD series on PS3).

kowenicki said:
kind of a pointless thread. the outcome is obvious.

a better one is Halo4 v GT5. biggest exclusive face off.

Good idea...I'll make that one.

I was going to troll this thread but I see its not really necessary.

I'll have to agree with Kowenicki. BOII will sell over 10 million easily while Halo 4 will struggle to over it. If it had 2 or 3 years of selling it wouldn't be a problem but a new Microsoft console release will probably stall the sales.