By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How I imagine all the Nintendo fans on VGchartz act like.

happydolphin said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Monolith is first party, yes...it does sound weird saying it though since I grew up playing their games on the PS2. It's kind of like playing a Rare game on the Xbox...just feels weird. lol

Wow S.T.A.G.E.... really? A game's a game man.

I know, I certain games come with a face when you grow up with it. Can you imagine Super Mario as a Playstation game? Neither can I. Anything can happen which it certainly does, but I am sure you get my point. I wasnt arguing that it wasnt though, I am just talking about what I grew up playing on the PS2.

Around the Network
PullusPardus said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
noname2200 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Gnac said:

Name the core third party titles on Wii. Go on! See if you can name more than a dozen without demonstrating how shit third parties can be.

Madworld

The Last Story

Xenoblade chronicles

Muramasa

Red Steel 2

Okami

No More Heroes

Couldn't name more than a dozen, eh?

Or even reach a half-dozen, for that matter.

More than likely could, but those were some of the games that are still on my mind as to buy a Wii or even a Wii U for BC. Apparently to Pullus they weren't good enough because apprently they are all shit.

what? how did I come into this?

when did I say they're shit?

Sorry, mixed you up with Oniyide.

Hynad said:

Hum... Do you know what first-party stands for?

Because... Mistwalker isn't a Nintendo first party studio.  You're confusing the words developer and publisher.

Mistwalker isn't a Nintendo first party studio.

But that's irrelevant, because The Last Story is a first party game. Which is the topic at hand.

F0X said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mr Khan said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
noname2200 said:
Mr Khan said:

Or go without naming first-party titles.

That's why he only gets credit for five!

None of those games were first party. 

Monolith is a majority-owned Nintendo subsidiary.

The Last Story is only not first-party if you live in America.

Monolith is first party, yes...it does sound weird saying it though since I grew up playing their games on the PS2. It's kind of like playing a Rare game on the Xbox...just feels weird. lol

Not quite, unless Sony had a majority stake in Monolith.

They didn't. It's kind of like growing up with DMC on Playstation, it kind of becomes an unofficial face.

Cobretti2 said:

S.T.A.G.E. just because your mum baught you a nintendo console when you were 4 doesn't mean your next door neighbours mother didn't buy them a playsation (assuming a playstion was around when you were four).

I remember when Zelda launched on WIi and Gamecube a woman come into EB games and said to the guuy can I please get zelda for my son's playsation.

Now unless her sun is a lazy fuck teen, I am pretty sure the kid was releatively young and owned a playstation 2.

Another example is Halo 4 launch, Go on facebook to EB Games AUS page and look at all the halo 4 paunch photos they did in front of the green screen. More than half the photos show where kids who haven't even or bearly hit puberty with thier parents picking up Halo 4 at midnight launch.

The fact is you jsut want to see what you want to see. Just because a few of your mates only game on X, Y or Z doesn't auotmiatically make a video game console not a toy for kids/teens.

Look at WiiU videos on youtube, half the guys posting videos are in their 30s.

I bet if you went out on a street and surveyed mothers what they think and xbox or ps3 was, they would say a toy for my kids. I bet if you served some young adults not wanting to look dorky in front of their friends they would make the same call as you have on what is a kids toy and what isn't.

chuck norris bought a wii u

Around the Network

wow,nice drawing device,looks bloody expensive,what do they retail for

Above & Beyond

S.T.A.G.E. said:

They didn't. It's kind of like growing up with DMC on Playstation, it kind of becomes an unofficial face.

Yeah, I Know what you mean now. Felt like that to me when Megaman and Final Fantasy went to the playstation platform. It was very weird.

happydolphin said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Yeah, I Know what you mean now. Felt like that to me when Megaman and Final Fantasy went to the playstation platform. It was very weird.

Interesting. I never knew Final Fantasy was on Nintendo until I got past into highschool and was wondering why they only got Chronicles.