By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How I imagine all the Nintendo fans on VGchartz act like.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Gnac said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

The PC gamers can have their graphics war with themselves while enjoying console multiplats and bragging about nothing to their elitist friends. The console gamers are where the bulk of the money thats flowing through this industry is coming from. PC devs are warming up to consoles big time especially when some of them are being bought out by EA. Ever thought you would see the day that Battlefield and Crysis would be majorly played on consoles? Get ready for next gen.

This paints a bleak future for gaming as a whole. PC gamers get ports of PC-wannabe games from consoles, while console elitists dickfight over tech-specs as though they were PC enthusiasts.

And people dare to criticise Nintendo for not touching any of this with a shitty stick.

If Nintendo was dominating, everyone would still consider videogames toys and not large scale electronics. 

"Large Scale Electronics" are PCs , not consoles, consoles are fixed "pick up and play" gaming devices.

if your idea of "flowing money" then you are also wrong, the money is flowing mostly in phones not consoles, do you want consoles to go away because developers are focused on phones? same thing with PCs , do PC gamers want developers to go away because they are focused on consoles?

if you are to "shun" a platform that you don't use that can be used to develop unique games may it be PC, Phones , Handhelds, consoles or whatever, you are not doing the industry any favor , you are killing it, 

also nintendo is trying to differentiate their consoles and handhelds from PC gaming, by adding gimmicks that adds a reason to own the console.

for example, since I have a powerful PC that runs a game , I see no point in owning this said game on a console, since it is going to run better.

as for Nintendo , for example what they did with Batman and AC 3 , its a unique control method and interesting too.

of course there are exclusive games that makes people buy a console, but really if you have your PC that can run games better than consoles, why buy it on consoles?

Around the Network

HAHAHAAHHAHAHAAHHA

S.T.A.G.E. just because your mum baught you a nintendo console when you were 4 doesn't mean your next door neighbours mother didn't buy them a playsation (assuming a playstion was around when you were four).

I remember when Zelda launched on WIi and Gamecube a woman come into EB games and said to the guuy can I please get zelda for my son's playsation.

Now unless her sun is a lazy fuck teen, I am pretty sure the kid was releatively young and owned a playstation 2.

Another example is Halo 4 launch, Go on facebook to EB Games AUS page and look at all the halo 4 paunch photos they did in front of the green screen. More than half the photos show where kids who haven't even or bearly hit puberty with thier parents picking up Halo 4 at midnight launch.

The fact is you jsut want to see what you want to see. Just because a few of your mates only game on X, Y or Z doesn't auotmiatically make a video game console not a toy for kids/teens.

Look at WiiU videos on youtube, half the guys posting videos are in their 30s.

I bet if you went out on a street and surveyed mothers what they think and xbox or ps3 was, they would say a toy for my kids. I bet if you served some young adults not wanting to look dorky in front of their friends they would make the same call as you have on what is a kids toy and what isn't.

PullusPardus said:
S

also nintendo is trying to differentiate their consoles and handhelds from PC gaming, by adding gimmicks that adds a reason to own the console.

for example, since I have a powerful PC that runs a game , I see no point in owning this said game on a console, since it is going to run better.

as for Nintendo , for example what they did with Batman and AC 3 , its a unique control method and interesting too.

of course there are exclusive games that makes people buy a console, but really if you have your PC that can run games better than consoles, why buy it on consoles?

Because i want to relax, lie, sit, and what not when i'm playing a game. Hence I will game from my couch looking at the TV that displays a game run by a console. And no, i won't hook up my PC to my TV and so won't millions of others.

And yes, gaming is still frowned upon if you are an adult.

weaveworld said:
PullusPardus said:
S

Because i want to relax, lie, sit, and what not when i'm playing a game. Hence I will game from my couch looking at the TV that displays a game run by a console. And no, i won't hook up my PC to my TV and so won't millions of others.

And yes, gaming is still frowned upon if you are an adult.

You can sit , lay down and relax while playing PC games, I have it hooked on the same tv that I hooked my consoles on.

and at the bolded, can you tell me why ?

Around the Network

Sure.

My PC is standing on the other side of the room, same as in many houses where PC's sometimes are confined to study's or even only make it to the kids rooms.I can't be bothered setting it up like that which would cost me even more money while im fine with the way it is.

You surely know that the people on these forums do not represent the majority of gamers.

weaveworld said:

Sure.

My PC is standing on the other side of the room, same as in many houses where PC's sometimes are confined to study's or even only make it to the kids rooms.I can't be bothered setting it up like that which would cost me even more money while im fine with the way it is.

You surely know that the people on these forums do not represent the majority of gamers.

how much exactly would it cost you to move your pc to your living room? (or the room you play your consoles on)

I know @ bolded

PullusPardus said:
weaveworld said:

Sure.

how much exactly would it cost you to move your pc to your living room? (or the room you play your consoles on)

I know @ bolded

It actually is standing in the living room, just on the other side of the living part of the room. It would probably just cost me a 6 meter cable, which I would have to make disappear. And still, somehow...

Although my TV is big, I really don't like all that media junk slapping you in the face when you enter a living room. So I wouldn't want the Desktop visible there. Besides when working/writing i would like to sit up in a good chair. (you know, old back and stuff)

You ofcourse can make the case that it wouldn't be too much trouble for me to fix that but I don't see the need. I like playing the console, I don't need the best graphical experience. Like i said, i'm fine the way i am. I just commented on your question as to why people would buy a game on a console when they have a powerful PC present that could make the game perform better. I guess there still is a gap between the 2 types of 'gamers'.

weaveworld said:

It actually is standing in the living room, just on the other side of the living part of the room. It would probably just cost me a 6 meter cable, which I would have to make disappear. And still, somehow...

Although my TV is big, I really don't like all that media junk slapping you in the face when you enter a living room. So I wouldn't want the Desktop visible there. Besides when working/writing i would like to sit up in a good chair. (you know, old back and stuff)

You ofcourse can make the case that it wouldn't be too much trouble for me to fix that but I don't see the need. I like playing the console, I don't need the best graphical experience. Like i said, i'm fine the way i am. I just commented on your question as to why people would buy a game on a console when they have a powerful PC present that could make the game perform better. I guess there still is a gap between the 2 types of 'gamers'.

Two types of gamers?

Christ I am getting dizzy reading this.

Maybe I should just stand aside and regain my balance while these two factions fight each other.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

oh i'm sorry, in the old days Pc-gamers frowned upon console gamers as for not playing the 'real thing'. (that's what i heard at least ;P)