By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How I imagine all the Nintendo fans on VGchartz act like.

weaveworld said:

oh i'm sorry, in the old days Pc-gamers frowned upon console gamers as for not playing the 'real thing'. (that's what i heard at least ;P)

Real what thing? Like shooters? Then console gamers are still not playing the real thing to this day lol. Same applies to WRPG, RTS or MOBA. You really just get a console for JRPGs or good exclusives if you have a PC since you can also run most of the platformers on PC. I mean, it's cool to make games more accessible so they sell more copies, I'm totally down with that too, it just really sucks for veteran gamers sometimes.

Around the Network
Gnac said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Gnac said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Bull. When the Playstation first came out people became open to the possibilities of a CD player playing music in a videogame consoles. The PS2 leveled out expensive DVD players costs  (150 M+) in the early 2000's (The Xbox contributed to 24 M DVD players) which brought the cost down to market price. The PS3 dropped the price of Blu Ray and now look how many people have them in their home. The Xbox, PS3's and Wii run steaming movies, allowing for video chat and other things. As you can see Nintendo was trying to catch up there, but the Wii is the only console thats considered a toy by the media and Nintendo will always have that stigma.

This stigma exists only in the minds of people who have an elitist attitude. Fortunately, these people are in such a minority as to have minimal effect on the market. However, this minority seems to make up the majority of commentators on gaming-related forums, and tries fruitlessly to influence the majority of consumers, even going so far as to force their nostrodamic opinions on others.

It has nothing to do with elitism. My mother bought me a Nintendo as a toy when I was 4, is she elitist? No, she thought it would be a good way to pass the time. The people who call it a toy are in the minority, but they predict the way the majority will react to it. The majority did not buy the Wii to take it seriously, the core did and the sales of third party core titles speak for themselves. Most people who buy the 360 and PS3's spent more time with their consoles. Ask yourself...how can a console that had 90 million people on it have the lowest amount of multimedia use as well as online gaming use? I guess the nielsens were wrong. 

Yes.

Minority decides what minority thinks, that is all.

Name the core third party titles on Wii. Go on! See if you can name more than a dozen without demonstrating how shit third parties can be.

I spent six years in bed with my wii, and so did the majority. I bet that's more time than every console combined, ever, including the Wii itself.

I don't need to ask myself things because I KNOW EVERYTHING.

Madworld

The Last Story

Xenoblade chronicles

Muramasa

Red Steel 2

Okami

No More Heroes 

Those games I remember clearly just to name a few. Those were the games that attracted me to the Wii in the first place. Third parties made some of the games quickly as a casual cash grab because they knew exactly who are the majority who bought the Wii.

weaveworld said:

oh i'm sorry, in the old days Pc-gamers frowned upon console gamers as for not playing the 'real thing'. (that's what i heard at least ;P)

They did. When Nintendo was on top Arcade gamers picked on console gamers too.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Gnac said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Gnac said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Bull. When the Playstation first came out people became open to the possibilities of a CD player playing music in a videogame consoles. The PS2 leveled out expensive DVD players costs  (150 M+) in the early 2000's (The Xbox contributed to 24 M DVD players) which brought the cost down to market price. The PS3 dropped the price of Blu Ray and now look how many people have them in their home. The Xbox, PS3's and Wii run steaming movies, allowing for video chat and other things. As you can see Nintendo was trying to catch up there, but the Wii is the only console thats considered a toy by the media and Nintendo will always have that stigma.

This stigma exists only in the minds of people who have an elitist attitude. Fortunately, these people are in such a minority as to have minimal effect on the market. However, this minority seems to make up the majority of commentators on gaming-related forums, and tries fruitlessly to influence the majority of consumers, even going so far as to force their nostrodamic opinions on others.

It has nothing to do with elitism. My mother bought me a Nintendo as a toy when I was 4, is she elitist? No, she thought it would be a good way to pass the time. The people who call it a toy are in the minority, but they predict the way the majority will react to it. The majority did not buy the Wii to take it seriously, the core did and the sales of third party core titles speak for themselves. Most people who buy the 360 and PS3's spent more time with their consoles. Ask yourself...how can a console that had 90 million people on it have the lowest amount of multimedia use as well as online gaming use? I guess the nielsens were wrong. 

Yes.

Name the core third party titles on Wii. Go on! See if you can name more than a dozen without demonstrating how shit third parties can be.

I spent six years in bed with my wii, and so did the majority. I bet that's more time than every console combined, ever, including the Wii itself.

Madworld

The Last Story

Xenoblade chronicles

Muramasa

Red Steel 2

Okami

No More Heroes 

Those games I remember clearly just to name a few. Those were the games that attracted me to the Wii in the first place. Third parties made some of the games quickly as a casual cash grab because they knew exactly who are the majority who bought the Wii.

to be fair, xenoblade and last story are not 3rd party games, and those might be the two best games on your list IMHO

oniyide said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Gnac said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Gnac said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Yes.

Madworld

The Last Story

Xenoblade chronicles

Muramasa

Red Steel 2

Okami

No More Heroes 

to be fair, xenoblade and last story are not 3rd party games, and those might be the two best games on your list IMHO

Fine, second party. Those are must haves for the core though.

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:

S.T.A.G.E. just because your mum baught you a nintendo console when you were 4 doesn't mean your next door neighbours mother didn't buy them a playsation (assuming a playstion was around when you were four).

I remember when Zelda launched on WIi and Gamecube a woman come into EB games and said to the guuy can I please get zelda for my son's playsation.

Now unless her sun is a lazy fuck teen, I am pretty sure the kid was releatively young and owned a playstation 2.

Another example is Halo 4 launch, Go on facebook to EB Games AUS page and look at all the halo 4 paunch photos they did in front of the green screen. More than half the photos show where kids who haven't even or bearly hit puberty with thier parents picking up Halo 4 at midnight launch.

The fact is you jsut want to see what you want to see. Just because a few of your mates only game on X, Y or Z doesn't auotmiatically make a video game console not a toy for kids/teens.

Look at WiiU videos on youtube, half the guys posting videos are in their 30s.

I bet if you went out on a street and surveyed mothers what they think and xbox or ps3 was, they would say a toy for my kids. I bet if you served some young adults not wanting to look dorky in front of their friends they would make the same call as you have on what is a kids toy and what isn't.

Im in my 20's but my mother thinks like many other mothers in America born in her time period (shes not American though). Shes not tech savy and when I started to majorly get into videogames she thought it was trivial when it was her who bought me my first game console without me asking for it. I guess she was just following the holiday trends like mothers bought the Kinect because of Oprah or something. I just spoke to her and she said basically this "I thought the Nintendo was just a simple game or toy that you could play with when you were bored, I didnt know it would turn into this huge piece of electronics that does everything including playing movies. I haven't seen you buy a legititamate DVD player in years, so It guess you saved money." If I told her that huge rift was because of Sony she wouldn't know the difference, she just looks at whats hot on tv and she still does today.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
oniyide said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Gnac said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Gnac said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Yes.

Madworld

The Last Story

Xenoblade chronicles

Muramasa

Red Steel 2

Okami

No More Heroes 

i dont know man, I thought Madworld was kinda lame, NMH is one of the most boring games ive ever played personally and it was ported later, Okami from what i hear is great but taht was released on two other systems. Muramasa as fun as it was, i wouldnt say that is a game taht people HAVE to play. I loved RS2, but that is another game that i wouldnt say is a must have for cores

oniyide said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
oniyide said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Gnac said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Gnac said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Yes.

Madworld

The Last Story

Xenoblade chronicles

Muramasa

Red Steel 2

Okami

No More Heroes 

i dont know man, I thought Madworld was kinda lame, NMH is one of the most boring games ive ever played personally and it was ported later, Okami from what i hear is great but taht was released on two other systems. Muramasa as fun as it was, i wouldnt say that is a game taht people HAVE to play. I loved RS2, but that is another game that i wouldnt say is a must have for cores

If those aren't for the core, then I must ask what is for the core?

S.T.A.G.E. said:
oniyide said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
oniyide said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Gnac said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Gnac said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Yes.

Madworld

The Last Story

Xenoblade chronicles

Muramasa

Red Steel 2

Okami

No More Heroes 

im not saying their NOT for the cores, im saying those games are not MUST HAVEs. IMHO a must have game is something akin to the BATMAN arkham games, none of those games IMHO are even close to the caliber of Batman. To put it another way i dont think those are games that make someone say "man, i need a Wii just for that" or to put it even another way If a core gamer never played those games, i dont think he/she would be really missing much

oniyide said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
oniyide said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
oniyide said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Gnac said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Gnac said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Yes.

Madworld

The Last Story

Xenoblade chronicles

Muramasa

Red Steel 2

Okami

No More Heroes 

im not saying their NOT for the cores, im saying those games are not MUST HAVEs. IMHO a must have game is something akin to the BATMAN arkham games, none of those games IMHO are even close to the caliber of Batman. To put it another way i dont think those are games that make someone say "man, i need a Wii just for that" or to put it even another way If a core gamer never played those games, i dont think he/she would be really missing much

The Wii has had no such thing on it. Those games are only on the PS3 and 360. The Wii U is just getting them and its too late pretty much.