By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Wishes Nintendo Success -- Nice Story

Tagged games:

Takes Sony to be in a difficult situation for Jack Tretton to take a more humble polemic. But I am for it, good on him.

Around the Network

Well, that's a 1:lots ratio of nice to dick comments.

If he keeps it up I might forgive him.

I LOVE ICELAND!

He didn't like the taste of his foot in his mouth after his "baby-sitting machine" comment. He learned his lesson. Smart man.

I believe all three companies want each other to succeed, they just want to be the one to come out on top. It is bad for the gaming industry if any of them fail.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
NobleTeam360 said:
animegaming said:
why can't fanboy's be as nice as sony cause lets face without any of them we won't have as many great games

Agreed, I wish fanboy's would disappear Sony doesn't care if you like them neither does MS so when i see someone defending a console as if they were the ones who made it I can't help but chuckle inside. 

Always reminds me of this great Seinfeld bit:

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:

I have a lot of respect for Jack Tretton. He stole the show at E3 2012, and I agree with his thoughts on free-to-play.

In the most recent Official Playstation Blogcast, he had some words of encouragement for a rival company: Nintendo.

they certainly surprised a lot of people with the success of the Wii. They’ve got great heritage in their first party development, and I’m interested to see what happens with it.

What do you guys think?

it's kinda like one of those things tho where someone congratulates another sports teams efforts but then sort of at the same time mentions their biggest weakness wrapped to sound like a good thing. This sort of term could very easily be him drawing attention to their rough footing with 3rd parties on pretty much every system since the Snes, always been Nintendos issue, how can you attract a 3rd party to make a cool platformer or karting game on the same system as Mario/Kart.

I could be reading too much in between the lines, but yeah this is the same man who not 12 months ago said nintendo made babysitting toys.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

It's normal for these gaming giants to take the mickey out of each other, doesn't mean they're assholes. Words of encouragement are rare though so that's nice.

Veknoid_Outcast said:

"Rising tide lifts all boats. Any time there is attention to the industry, any time there is attention to gaming it’s a good thing for us.

i'm not sure that statement is actually correct, at least it didn't seem true for other generations (ds vs. psp, ps2 vs. GC/xbox, apple vs. 3ds/vita) but hey ... fairly nice words.  in honor of this good spirit i think i will not say any bad things about nintendo for a week.  good luck with your launch nintendo.

The Wii U failing would show that the gaming industry is shrinking. Sony cannot in its current situation afford shrinking gaming market.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

The Wii U failing would show that the gaming industry is shrinking. Sony cannot in its current situation afford shrinking gaming market.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.