By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Wishes Nintendo Success -- Nice Story

Tagged games:

I have a lot of respect for Jack Tretton. He stole the show at E3 2012, and I agree with his thoughts on free-to-play.

In the most recent Official Playstation Blogcast, he had some words of encouragement for a rival company: Nintendo.

"Rising tide lifts all boats. Any time there is attention to the industry, any time there is attention to gaming it’s a good thing for us.

It takes a village of creativity to ultimately push technological boundaries. I think Nintendo has a great heritage in the business, they certainly surprised a lot of people with the success of the Wii. They’ve got great heritage in their first party development, and I’m interested to see what happens with it. But I think anything that draws attention to gaming is good for companies like us that live and die in this business, so I wish them a lot of success."

This is just a nice story especially amid so much sniping going on between Sony and Nintendo fans. Obviously, Tretton wants Sony to beat Nintendo, but I really appreciate this kind of professional courtesy.

What do you guys think?

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/11/jack_tretton_wishes_nintendo_every_success_with_wii_u

Around the Network

Nintendo payed him to say nice things... i never once heard jack say 1 nice thing against their rival company's ever. lol

Sony just wants Nintendo to succeed so that they have someone to copy.

Sony are without a doubt the kindest company in the gaming industry, microsoft could learn alot from them

007BondAgent said:
Sony are without a doubt the kindest company in the gaming industry, microsoft could learn alot from them

what load rubbish   http://www.azubu.com/archives/4065

Around the Network

Playstation & Nintendo are by far the best. Its a shame they never worked together properly! i hope one day (big hope) we get a Battle Royale/Smash Bros battle up! the best games together.. MIND BLOWN

why can't fanboy's be as nice as sony cause lets face without any of them we won't have as many great games

animegaming said:
why can't fanboy's be as nice as sony cause lets face without any of them we won't have as many great games

Agreed, I wish fanboy's would disappear Sony doesn't care if you like them neither does MS so when i see someone defending a console as if they were the ones who made it I can't help but chuckle inside. 

Wait... Jack Tretton said this!?  Well then...

NobleTeam360 said:
animegaming said:

Agreed, I wish fanboy's would disappear Sony doesn't care if you like them neither does MS so when i see someone defending a console as if they were the ones who made it I can't help but chuckle inside. 

Always reminds me of this great Seinfeld bit: