Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Am I a jerk? I got a WiiU Deluxe on accident...

Khuutra said:
Player2 said:

The question is if the extra internal storage and Nintendoland was worth its consequences, like all the thinking and this thread. It looks like it wasn't.

I don't think it can be undone now, but now you know if something similar happens again.

Well certainly he could undo it, relatively easily

Do you think the store will accept it? He has updated the system, and probably created his profile.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
Player2 said:

The question is if the extra internal storage and Nintendoland was worth its consequences, like all the thinking and this thread. It looks like it wasn't.

I don't think it can be undone now, but now you know if something similar happens again.

Well certainly he could undo it, relatively easily

I don't know, now two things have happened that would make it not so easy to undo--

1) I've tied my Nintendo Network ID to that WiiU.  I'm sure it can be transferred somehow, but I don't know if that's easy.  Still though, that's my fault and not really the worry of Gamestop.

2) That Wii U is now used.  If I were to right the wrong and return the Wii U then they would have a used Wii U on their hands.  The person who preordered that Deluxe and didn't get a Deluxe still wouldn't be made whole by Gamestop since they're expecting a new Wii U.  

It's not an impossible thing to undo and it's not my choice if the other person wants a used one or not, but it's not easy anymore (though it not being easy now is completely my fault, which I'm fine with  ).

Serious Doucheonmandick move. That was someone else's by what you said. Imagine if it happened to you, that is all you have to do and then you'll know. If you can sleep at night knowing you are using an employee's honest mistake as a way to cover up your own greed, then by all means keep it. I would be pissed if my special edition of Uncharted 3 (the only "special" release I have ever bought) had been given out by someone's fault and another's dishonesty.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

No your are not morally or legally wrong, the onus falls on the retailer. Something similar happened to me but when selling. I sold my Ipod touch 3rd Gen to cex http://uk.webuy.com/ but when trying to input the serial code from the back, they couldn't as it was too scratched. So they hooked it up to check the sytem info, and the guy gave me the selling receipt for a 4th Gen ipod touch! I got an extra £50. Although I didn't even try to tell them, so maybe I was wrong.

PSP Lifetime more than PSV+3DS Lifetime.

Hm. I think you should told him that he brought you the wrong console. Probably the guy who sold you the false console will get some trouble later on.

I don't think 50$ are worth such an unethical, selfish behaviour. But some people think that money makes you happy and perhaps for some people this is true.

Around the Network

To answer the question... nope. Employee is stupid.

I won't call you any names, but I wouldn't have done the same.

You should always point out the cashier's mistake, however small. They're only human.

If pointing it out doesn't work, then EXPLAIN the mistake. You just asked him to check if he got the right item, and he obviously doesn't know where to look. If you would have explained it to him, it would have been solved. And you would have felt alot better about yourself.

On the one hand, I'd say that's a bit unethical. On the other hand, I don't know if I would have done any different tbh haha

Just enjoy it! :p

Sensei said:
lol that's funny.

At least you've tried to warn him.

Let's just hope the poor guy won't have to pay the difference. :(

I hope not!

I take back what I said. I would have given it back/corrected the employee. I'm not judging, just saying! :p

Here is the thing I dont get as someone who worked for a video game store. When you sell any item even pre-ordered items that were fully paid for. You scan the item and then apply the pre-order credit. The staff member would of had to have a basic console there to scan.

You need to check the UPC on the receipt and see if it matches your consoles. If It does you got what you was supposed to get and there is no problem.