By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Am I a jerk? I got a WiiU Deluxe on accident...

The clerk's a jerk.

Around the Network

maybe twesterm deserved the upgrade,maybe the guy or girl who might have been (we don't know) inconvenienced did twesterm a disservice in this or a past or even future life,we just do not know,the universe is a large and undiscovered place and the universe offered up twesterm a WiiU deluxe and twesterm took up this offer,here endeth the sermon,amen

@chocco a good song

Above & Beyond

twesterm said:

I don't know, now two things have happened that would make it not so easy to undo--

1) I've tied my Nintendo Network ID to that WiiU.  I'm sure it can be transferred somehow, but I don't know if that's easy.  Still though, that's my fault and not really the worry of Gamestop.

2) That Wii U is now used.  If I were to right the wrong and return the Wii U then they would have a used Wii U on their hands.  The person who preordered that Deluxe and didn't get a Deluxe still wouldn't be made whole by Gamestop since they're expecting a new Wii U.  

It's not an impossible thing to undo and it's not my choice if the other person wants a used one or not, but it's not easy anymore (though it not being easy now is completely my fault, which I'm fine with  ).

Easiest mehtod: take it in with your receipt, explain what happened, do a return/resell. You keep the unit - that mistake can't be undone - and you just pay the difference. You save the store a lot of hot water and you pay for what you walked out with. That's as much as you can do at this point so your conscience woudl be as clean as possible.