By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Who got a WiiU? First impressions? EU LAUNCH TIME!

Did you get a WiiU today?

Yes, I love it! 273 33.58%

Yes, I sold it! 13 1.60%

Yes, I regret it! 27 3.32%

No, no stock! 50 6.15%

No, waiting for games/price reduction! 95 11.69%

No, not interested! 113 13.90%

Results! 238 29.27%

Total:809

75% done dowloading the uppdate :)

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network
TheLastStarFighter said:
You never feel like your gaming alone. If you're feeling down, just boot up the WiiU and your immediately hit by messages from fellow gamers having fun, posting sketches of games, asking questions...it's awesome!

My only problem is that the drawings that pop up (voted up a lot) are just too damn good.  It makes me feel inferior with how well some of these drawings are.  It is like Swapnote (have a few friends that can draw really good) times a million.... 

sethnintendo 2 minutes ago
TheLastStarFighter said:
You never feel like your gaming alone. If you're feeling down, just boot up the WiiU and your immediately hit by messages from fellow gamers having fun, posting sketches of games, asking questions...it's awesome!

My only problem is that the drawings that pop up (voted up a lot) are just too damn good. It makes me feel inferior with how well some of these drawings are. It is like Swapnote (have a few friends that can draw really good) times a million....

Haha, I thought the same thing! I couldn't get over the artistic skill on MiiVerse. Not just one or two, but it's an endless stream of talented Nintendo fans posting quality sketches.

Updates take a long assed time. The controller is nice and light. I love the screen size too. About to give Nintendo Land a go then I will be up the mall later for a coupl of games. Happy days!

Finally, the Rock has come ba...no wait. I got my Wii U!

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Around the Network

Nice WiiU there!

This update-can it be downloaded in the background?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Played about 45 mins of ZombiU and thought it was great. Slow and very tense. Using the gamepad for looting stuff and your backpack etc is very clever as well.

I got on an hour ago and I'm updating it now. can't figure out how to play while it is downloading the update though

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

pezus said:
NA gamers will act as beta testers for Europeans and the Japanese so there is something positive about getting it late at least. Plus, you will know which games are must buys and which not.

Must buy if you have family or friends that you will play with

• Nintendo Land
  • New Super Mario Bros U

Must buy if you like a challenge

• ZombiU
  • Ninja Gaiden 3 - Razor's Edge

Must buy if you want the best of the 3rd party games for your new Wii U

• Darksiders 2
  • Assassin's Creed 3
  • Call of Duty - Black Ops 2

Must buy if you like smaller downloadable titles

• Nano Assault Neo
  • Trine 2
  • Mighty Switch Force
  • Little Inferno

I am sure there are a few other games that people will recommend, but I am only speaking about the ones I got and am very happy with.

The only games I got which I didn't like

• Rabbids Land (party game limited to 2-player mini-games and a crappy board game portion) 
  •  

Roma said:
I got on an hour ago and I'm updating it now. can't figure out how to play while it is downloading the update though

Don't start the download/update and it will do it in the background. Once you done using it for normal use, you can go to Download Manager and choose option to have it finish download and then shut down (will also do the install).