By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Who got a WiiU? First impressions? EU LAUNCH TIME!

Did you get a WiiU today?

Yes, I love it! 273 33.58%

Yes, I sold it! 13 1.60%

Yes, I regret it! 27 3.32%

No, no stock! 50 6.15%

No, waiting for games/price reduction! 95 11.69%

No, not interested! 113 13.90%

Results! 238 29.27%

Total:809

Hey everybody! I wanted to wait a couple of days/weeks before getting my Deluxe Edition since the bad news regarding the U.S. launch updates etc. got me a little worried. I didn't expect the Wii U to sell out in Germany (at least not across local retailers) but Amazon.de seemed to have run out of their second batch of consoles and now some shady retailers are selling the _regular_ Deluxe Bundle for 459,83 EUR (!!!) at http://www.amazon.de/Nintendo-Wii-Konsole-Premium-schwarz/dp/B0090LFL0E/ref=sr_tr_sr_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1354278464&sr=8-2 so I am starting to get a bit nervous... I went to a department store today (a big chain at least in the south of Germany, not focused on but also selling some electronics) and the staff told me they only got a total of three (!) Wii U (a basic one, a deluxe one and the ZombiiU edition) and she told me they were not allowed to order/reserver more. The ZombiiU version was sold when the store opened at 9 but the other two are still there. Now I am afraid if I don't buy one now I will have to wait a couple of weeks instead of days... :-/

Any other experiences from German users?

Around the Network

All of you guys come to the friend thread and post your Nintendo Network ID!

Come hang out with the Yanks in Miiverse and play games together!

Sommernacht said:

Hey everybody! I wanted to wait a couple of days/weeks before getting my Deluxe Edition since the bad news regarding the U.S. launch updates etc. got me a little worried. I didn't expect the Wii U to sell out in Germany (at least not across local retailers) but Amazon.de seemed to have run out of their second batch of consoles and now some shady retailers are selling the _regular_ Deluxe Bundle for 459,83 EUR (!!!) at http://www.amazon.de/Nintendo-Wii-Konsole-Premium-schwarz/dp/B0090LFL0E/ref=sr_tr_sr_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1354278464&sr=8-2 so I am starting to get a bit nervous... I went to a department store today (a big chain at least in the south of Germany, not focused on but also selling some electronics) and the staff told me they only got a total of three (!) Wii U (a basic one, a deluxe one and the ZombiiU edition) and she told me they were not allowed to order/reserver more. The ZombiiU version was sold when the store opened at 9 but the other two are still there. Now I am afraid if I don't buy one now I will have to wait a couple of weeks instead of days... :-/

Any other experiences from German users?

buy it - or you'll be sorry you didn't!

Nintendo Network ID: DaRevren

I love My Wii U, and the potential it brings to gaming.

Kenology said:

All of you guys come to the friend thread and post your Nintendo Network ID!

Come hang out with the Yanks in Miiverse and play games together!

I shall when I get Internet, stop making this worse for me! :P

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

my first impression? Overall its a great console, it was like playing DS in larger screen. The problem is i really hate the gamepad battery. I hope Nintendo will released the better Gamepad screen and longer battery life.

Around the Network

Its arrived!! Just updating now.

Console looks great, the gamepad seems very comfortable and light and same for the pro controller.

I haven't even touched ZombiU yet and I got it on launch (USA). I have played a decent amount of the games in Nintendo Land and I am enjoying it. However, my main problem is watching Breaking Bad on Netflix on the Wii U (I just started watching the series about a week ago). I am now on the fourth season and pretty soon I will be caught up (Netflix wise). I was waiting for the perfect time to play ZombiU and I believe it will be this weekend.

sethnintendo said:
I haven't even touched ZombiU yet and I got it on launch (USA). I have played a decent amount of the games in NintendoLand and I am enjoying it. However, my main problem is watching Breaking Bad on Netflix on the Wii U (I just started watching the series about a week ago). I am now on the fourth season and pretty soon I will be caught up (Netflix wise). I was waiting for the perfect time to play ZombiU and I believe it will be this weekend.

Yeah, I haven't opened batman yet.  Played a bit of multiplayed Nintendo Land, played through mario and on and off with AC3 and Zombiu.  I probably won't start it till I beat one of the latter 2

Monument Games, Inc.  Like us on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/MonumentGames

Nintendo Netword ID: kanageddaamen

Monument Games, Inc President and Lead Designer
Featured Game: Shiftyx (Android) https://market.android.com/details?id=com.MonumentGames.Shiftyx

Free ad supported version:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.MonumentGames.ShiftyxFree

Think mine has just touched down according to my online status, hope he's delivered it to the correct address

I just got mine even though I pre-ordered it in Canada. They didn't have enough stock to fill all pre-orders at Gamestop, so mine came with a later shipment. It wasn't too bad because I plan to save it for Christmas vacation anyway.

I did open it up and do the update and fool around a bit with the interface. I have to say I'm blown away by the system. MiiVerse is an incredible step forward for online communities. You never feel like your gaming alone. If you're feeling down, just boot up the WiiU and your immediately hit by messages from fellow gamers having fun, posting sketches of games, asking questions...it's awesome! The Gamepad is the absolute best interface for navigating. It's image quality is also excellent...better than my high-end TV actually. The e-shop is excellent and easy to use. The YouTube app is awesome. Web Browser is extremely quick. I feel like I just bought an outstanding tablet mixed with a great new way to watch content on my TV. Also neat is how the sound is split between the TV(or sound system) and Gamepad. The sounds complement each other, making you feel totally emersed in the experience.

I have yet to play a game...gonna try to save it for Vacation as a reward for wrapping up work duties but I don't know if I can do it. I can say without even trying a game yet though that it will be my new platform of choice. MiiVerse takes the feeling of community offered by Live, Acheivements, etc to the next level and beyond. And I really like the feel of the GamePad as a new way to play games. Reminds me of switching from an NES 2-button pad to the 6 offered on SNES. So much more interaction!