By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wiiu RAM 43% slower than PS360 RAM

BluGamer23 said:
walsufnir said:
perhaps sony fans want to fight back because of all the negative threads regarding vita? :)

At this point in time people actually have a point in being negative about the vita.. Im mean how many chances has the vita had? lol almost a year out and still not selling not even just okay selling..

But hey Im not saying to stop the negative threads about every bit of wiiU news.. even the "made up" ones from anonymous people.. lol .. coz its entertaining watching the ps360 fans flip-out pretending to be potential buyers.. LOL!...

None of this threads really reflect real world sales anyway.. its just for entertainment purposes really haha! .. if wiiU is a fun product it will sell.. regardless of how slow the ram is.. or gpu.. or whatever else ppl on forums want to flip out about.. lol. If it is not fun.. it wont.. jus like uhm.. the vita. =)

well, in some way i would consider me also as an x360-fan but this does not mean that i whish the wiiu to fail or that i am happy when the hardware is bad. i really hope that nintendo's system has a lot power under its hood and that it gets more 3rd-party-support than wii. most guys here hope that "their" company "wins" which i still don't understand as this doesn't make games any better/funnier.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
BluGamer23 said:
walsufnir said:
perhaps sony fans want to fight back because of all the negative threads regarding vita? :)

At this point in time people actually have a point in being negative about the vita.. Im mean how many chances has the vita had? lol almost a year out and still not selling not even just okay selling..

But hey Im not saying to stop the negative threads about every bit of wiiU news.. even the "made up" ones from anonymous people.. lol .. coz its entertaining watching the ps360 fans flip-out pretending to be potential buyers.. LOL!...

None of this threads really reflect real world sales anyway.. its just for entertainment purposes really haha! .. if wiiU is a fun product it will sell.. regardless of how slow the ram is.. or gpu.. or whatever else ppl on forums want to flip out about.. lol. If it is not fun.. it wont.. jus like uhm.. the vita. =)

well, in some way i would consider me also as an x360-fan but this does not mean that i whish the wiiu to fail or that i am happy when the hardware is bad. i really hope that nintendo's system has a lot power under its hood and that it gets more 3rd-party-support than wii. most guys here hope that "their" company "wins" which i still don't understand as this doesn't make games any better/funnier.

true.. I game a lot on the 360 but mostly just COD games.. everything else I buy it on PC.. I play Nintendo on handhelds mostly.. gaming background aside.. if there was no such hate and illogical comments about Nintendo I bet there be no hate coming from Nintendo fans.. as most will accept any consoles as long as it is fun.. pretty much the elitist mainly from MS/SONY core side and are very vocal on forums because they are the target demographic of those companies..  but hey I love debating too so its all fun and games to me. Thats why this thread is funny as..

"WiiU RAM 43% slower than PS360 RAM" .. oh noess.. it must mean its worse than last gen!! .. pre-order cancelled!

My brother was telling me something about the wiiU having issues with loading textures is this true? just a general question not trying to start a war lol

animegaming said:
Attoyou said:

Lets not get crazy now. 

should look something like this by end of next gen :

720 =

ps4 =

PC = 

Wii u = 

don't underestmate the heart of the cards!!!!

OMG this was just to much XD I burst into laugther! woke my misses up whos sleeping right beside me LOLOLOLOLOOL

think-man said:
My brother was telling me something about the wiiU having issues with loading textures is this true? just a general question not trying to start a war lol

i saw a thread from turkish iirc where a comparison between batman x360 and batman wiiu was shown. apparently the textures were not fully loaded but this doesn't have to be an issue with the wiiu but with the game itself.

Around the Network
think-man said:

Issues with loading textures.. first question is it from a third party game?.. or maybe even from EA?.. or something.. I wouldnt doubt it man.. I dont have a wiiU yet.. but yes expect crappy ports from third parties initially.... 

BluGamer23 said:
think-man said:

Issues with loading textures.. first question is it from a third party game?.. or maybe even from EA?.. or something.. I wouldnt doubt it man.. I dont have a wiiU yet.. but yes expect crappy ports from third parties initially.... 

I will have to ask him what games he has, Lives overseas so could be a while before I get a reply lol Im pretty sure he has that zombiU game but I just maybe thinking of that because iv read a few threads on it today.

So whats the point in this DRAMA thread? The 360 ram was a bottleneck because it was small not because it was slow. Even IF the WiiU ram is "so slow" there is no problem. The WiiU can still support higher resolution textures everyone with a brain can see this....

Btw how did 17 magically turn into 12.8 or something? And its custom ram its not just standard PC ram noone knows how fast it runs.

This is very bad. This is worst Nintendo launch ever.

I need to explain better to guys here.

The main RAM is slow, it's not fake, it's confirmed buy the chip specs (the Wii U uses either Samsumg or Hynix chips).. run at 12.8GB/s. That's a really bad bottleneck because with this slow main RAM it's impossible to render 1080p or even uses complex filters/textures in 720p.

So Wii U is weak? No, Nintendo resolved (or I expected that) this issue using a lot of eDRAM. The eDRAM could run at super high speeds over 100GB/s or more... so the eDRAM have to do miracles (and I hope so) so put the Wii U in the trails again.

How much the eDRAM help the Wii U to fix the main RAM bottleneck? It's impossible to know for now because there is no much questions about that eDRAM but I can say for sure the eDRAM did a good job.

What it changes for developers? Well the games needs do load assets and works more with eDRAM to avoid the low speed of the the main RAM... so the developers needs to change their games to do that.. so the lazy developers with lazy ports have a big issue here... games ported form PS360 sill sufer with low details and framerate issues in Wii U (eg. BLOPS 2, AC3, ME3, etc). But new games can be made using the power of Wii U (means eDRAM) to run better than the PS360 versions.

So the first-party exclusive games will use all the Wii U power but I don't expect third-party ports with complex 1080p gaphics soon, the third-party port will run worst in Wii U with framerate issues, sacrificing details on screen and less AA.

That's my opinion about the slow main RAM.