By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you have a VIta? If not, why? I want as many responses as I can get!!!!

Do you have a have a Vita? If not why?

Yes, I have one and I'm enjoying it 113 25.92%

Yes, but I'm still waiti... 33 7.57%

No, but I'm buying one this fall 19 4.36%

No, I'm already got a 3D... 59 13.53%

No, waiting for more qual... 40 9.17%

No, the price is too high... 80 18.35%

No, I'm not interested in Handheld gaming 31 7.11%

No, its going to be disco... 59 13.53%

Total:434
huiii said:
Kenology said:
In the OP, you listed PS1 games as part of the Vita library. I think that's one of the problems. When PS+ is a "selling point" (according to many Vita owners), you've got problems. I bought my 3DS to play 3DS games, not so much NES, SNES, GB, and GBC games - though those are nice bonuses.

What do ps1 games have to do with ps+?

Unless you know something i dont, ps+ is offering Uncharted, Gravity Rush and Whipeout plus some psn games, non of these is a ps1 game. And you get all this plus more to come for 50$, if this isn't a selling point i dont know what is.

I don't know.

I read a lot about PS1 classics so I figured it was a part of PS+.  Everyone seems to be using PS1 and PSP games as selling points, and I would rather have Vita games to play primarily. 

This isn't to say Vita doesn't have good games.  Alot of people seem to be enjoying their Vita games.  But there's certainly nothing there with mass appeal to push the system to the masses.  So it'll ultimately remain niche (unless that changes, which I don't see happening).

Around the Network

I think it's an almost perfect system, I'm just waiting for the right time to buy it which will probably be about next month.

Kenology said:
huiii said:
Kenology said:
In the OP, you listed PS1 games as part of the Vita library. I think that's one of the problems. When PS+ is a "selling point" (according to many Vita owners), you've got problems. I bought my 3DS to play 3DS games, not so much NES, SNES, GB, and GBC games - though those are nice bonuses.

What do ps1 games have to do with ps+?

Unless you know something i dont, ps+ is offering Uncharted, Gravity Rush and Whipeout plus some psn games, non of these is a ps1 game. And you get all this plus more to come for 50$, if this isn't a selling point i dont know what is.

I don't know.

I read a lot about PS1 classics so I figured it was a part of PS+.  Everyone seems to be using PS1 and PSP games as selling points, and I would rather have Vita games to play primarily. 

I was gonna say, I didn't want to have a go at your original post but I don't see the link between you saying:

"PS1 games as part of the library is a problem" and "PS+ is a problematic selling point".  

They're two separate things.  One is PS1 games; one is a subscription to access Vita games for 'free'.

And in that respect I agree with you, PS1 + PSP games shouldnt be a selling point for many people (ironically the PSP library is a selling point for me because I never owned that system, so the Vita games I want + PSP games with dual analogue is enough).

But PS+ is different.  It's certainly a model that Sony are pushing hard lately and time will tell whether it creates enough incentives for current/future subscribers to invest in a Vita.

Bokal said:
I bought 1 PSP, did not play it much, so sold it. Then I again felt like I wanted one when they released Remote Play with the PS3. Still was not playing it.

So overall, I guess I'm not much into handled gaming. And as much as I want a Vita because it looks cool, I will resist buying it.

I was the same as you, I had a PSP and DS. I never played either systems, but I've already played my Vita more then the other 2 sysytems combined. Theres so much content which is either cheap or free (PSP games, PS1, Demo's, Occasional free software like Ecosystem and now PS+) its hard not have something to play on it, maybe not the AAA experience I was hoping for yet, but I'm sure they're on their way. Being able to access all games at all time with the 32GB memory card is probably one of the most important things for me and up until now the 3DS didn't didn't have its big titles availble for download.

You forgot the option: No, because the Vita and its games don't interest me in the slightest. I'd have picked that option.

Around the Network
Kynes said:
It seems this console is a very polarizing item. Some people consider it the best hardware they have ever owned, most people don't even consider purchasing it. I don't plan to purchase it because it has to compete with stronger offerings not related to videogames.

I don't think anyone doubts its hardware because it is near flawless in regards to its functions. I honestly had no interest in sony's follow up to the PSP up until it was actually shown off, the Vita in terms of design and infastructure was actually the handheld I was hoping the 3DS would be because I am a big fan of many of Nintendo's IPs.

I don't have one because I don't like its style of gaming.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Kresnik said:

I was gonna say, I didn't want to have a go at your original post but I don't see the link between you saying:

"PS1 games as part of the library is a problem" and "PS+ is a problematic selling point".  

They're two separate things.  One is PS1 games; one is a subscription to access Vita games for 'free'.

And in that respect I agree with you, PS1 + PSP games shouldnt be a selling point for many people (ironically the PSP library is a selling point for me because I never owned that system, so the Vita games I want + PSP games with dual analogue is enough).

But PS+ is different.  It's certainly a model that Sony are pushing hard lately and time will tell whether it creates enough incentives for current/future subscribers to invest in a Vita.

Ok.

But for me personally, PS1 Classics and PSP games wouldn't sell me.  Only VIta games would.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

I don't have a Vita for several reasons:

- It is too expensive. Especially when adding the memory card costs and the lack of high quality titles (which would suggest a lower price).

- No Sony IP's interests me. If I tried out a few I would probably like some of them, but I don't wanna take such a great financial risk.

- Sales trends. At the moment they really don't suggest that support for the system will increase in the near future. Heck, as far as we know Sony might even drop support if the system bring nothing but losses.

- Lack of compelling third party titles. If there ever is a great third party title made for it, chances are they will or already have released a superior version of it on an HD console anyway.

- Controls are inferior to that of Xbox and PS controllers. Smaller sticks, smaller buttons positioned too closely to the right stick resulting in accidental button presses. (Or so I have heard.) No handles to give the user a good grip.

- The hardcore gaming experience is trimmed down significantly due to previously mentioned controls, worse sound (I don't like using earphones when gaming, but even then I don't own any high quality earphones), smaller screen (scaling down the epic feel of enjoying massive detailed on-screen objects and environments/landscapes).

While the last two points also applies to my 3DS, the 3DS compensates these issues with its unique software.

I think you have pretty much summed up the problems with the Vita, though I think it is as comfortable as possible considering portability.

I think sales trend is the biggest concern. Sony don't use their A teams on Vita and their B teams simply don't make as good games and if they are not willing to commit all their resources to it, then why would 3rd parties?

Kenology said:

Ok.

But for me personally, PS1 Classics and PSP games wouldn't sell me.  Only VIta games would.

That's fine, and I agree.  You don't have to keep saying it :P