By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'm Honestly Disappointed in Nintendo

kopstudent89 said:

Calm down, it's only my opinion. Geez! I just feel the DS offered more innovation while the 3DS is sticking to its old guns. I still love my 3DS, but I just feel this year could've been much more! And numbers in NA and EU speak for themselves.

Well, techically 3DS is still above the DS in both territories, if I'm not mistaken.

And it doesn't have the ultimate system seller... piracy, which arrived on the DS pretty early - I remember seeing a R4 full of games in 2006 and shocked at how easy it was to piracy the thing.

BTW... I'm pretty calm, I think you're too, don't fret. I'm just saying, compare the first 2 years of the DS with the 3DS. Innovation, yes, for the reasons I explained (hardware). Back them, playing Tetris DS was "WOW", even though it was just tetris.  This just won't happen again anytime soon, for any system. But probably a lot of the games you're craving weren't available this early in the lifetime.

Around the Network
VicViper said:
kopstudent89 said:

Calm down, it's only my opinion. Geez! I just feel the DS offered more innovation while the 3DS is sticking to its old guns. I still love my 3DS, but I just feel this year could've been much more! And numbers in NA and EU speak for themselves.

Well, techically 3DS is still above the DS in both territories, if I'm not mistaken.

And it doesn't have the ultimate system seller... piracy, which arrived on the DS pretty early - I remember seeing a R4 full of games in 2006 and shocked at how easy it was to piracy the thing.

BTW... I'm pretty calm, I think you're too, don't fret. I'm just saying, compare the first 2 years of the DS with the 3DS. Innovation, yes, for the reasons I explained (hardware). Back them, playing Tetris DS was "WOW", even though it was just tetris.  But probably a lot of the games you're craving weren't available this early in the lifetime.

Nintendogs was released 2005, Animal Crossing 2006, Brain Training 2006. Still a lot of "Party Titles" were offering that DS boost. I agree it's still early on, but the DS was indeed exploding at the same time frame, and should soon exclipse 3DS sales for the same timeline.

And good mention on the R4. Piracy was certainly much easier on the DS (especially in the west!).

RolStoppable said:

You should have paid more attention then. A modified version of this will come to the Wii U's eShop at launch (Nano Assault Neo). Shin'en had problems with their European publisher, so the 3DS version isn't going to release at retail over here. However, there are plans to release an updated version on the 3DS's eShop (Nano Assault EX). This updated version might also release in America, so you may hold off of the 3DS retail version.

In general, Shin'en is one of the most competent third party developers on Nintendo systems. They are a very small developer, but put giants like Square-Enix to shame, because they know how to put bump mapping, advanced lighting and all that other stuff to use.

I should have, but to be fair I also blame retailers because that's where I get my info from usually. But I think I'll stick to online stores from now on, gameaccess.ca is a good place for me to start because though I may not be willing to purchase these games at full price, the service rents them for 14$ a month.

Thanks for the info, it's exactly my kind of game (a bit of galaxy and a bit of Metroid from what I've seen so far), but I think I will eye the 3DS version because I am a fan of 3D personally.

So, I took a look through the library of games for DS and 3DS in the first 20 months, and they're pretty similar if you ask me.

DS games:

Harvest Moon DS
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Brain Age
Animal Crossing: Wild World
Advance Wars: Dual Strike
Kirby: Canvas Curse
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
Mario Kart DS
Nintendogs
Metroid Prime Hunters
Super Mario 64 DS
Super Princess Peach
Tetris DS

3DS games:

Nintendogs + Cats
Pilotwings Resort
Super Street Fighter IV
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Dead or Alive: Dimensions
Star Fox 64 3D
Skylanders
Super Mario 3D Land
Mario Kart 7
Resident Evil Revelations
Kid Icarus Uprising
Mario Tennis Open
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy
Kingdom Hearts 3D
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Harvest Moon: A New Beginning

No 3DS game released yet interests me at all besides possibly Ocarina of time 3d, even though I've already played it. Same can be said about the Vita, besides maybe Uncharted. I really want to buy a new handheld but the games just aren't there.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Around the Network

honestly I don't know what I am looking foreword to on the 3DS besides the next Zelda and then I will wait for the next gen unless there is a Metroid and another Zelda + 3D Mario

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

I don't agree, this year has been great for 3DS, Prof Layton, Kid Icarus, Revelations, Snake Eater 3D, New Super Mario bros 2 and Kingdom Hearts. And i still have to buy Paper Mario, Mario Tennis, Theathrhythm (or whatsoever it writes) and Heroes of Ruin.
I'm waiting for a new RE from Revelations team, that would be awesome and the release of Fire Emblem Awakening and Professor Layton x Ace Attorney in the west.

WiiU/Wii/3DS/DS/Xbox360/PS3/PSP Owner 
3DS FC: 1032-1246-9162  (Nacho)
Nintendo Network ID: Zap786
If you add me, please let me know to add you back

I'm very disappointed, instead, not at how Ninty is treating 3DS, but at how it crippled both DS and Wii too early before their successors' launches. Luckily DS already reached mighty numbers, but Ninty must absolutely help Wii to reach 100M and possibly outsell PSOne too. Yes, 105M is not so much more than 98-99M, but for image sake and investors and devs reassuring it's very important, and not just for Ninty, but even more for the whole dedicated gaming devices market, showing in every possible manner it's still very healthy is of the essence in this time, when tablets and smartphones and possibly desktops derived from tablet HW and SW pose a risk of diverting 3rd parties. (Obviously this also means Sony too must absolutely try to do better with Vita).

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

I'm done with the dedicated handheld concept anyway. With cell phones whatever free time I have on the go is more than eaten up by various things on my cell.

Handhelds will decline as the years go on, and the 3DS is probably the last of the dinosaurs.

I think the next Nintendo platform will be a hybrid portable/console so that all their resources can be on one platform rather than split into two all the time.

So from that POV, I'm just enjoying 3DS for what it is. It's never going to have great Western third party support, because Western devs never support handhelds.

happydolphin said:
I am annoyed with the 3DS in NA too. Even Europe is getting more than us. I think that's a big fail.

Welcome to the third place.

I jest, that campaign was lol and ended up beeing oh so true.

Anyways, Mr. Monkey D Luffy ;), calm down. The N64 enhanced ports were only last year when they system was desperate, i have heard of none other since starfox and zelda came out. Nintendo has been spacing out the releases as i understand it. They are often criticized for having droughts, and they want to make sure there is a steady flow of titles coming out. I will point out that this christmas Layton and Paper mario are the big titles. Maybe the capability to please isnt the same as MK7 and SM3DL but cant have those every year. I would like more titles aswell, but early next year we will also get Fire emblem and monster hunter 3 ultimate. There will be a good flow incoming in the first half of next year.

I totally understand though, i want to buy some more games for my 3DS, but nothing is really making me jump to buy it. Paper Mario seems a tad expensive for me in comparison to HD titles i can buy instead. I'm thinking portable games might need a price cut to compete in the future. Doesnt really make alot of sense.