By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'm Honestly Disappointed in Nintendo

miz1q2w3e said:
Yeah, I'm still waiting for FIRE EMBLEM to release in the west D:

I don't agree about the lack of 2012 games, it's probably just that you don't care about them. RE: Revelations, Kid Icarus, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy, KH 3D, NSMB2, Paper Mario SS...etc - All solid games.

Nothing grand about them. Just doesn't have the va va voom that the DS held.

I also agree that the fact that the game costs are nearing consoles makes it more difficult. However, they really never tackled the main new features of the 3DS: The 3D screen, and the cameras (IR functionality). SM3D Land was the only one that offered a nice use of it. 

Around the Network

I just wanted to make clear that just because europe was ahead in Wii releases, it's not true at all concerning the 3DS. We are actually lagging behind. Wikipedia gives me nothing major that europe has over NA, but I think the list is a little outdated. We are just as fucked as you are.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_3DS_games

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

kopstudent89 said:
miz1q2w3e said:

I don't agree about the lack of 2012 games, it's probably just that you don't care about them. RE: Revelations, Kid Icarus, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy, KH 3D, NSMB2, Paper Mario SS...etc - All solid games.

I also agree that the fact that the game costs are nearing consoles makes it more difficult. However, they really never tackled the main new features of the 3DS: The 3D screen, and the cameras (IR functionality). SM3D Land was the only one that offered a nice use of it. 

I think you just want more games from some missing genres on 3DS that were popular on DS. I want them too, but I'm more than satisfied with these right now. I don't even have time to get any of them x_x

Wow, this game looks amazing. I had no idea it even existed...

kopstudent89 said:

Now you're just sticking to your argument for the sake of it, imo.

"Va va voon" is not achievable in the current form of gaming - no one invented the next big thing yet after touch and motion controls (or even dual screens). It's probably not easy to do come up with that, obviously. 3D is not the next step in that innovation ladder.

Around the Network
miz1q2w3e said:
kopstudent89 said:
miz1q2w3e said:

I think you just want more games from some missing genres on 3DS that were popular on DS. I want them too, but I'm more than satisfied with these right now. I don't even have time to get any of them x_x

I also want something completely new, not just old franchises. Pilot Wings does not count >.<. 2013 will be better with Prof Layton vs Ace Attorney, Inazuma, MH, AC, Luigi's Mansion, and hopefully a couple more big Nintendo games

VicViper said:
kopstudent89 said:

Now you're just sticking to your argument for the sake of it, imo.

"Va va voon" is not achievable in the current form of gaming - no one invented the next big thing yet after touch and motion controls (or even dual screens). It's probably not easy to do come up with that, obviously. 3D is not the next step in that innovation ladder.

Calm down, it's only my opinion. Geez! I just feel the DS offered more innovation while the 3DS is sticking to its old guns. I still love my 3DS, but I just feel this year could've been much more! And numbers in NA and EU speak for themselves.

I disagree and agree.

I disagree because there have been plenty games released for the 3DS in the west this year.

I agree because I didn't want any of them.

justinian said:
I disagree and agree.

I disagree because there have been plenty games released for the 3DS in the west this year.

I agree because I didn't want any of them.

Quality games are what counts! Defo

I agree with the OP, Nintendo still have problem proposing a good (and constant) inflow of games. My guess is that they are focusing mainly on Mario games directly at the beginning of 3DS lifespan because they are the games with the best legs and therefore they will be able to optimize sales of these games this way. 2013 look great though and Fire Emblem is the game I'm looking forward the most. Plus, what about this Castlevania game that looked awsome. I though it was suppose to release this fall?